Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Cracking stuff from Nash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Buy the ticket, take the ride. Fear & Loathing in Daytona Beach!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Cracking stuff from Nash!

SO MANY PEOPLE taking him seriously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

CATFIGHT
    Maria Kanellis took an apparent shot at Kelly Kelly while recapping Raw for Maria Menounos' AfterBuzzTV.com. Maria made reference to Kelly's return to Raw on the show, saying, "There was a lot of speculation that [Kelly Kelly] was leaving for good. So they must have come to terms on her contract and she's still here."

When Josh Padgett and guest Nigel McGuinness asked her if she had any heat with Kelly, she answered, "I just think that sometimes you gotta be careful what photos end up on the Internet when people are involved with other people because it makes us girls that work our tails off to be very good individuals and be good at our job look trashy."

When McGuinness joked, "Trending now, naked pictures of Kelly Kelly Maria replied, "I don't mind those, naked it up if you're by yourself, but if you're with someone else's someone else...I don't like that. Scandalous and I don't like it. It's exact opposite of what I'm about. I think that you have to be careful with that stuff."

She continued, "Especially if you're trying to change the opinions people are having about a certain group of individuals. You know what I mean? I have a problem with that because I fought my entire life to try and be just as strong as men and just as smart, and of course, the first thing that happens, is I get a stupid gimmick. So what did I do? I got on Celebrity Apprentice. And as soon as I was out of WWE, I started to make a change with my life, but it was not random photos of me with someone else's someone else—because they don't go away."

Rajah reports that Maria appeared to be referring to images of Kelly getting pictured making out with Chris Jericho, who is married, back in 2009. The couple were rumoured to be in a secret relationship at the time.

Kelly posted to Twitter on Tuesday evening:

I will never mention your name, you will never be relevant. If I have something to say about you, I will say it to you ☺ #thebiggerperson.

Maria replied:

Relevant enough to call me. #IMALADY.

@afterbuzztv is a show about a show. Every show discusses the show, news and gossip. If you don't like you're dirty laundry aired maybe you should be more careful about what shows up on the Internet.

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/249801/Maria-Kanellis-Takes-a-Shot-at-Kelly-Kelly-While-Recapping-Raw.htm#eF3xcxH2Uo4vmYu6.99

Video in the article:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

rovert wrote: »

This is my favourite:
    After losing the title to Bret Hart in late 1995, Nash met with McMahon to discuss the direction of the business. "Did you see Heat? Did you root for Pacino or De Niro?," Nash asked his boss. McMahon admitted to cheering for the villain. "Don't you understand that the antihero is the new hero?" He thinks it inspired the Attitude Era and the subsequent ascent of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

:D

He's not shy about promoting his legacy. He really knows how to piss off the smarks.

• Advertisement

Kevin Nash kinda thinks the whole success of both WWE and WCW was down to him. Ha ha ha. Devon just hit me back on Twitter saying that Ron Simmons is like a father to him. Cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Chris Jericho ‏- @IAmJericho
    Funny how @realkevinnash says wrestling “died” when Benoit and Guerrero were champs-Yet the worst year for WWE biz was 95 when he was on top - 8 hours ago

Kevin Nash - ‏@RealKevinNash
    Once again the puppet master pulls the marks strings .Knew Jericho was a closet mark.First one eliminated on a bullsh*t sing show...REALLY!! - 7 hours ago

Chris Jericho - ‏@IAmJericho
    Hope @realkevinnash doesn’t tear his quad tweeting! #typicalbigman #nwothirdwheel - 7 hours ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Nash should of asked him Does he still play with Barbies?

This is my favourite:

:D

In fairness the Kliq was pushing Vince to modernise and go the Attitude route. Kevin and Austin are friends too. Also Scott Hall used Scarface as a part of his pitch for the Razor Ramon character.

Chris Jericho ‏- @IAmJericho
    Funny how @realkevinnash says wrestling “died” when Benoit and Guerrero were champs-Yet the worst year for WWE biz was 95 when he was on top - 8 hours ago

Kevin Nash - ‏@RealKevinNash
    Once again the puppet master pulls the marks strings .Knew Jericho was a closet mark.First one eliminated on a bullsh*t sing show...REALLY!! - 7 hours ago

Chris Jericho - ‏@IAmJericho
    Hope @realkevinnash doesn’t tear his quad tweeting! #typicalbigman #nwothirdwheel - 7 hours ago

What's with Nash calling Jericho a mark as an insult? Does he mean Jericho doesn't know what went on behind the scenes while Nash was champion?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

That's Nash's comeback to just about everyone though.

The guy's a two faced moron from what I can see, can't understand how he's managed to play so many to his favour over the years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

rovert wrote: »
    In fairness the Kliq was pushing Vince to modernise and go the Attitude route. Kevin and Austin are friends too. Also Scott Hall used Scarface as a part of his pitch for the Razor Ramon character.

Which Vince had never heard of, if I recall correctly. Must've thought Scott was a marketing genius!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What's with Nash calling Jericho a mark as an insult? Does he mean Jericho doesn't know what went on behind the scenes while Nash was champion?

Probably because it was reported on the dirtsheets (for lack of a better word) and jericho must have read it on one of them.

Next CHIKARA King of Trios Team

KOT12_15.jpg

Might end in tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Team 1993!

I do like Chikara's videogame/80s cartoon influences. I wish their show could take the TV slot of NXT or FCW, i think a saturday-morning type show would be great for both WWE and Chikara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Kid was awesome the last time he was there. Shame he looked so out of shape at Raw 1000, he could hardly manage the jumping crotch chop.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Kid was awesome the last time he was there. Shame he looked so out of shape at Raw 1000, he could hardly manage the jumping crotch chop.

