Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

12v lights

• 11-10-2009 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hello does anyone know where to buy 12v downlights to run off leisure battery seen a few for use in homes would they run off a battery cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pandos

Almost any 12v lights will work, just leave out the transformer. Ikea and B&Q have pretty good selection.

I used 10 watt 12v downlighters from Haffele in my last camper, bought a box, they were really cheap.

IKEA have packs of small circular fittings called "Diodera" or something like that which I am going to use,over the bunks ( no heat )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 BenFoldsFive

pandos wrote: »
    Almost any 12v lights will work, just leave out the transformer. Ikea and B&Q have pretty good selection.

I used 10 watt 12v downlighters from Haffele in my last camper, bought a box, they were really cheap.

IKEA have packs of small circular fittings called "Diodera" or something like that which I am going to use,over the bunks ( no heat )

Ive fitted the Ikea diodera Leds lights.Nice and flush with good light from them.Bit pricey €50 for 4.Just remove the transformer and fit a 12v switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

Ive fitted the Ikea diodera Leds lights.Nice and flush with good light from them.Bit pricey €50 for 4.Just remove the transformer and fit a 12v switch.

how do you find the leds, i was worried they might be cold/blue and not a wide angle of light. do you know how many elements? are in each bulb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 BenFoldsFive

isup wrote: »
    how do you find the leds, i was worried they might be cold/blue and not a wide angle of light. do you know how many elements? are in each bulb?

10 elements per led.4 Leds per pack.Slight blue hint but not overbearing.
    Sorry for the poor quality pic from my fone.I'm using 4 leds on the front section of the camper.I was going to install a second at the rear end but the angle of light at the front does the job for me.
    09082009001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

looks good, think ill go have a look, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 decci

pandos wrote: »

got pack of five in B&Q for 28 euro looks the job cheers

Advertisement