Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best of luck to the 41st Inf lads (KFOR)

• 11-10-2009 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Best of luck to all the lads of the 41st Inf heading to Kosovo next week, first chalk headin gout on tuesday, Trained with alot of them so looking forward to thier safe return.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Best of luck to all the lads of the 41st Inf heading to Kosovo next week, first chalk headin gout on tuesday, Trained with alot of them so looking forward to thier safe return.

Going off who's left in the Unit from your platoon, I shall be working hard to discover who you are. :pac:

Best of luck to the lads, most of my mates are heading over. Poor Kosovo won't know what hit it when a Viking led trip turns up :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bring your warm weather gear lads! It's going to get oh so cold over there!! -30c was the coldest day when I was there (in a non army related job)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Good luck to them, if the rumours are true they will be warmed by the only Guinness on Tap in the middle east!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Good luck to them, if the rumours are true they will be warmed by the only Guinness on Tap in the middle east!!!

?? Middle East - huh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Heard rumours this may be the last trip to Kosovo.

Hopefully the rumours are false as it really is our only point of contact with foreign militaries

Would love to be going but I've had snow on me boots before time to get a bit of sand on them me thinks.

happy trails troops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Bring your warm weather gear lads! It's going to get oh so cold over there!! -30c was the coldest day when I was there (in a non army related job)

Around this time 3 years ago i got off the plane over there wth a fleece and smock and nearly melted, we had cracking weather till much later in the year!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

king-stew wrote: »
    Around this time 3 years ago i got off the plane over there wth a fleece and smock and nearly melted, we had cracking weather till much later in the year!
    I was there from beginning of December til the end of January, but I am guessing that their tour is 6 months so they shouldnt be fooled into thinking that the relatively warm weather is going to continue for long :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

muletide wrote: »
    ?? Middle East - huh ?

Oops Kosovo isn't in the Middle East, damn my Geography being all stupid right now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

I have Mates in Both Bosnia and Kosovo now and its bleedin Bitter!:D

Advertisement