Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MF 168 Price

• 11-10-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows the REAL buying price of a MF 168. I saw one yesterday it was in pretty good nick and has wet brakes. I know over the last few years that 135/165s were making stupid money but has this time passed? I was thinking 3,500 would be a fair price the guy selling is looking for close to 6k. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

locha wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows the REAL buying price of a MF 168. I saw one yesterday it was in pretty good nick and has wet brakes. I know over the last few years that 135/165s were making stupid money but has this time passed? I was thinking 3,500 would be a fair price the guy selling is looking for close to 6k. Cheers

hes out of his mind , id offer him three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

locha wrote: »

With a square axel and wet brakes they are a very saught after tractor. They come in a 4 speed also. Not many buyers for the 3 speed with Multi-power.
    A 4 speed in good nick with low hours or documented hostory of engine rebuilding and resprayed was making a min of €8k in the good times. What's it making now?? More than €3k anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

reilig wrote: »
    With a square axel and wet brakes they are a very saught after tractor. They come in a 4 speed also. Not many buyers for the 3 speed with Multi-power.
    A 4 speed in good nick with low hours or documented hostory of engine rebuilding and resprayed was making a min of €8k in the good times. What's it making now?? More than €3k anyway.

Agreed. If it's a genuine tidy machine with no major rust issues or big costs coming down the tracks, 6K is bang on the money. (for one with the spec described above)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Agreed. If it's a genuine tidy machine with no major rust issues or big costs coming down the tracks, 6K is bang on the money. (for one with the spec described above)

You might push him down to €5k if he's stuck for the money, but €6 is the general run. You can buy loads of 1 series MF tractors for €2k to €4k, but you pay for what you get too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

A neighbour has a 4-speed square axle 168 with wide wheels on it for as long as I can remember. It must've been very new when I bought it. It has drawn silage, pushed up silage and fed silage in the winter, but it sees little use nowadays. That tractor has never given any trouble and I still find myself looking enviously across the ditch at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭robototitico

Advertisement