He kicked cigarettes and gained 30 pounds. Last weekend he said he lost 15 pounds. Looks a lot lighter in this pick last Monday before Raw than he was at Raw 1000:

Azn6iDNCIAATv_S.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I hope his voice being shot at RAW 1000 was just from boozing it up at for Shawn's bday.

Rovert's CHIKARA Poster

albert.jpg

They should have this guy instead of Tatanka for a reunion.

''Yo you dealin' with the X-Factor!!! I got everything I ever wanted, And I'll never give that back. Well, I know you hate X-Factor, but you ain't gotta look at me like'' ... *shudders*....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Omackeral wrote: »
    Rovert's CHIKARA Poster

Albert

They should have this guy instead of Tatanka for a reunion.

Um.. You know that he is this guy, right?

lord-tensai.jpg?w=719&h=498

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Posted on WWE's Youtube channel. Definitely some matches on there I'd love to see.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Um.. You know that he is this guy, right?

Oh so that's why they were chanting Allllberrrrt Allllberrrrt!?!?!?

Of course I knew Punked, give me some credit! Just tot I'd go old skool to fit in with 123 Kid and Aldo Montoya... although strictly speaking I should've used a Prince Albert pic.

lpc_wwf5021.jpeg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Garseys wrote: »
    Posted on WWE's Youtube channel. Definitely some matches on there I'd love to see.
    I agree and at least two of those are still possible...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was sure Cena was going to be the number 1 match.

Did Michaels and The Rock never face each other in the ring?

CastorTroy wrote: »

They never did, strange considering they are both considered two of the core of the Attitude Era although of course Michaels missed most of it. Michaels did guest referee the Iron Match between Rock and Triple H.

Amazing nothing happened between them between 2002 and 2004. Bear in mind they didn't get on in real life according to Bret Hart's book. Can't find it now but I read an interview online where The Rock said he has no interest in working with Michaels.

Still money talks, I'm surprised Vince didn't make it happen between late 2002 and 2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

CastorTroy wrote: »

I don't think they have and afaik there's a lot of heat between the two of them. I'm not entirely sure of the specifics but I think it was something to do with Shawn using politics to hold the Rock back.

Interesting summary of their relationship:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133458293&page=1

As with anything in backstage rumours, hard to know what's true and what isn't.

I brought that up on here before about the Kliq and people laughed. It was in relation to the nugget thing. Anyway, I'll reiterate what I read in Hitman again, apparently all of that stuff, like The Rock not moving forward quicker, Owen being called a nugget, all kept going by Michaels & Helmsley. ****Only what I read now mind.******

More on the JTG outburst from the Observer/life of a lowcarder
    What started was when talent got paid for an international tour that went through Central and South America. They’re used to getting paid big on international tours, but the tour wasn’t that successful and the undercard talent all got $500 per night, which is a lot less than they expected. The grosses for the tour weren’t big, but at the same time, most of the shows on that tour were sold shows in that WWE itself got a guaranteed payoff of $250,000 per night from local promoters. The Brazil debut didn’t do all that well compared to debuts in most markets, but WWE sees Brazil going forward as an important market in the future because of the World Cup and Olympics bringing so much into that economy. Then came the frustration from WrestleMania. The company encourages everyone to bring their families to Mania for the whole week. However, the talent has to pay for it. The week in Miami for those with a wife and kids could run up to a lot of money. One veteran wrestler estimated to us the figure could have easily been significantly more than some of the talent earned for the week, which led to a lot of frustration. Then the guys at the bottom level only got $2,000 for the week, which coming at the same time the company was bragging about it being the biggest money producing show in pro wrestling history, was a surprise and led to a great deal of unhappiness. It should be noted that JTG and almost all the lower ranked guys didn’t wrestle on the show, as they didn’t do the usual Battle Royal to get everyone on the card, and the bottom guys who weren’t in the main matches were used to getting the level of payoff for at least being on the show. However, all the wrestlers on the roster did work during the week at Fan Axxess. This led to talk again about how the company should pay road expenses for talent given in virtually all forms of entertainment business when someone brings you on the road to work, they pay for the hotel or give you a per diem, and every sport falls into this category. I also want to make clear the payoff issue for the Latin American tour was some time back and the Mania payoffs were fairly recent, but whatever was the straw that broke the camel’s back with JTG is likely more never getting an opportunity.

One story went around is that several times when O’Neil & Young were on television that Cryme Tyme started trending worldwide on twitter. Obviously WWE wouldn’t mention that on TV for a number of reasons, but with so much emphasis on twitter in the company, there were going to people saying to him that his tag team act is more over today, even though off TV for years, than the one they are pushing based on some people on twitter who were either telling jokes or don’t know the difference between he two teams, or who knows what. Much of the talent on the roster is so scared for their jobs that they aren’t going to do anything. Unless it’s a unified locker room so you don’t risk being fired for taking a stand. One person told us there was serious union talk after the Mania payoffs but for a ton of reasons, I don’t see wrestlers unionizing because the top guys aren’t going to join in and the bottom guys aren’t going to risk losing their job without another place to work for similar money in the business. At least in 1986, when Jesse Ventura was pitching the idea, and even he didn’t get very far with it, there were plenty of options for the wrestlers and the name stars carried the freight more than the brand name did. The whole dynamic is different. The only thing positive about timing, and this is something at least some talent discussed, is the Linda McMahon senate run, as if the wrestlers were in a fight with management over being unionized after the primary and before the general election, the publicity would hurt McMahon in a strong union state. But at the end of the day, I don’t see the solidarity and there are far too many guys scared for their jobs to make waves.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Apparently WWE and the world wildlife fund have settled an agreement, and WWE can show the old WWF scratch logo now without blurring it out. WWE wanted the issue settled before the launch of the new WWE Network.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement