Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Digitalism wrote: »
    Apparently WWE and the world wildlife fund have settled an agreement, and WWE can show the old WWF scratch logo now without blurring it out. WWE wanted the issue settled before the launch of the new WWE Network.

Thank f*ck. here's hoping they redo the anthologies with the blurring removed. (The Wrestlemania one from 99 to 2002 suffered badly with that)

anyway it's been what 10 years since the name change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"Get the 'F' out!"

I remember it well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE superstar C.M. Punk is furious with Nike ... claiming the sportswear giant is sending a HORRIBLE message to kids by signing UFC champ Jon "Bones" Jones ... who happens to be a convicted drunk driver.

FYI -- Nike announced it signed Jones to a MAJOR global endorsement deal yesterday ... a deal likely worth millions of dollars.

But moments after the announcement ... WWE champ C.M. Punk unloaded on The Swoosh ... saying, "Let's reward more drunk drivers with endorsement deals! #responsibility."

Punk -- who doesn't drink or smoke -- is referring to Jon's DUI conviction, stemming from a May 19 incident in which Jones drunkenly crashed his Bentley into a utility pole.

Jones apologized for the incident ... and after cutting a deal with prosecutors, his driver's license was suspended for 6 months.

So far, no comment from either Jones or Nike.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/09/wwe-star-blasts-nike-signing-bones-jones-is-wrong-hes-a-bad-role-model

Jone's Bud Light ad the week before he got stung for crashing in a pole outside a strip club:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Punk speaks out again, what a shock.
    After seeing that ad with tubby Dana White I really want Hendo to floor him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Good man, Punk. Confirming to me that he really does move to another planet sometimes on issues like this. Clearly the man has no concept of the phenomenon in life called, "**** happens."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

The same CM Punk who wants to wrestle a wife-beater at next years Wrestlemania?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Punks mockery of Nike endorsing a drunk driver is fair in my opinion.

It hardly came across as him being furious and throwing a wobbler though. It was like someone posting rolly eyes on a forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Charisteas wrote: »
    The same CM Punk who wants to wrestle a wife-beater at next years Wrestlemania?

Good point. And why doesn't he criticise the WWE for promoting famous drug-taker, Charlie Sheen, on their show?

Nike sponsoring Jon Jones. I just realised it'll save UFC the bother of doing it for his next fight.
    :-P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You'd nearly think Punk was trying to generate some publicity :D

• Advertisement

You'd nearly think Punk was trying to generate some publicity :D

Yeah espn mentioning steroids and owen harts death again is great publicity(I ain't agreeing with espn but they and most media don't give two f**ks who punk is or respect his line of woqk). Or is he Jeri-trolling or tweeting drunk or more likely acting like a moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Maybe the chap's just tweeting in character.

At some point, I believe, most of these guys lose sight of where the line between the 2 is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

WWE gets some serious abuse for referencing twitter so much, but news sites seem to take something that some wrestler said in 140 characters or less and its blown into a full blown story on the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CMpunked wrote: »
    WWE gets some serious abuse for referencing twitter so much, but news sites seem to take something that some wrestler said in 140 characters or less and its blown into a full blown story on the net.

They do be begging people to use it, they can't complain if someone latches on to a stupid comment made by one of their employees. They have to take the bad with the good if they are going to remain so insistent on begging people to use it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Good on Diego.

For those who don't know clips of Diego shouting YES while doing cartwheels downhill and stuff went viral after being shown on a UFC profile piece on him.

Fozzy have confirmed gigs for the following dates -

Nov 23, 2012 - Fri - 7:00 PM - Cypress Avenue - Cork, IRE
    Nov 24, 2012 - Sat - 7:00 PM - The Academy - Dublin, IRE

http://www.fozzyrock.com/tour.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

so he won't be winning any title at Survivor Series then.

He'll beat Sheamus, then Sheamus will attack him onstage in Dublin.

I'd actually pay serious money to see that. I'd even sit through an hour of Fozzy's music too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was answering fan questions on Twitter, WWE Champion CM Punk tweeted a picture of a CM Punk action figure standing over a Johnson action figure that had been "put to sleep." Johnson responded, "You knocked by delivering a GTS. I'll answer by delivering the ass kicking of a lifetime. @WWE Championship #Rumble2013 #RockTalk."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I really hope Rock actually does the job on one of these comeback matches. It'll be disgraceful if he does nothing but win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I really hope Rock actually does the job on one of these comeback matches. It'll be disgraceful if he does nothing but win.

I have a feeling he will put punk over. It would be great for business. Cena didn't need the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If Punk still has the title at Royal Rumble, I'll be praying for a Rock win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I think he'll beat Punk at the rumble for the title, and lose at WrestleMania. Not sure to who, although personally I'd love a Rock-Sheamus feud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,226 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think he'll beat Punk at the rumble for the title, and lose at WrestleMania. Not sure to who, although personally I'd love a Rock-Sheamus feud.

I reckon Cena will beat him for the title at Wrestle Mania next year.

personally I'd love a Rock-Sheamus feud.

That could be awesome but expect Rock would probably (jokingly) crap all over the Irish.

That could be awesome but expect Rock would probably (jokingly) crap all over the Irish.

I think all the "human jar of mayonnaise" jokes are done already. Though at some point he would probably mention how he's part Irish himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Well, sure it will be a bit of craic to see what he comes out with, and what comebacks Sheamus might have. Anyway Sheamus would have to turn heel for that and I don't see that happening.

Rock-Bryan is a stronger possibility but for WrestleMania, a rematch against Cena is probably the most likely as somebody said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

No way should Sheamus be in the same ring as The Rock. John Cena and CM Punk are the only people on the roster who should face The Rock. Even after that a feud between The Rock and Randy Orton or The Rock Vs Rey Mysterio would be better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement