Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whoever Took Down the Election Posters...

Options
  • 11-10-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭

...just threw those white plastic tie tag things on the ground all over the city, they should be tracked down and fined for that, Im seeing them everywhere, even found one in the mudguard of my bike :mad:

Another litter related matter, the little canal beside Dunnes Terryland is a disgrace, it looks like a town dump, completely carpeted in litter. I dont understand why they cut back all the bushes to expose it and then just left it there, even worse is that it doesnt have to be that way, a little bit of a clean-up and some trees planted and it would be a nice little green area like the way it is down at the bridge beside Galway Bay FM and the car wash, there are already swans, ducks and waterhens swimming around in there, as it is now though they're swimming around election posters, traffic cones, cans/bottles and tons of plastic.

Does anyone know what the best person/place is to complain about this? Im going to actually do it this time.

Comments

Thargor wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the best person/place is to complain about this? Im going to actually do it this time.
    Complain here:
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/Environment/Litter/IllegalDumping/
    Do something constructive here:
    http://www.nationalspringclean.org/what-can-i-do.php?pagetype=home
    Edit: Vote this way:
    http://www.greenparty.ie/ga/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Nothing stopping you donning a pair of marigolds and engaging in some civic spirit OP

Also the amount of broken glass at the side of the road/on bike path is unreal these last few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

...just threw those white plastic tie tag things on the ground all over the city, they should be tracked down and fined for that, Im seeing them everywhere, even found one in the mudguard of my bike :mad:

Another litter related matter, the little canal beside Dunnes Terryland is a disgrace, it looks like a town dump, completely carpeted in litter. I dont understand why they cut back all the bushes to expose it and then just left it there, even worse is that it doesnt have to be that way, a little bit of a clean-up and some trees planted and it would be a nice little green area like the way it is down at the bridge beside Galway Bay FM and the car wash, there are already swans, ducks and waterhens swimming around in there, as it is now though they're swimming around election posters, traffic cones, cans/bottles and tons of plastic.

They took the posters down. That was what they were told to do. If you feel so strongly do something useful about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They took the posters down. That was what they were told to do. If you feel so strongly do something useful about it.

Whoever put up the posters are also required to remove the tags, not just the posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

snubbleste wrote: »
    Whoever put up the posters are also required to remove the tags, not just the posters.
    Didn't know. Sorry. OP is fairly right so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks for those PG633, will post if I get a response, I already vote Green too.
    Nothing stopping you donning a pair of marigolds and engaging in some civic spirit OP

Also the amount of broken glass at the side of the road/on bike path is unreal these last few weeks
    Well I pay taxes and I expect those taxes to go towards clean roads and green areas, this job would be way too big for me on my own anyway. Agree about the glass everywhere, had 2 flat tyres on my bike in the last 2 weeks, it was 18 months since my last one before that.
    Bit of a stupid thing to say, did you even read what I wrote? What am I supposed to do about my complaint in my OP? Travel back in time and walk behind their truck picking up the plastic as they throw it on the ground? Try to reason with people that are that ignorant and oblivious of their environment?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

I found 1 on the tow bar of my jeep,i did wonder where it came from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Theres a ton of posters still up. Mr Eamon Gilmore should come take his down.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

so true...they were strewn all along my walking route home yesterday....itll take about 1000 years for them to break down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I don't mean to sound like a smartarse, we pay taxes in order that things such as this don't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

so true...they were strewn all along my walking route home yesterday....itll take about 1000 years for them to break down

You make them sound like land mines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

As well as all the ones on the ground there is as many still left on the poles, sticking out ready to take someones eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Thanks for those PG633, will post if I get a response, I already vote Green too.
    you feelin proud at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

paconnors wrote: »
    you feelin proud at the moment.
    Well judging by the new programme for government in the paper this morning Im fairly happy with what they've done, especially phasing out fur-farming, wouldnt say Im proud of the way the country has been run but compared to the other 3 parties or SF or someone? Yes, Im pleased and wouldn't vote for anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Well judging by the new programme for government in the paper this morning Im fairly happy with what they've done, especially phasing out fur-farming, wouldnt say Im proud of the way the country has been run but compared to the other 3 parties or SF or someone? Yes, Im pleased and wouldn't vote for anyone else.

well enjoy it while it lasts for the remainig 2 years cause they aint gonna see the inside of the dail again. unless there on a tour of course

Advertisement