Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Would like to see Brock vs Rock or Rock vs HHH more than Punk or Cena fu*k it i'd rather see Bully Ray vs Rock than him vs Cena again if i'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I think that WWE should keep to their promise of "Once In A Lifetime"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Original belt found that started it all :)

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2012/08/11/20093046.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I haven't seen it posted yet but CM Punk recently gave an interview. This is what he had to say.

Source: http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/250517
    WWE Champion C.M. Punk appeared at Wizard World in Chicago on Saturday and took part in a Q&A session. The following are the highlights of the session…

-CM Punk said his match against Daniel Bryan at Over The Limit was probably his favorite match of 2012.

-Someone asked Punk what he thought about facing Bryan in a submission match and Punk said he would love for that to happen.

-On the Kevin Nash controversy about smaller wrestlers winning the title: Punk said that it is Nash's opinion and you can't hate someone's opinion just because you don't agree with it.

-On JTG's twitter rant: CM Punk said if JTG had a problem with something, he should have talked to Vince McMahon or someone backstage instead of ranting about it on Twitter. Punk said that although his original Pipe Bomb promo was a public rant just like JTG, everything Punk said during the promo were the same things he had been saying to Vince for months.

-Someone asked Punk if he still feels the same way about the things he said in his original Pipe Bomb promo a year ago. Punk said it's different now because he is a lot less pissed off than he was back then.

-Punk was asked if he would rather face The Rock or John Cena at WrestleMania, and Punk said he wants to face The Rock so he could try to have a better match with Rock than Cena did and then be able to tell Cena that Punk's match was better. Punk made it sound like Rock and Cena are the top two possible opponents for WrestleMania next year.

-Punk said it's unlikely he will face Stone Cold anytime soon because Stone Cold just had knee surgery. Punk said the match will only happen if Stone Cold wants it to happen.

-Punk talked about how Eddie Guerrero offered to help CM Punk and Punk would talk to Eddie many times.

-Punk revealed that his new DVD will be shown to the public at a theater in Chicago two days before it is released. Punk said that one of the extras on the DVD is Kofi Kingston and him playing a Street Fighter video game and Punk said it's funny.

-Punk said he doesn't really know if Colt Cabana wants to be in the WWE because when they talk to each other, they don't talk about wrestling.

-Punk said that he was originally going to get the lead role in The Marine 3. He would have worked on WWE TV shows and been off house shows, but the shooting schedule conflicted with the WWE European tour. Punk said that the role went to someone in the WWE that fans wouldn't care so much if he was gone for a little bit. Punk was referring to The Miz.

-Punk was asked who he would work with if he could work with anyone. He said Samoa Joe. Punk was also asked which wrestler from an independent company he would like to see in the WWE. Punk said Samoa Joe again. The fan said that Samoa Joe works for TNA and Punk said something like: "I know. You said indy didn't you?"

-Someone asked when we would see Punk perform the Pepsi Plunge again. Punk said that it isn't used because he doesn't think he needs to use it. Punk said the move isn't banned and no one has told him he can't use that move.

-The Overexcited Brock Lesnar Fan was in line to ask a question and before his question, Punk invited him to the stage. Punk said something like, "Does anyone know who this is? It's the Brock Lesnar Guy!" Punk talked about that the guy is shown in every Lesnar video package because of when he copied Lesnar's entrance thing when Lesnar returned on Raw in April. Punk made the fan do the same thing he did on Raw. I think Punk said that the guys in the back enjoy seeing it whenever it is replayed.

Punk talked about retiring from wrestling. He said that he will be 34 in a few months and that is too old to be able to perform at a high level in professional wrestling. Punk said he won't be another Triple H or Undertaker. Those two guys are currently older than 40 and still performing in the ring. Punk said when he does retire, he will leave the wrestling business for at least two years. I think he said if he does return to wrestling, he won't make a return to the ring. His retirement will not be like a Terry Funk retirement. Punk said he feels good now and he wants to stay healthy after he is retired. Punk said he has had one surgery and he never wants another surgery ever again. Punk said that he doesn't want to say when he might retire because the answer would "depress the hell" out of everyone.

-Punk said he is running out of goals to accomplish and wants to retire soon because he has never had a break. I think Punk said that other than a two month break after he fractured his skull, he has never taken a break since 1997. Punk mentioned that he was supposed to get a break after Money in the Bank 2011, but that didn't happen.

-Punk said "CM" means whatever fans want it to mean.

-Punk was asked what was his biggest challenge becoming a WWE Superstar. Punk said, "I think the challenge was becoming a WWE Superstar and there was just so much that was challenging about it. I don't really know what the hardest thing was."

-CM Punk talked about a new design for the WWE Championship title. I think he said it's coming soon and it will be something he helped create. He teased that it could happen at SummerSlam or maybe at the next Pay-Per-View after SummerSlam which is in Boston, John Cena's hometown.

-CM Punk said Tout and Twitter are the future of the WWE so get used to it. Punk said he thinks it is good for the WWE, but he doesn't want to see Tout on Raw every ten minutes.

-CM Punk said WrestleMania is going to cities that give WWE the most money and he compared the process to cities bidding for the Olympics.

-CM Punk said he doesn't like getting hit with weapons, especially Kendo Sticks. Punk said Kendo Sticks are very painful and told the fans not to hit people with Kendo Sticks.

-Punk was asked to name his favorite fighting video game and he said he likes Mortal Kombat.

-Slapshot is Punk's favorite movie.

-CM Punk was asked about the possibility of a CM Punk comic book. Punk said he doesn't want to see it. Punk did say that he might be currently working on creating a comic book.

-Punk was asked about his favorite Batman villain and he said it is probably The Joker. Punk was also asked about which fictional character he would like to wrestle and Punk said he would fight Catwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭naitsirhc

Yeah...I'd fight catwoman too ;)

• Advertisement

JTG complaining to Vince yeah that'd end well.
    JTG: Yo Vince whats up with da Mania cheque?
    Vince: Who are you again, I thought I fired Shad Gaspard?
    JTG: I'm jtg!
    Vince: (awkward silence)
    JTG: About my money?
    Vince: Yeah what about it?
    20 minutes later we wish JTG the best in his future endeavours.
    Voice of voiceless indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Punk said that the role went to someone in the WWE that fans wouldn't care so much if he was gone for a little bit. Punk was referring to The Miz.

Ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

GTR63 wrote: »

JTG: That money, money, yeah yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think he'll beat Punk at the rumble for the title, and lose at WrestleMania. Not sure to who, although personally I'd love a Rock-Sheamus feud.

Wouldnt Rock then have to defend the title then at the ppvs before WM also?

JTG: That money, money, yeah yeah

...YOOOOOOUUUUurrrr FIIIIIRREEEeddd!!!ggh
    JTG: Can I get a job on Punk's tour bus?
    Vince: hmmmm Yes why not(take that naysayers, I told you Linda is a job creator).

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think he'll beat Punk at the rumble for the title, and lose at WrestleMania. Not sure to who, although personally I'd love a Rock-Sheamus feud.

I wonder if WWE would have live shows for a couple of months without the WWE champ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My dream scenario would be for Rock to clear his schedule and go on the road with WWE as champ for the two months before Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Just Elimination Chamber! Although surely it will just be a Rock 1-on-1 rather than him appearing in an Elimination Chamber match.

Disappointed Punk didn't back JTG - so much for him being an anti-authority figure. Even if it was just to appear in character for one question. Punk's main quality is that you believe his onscreen persona is really him in really life (straight edge, pipebombs, etc) - he lost credibility there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Just Elimination Chamber! Although surely it will just be a Rock 1-on-1 rather than him appearing in an Elimination Chamber match.

Disappointed Punk didn't back JTG - so much for him being an anti-authority figure. Even if it was just to appear in character for one question. Punk's main quality is that you believe his onscreen persona is really him in really life (straight edge, pipebombs, etc) - he lost credibility there.

Theyd have to have him in a EC match, itd be pointless to have just the WHC EC match.
    Having him hold the title going into mania kinda makes its too obvious the RR winner will be going for WHC again, unless he beats Punk and then Punk enters RR and wins.

ceegee wrote: »
    Theyd have to have him in a EC match, itd be pointless to have just the WHC EC match.
    Having him hold the title going into mania kinda makes its too obvious the RR winner will be going for WHC again, unless he beats Punk and then Punk enters RR and wins.

They could have a WHC chamber match, and a #1 contenders match for the WWE title match later. They've done that once or twice before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

GTR63 wrote: »
    20 minutes later we wish JTG the best in his future endeavours.
    Voice of voiceless indeed.

actual footage of the conversation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

ceegee wrote: »

Well the Royal Rumble winner has always gone for the WHC over the last few years so no big deal to give it away.

Besides, if The Rock wins the title I think it will be after the Royal Rumble match, so that the show can close with the Rock holding the belt. The title match closed the show in 1998 and 2006 so I'd expect it to happen again (even if the Rock loses). So no spoiler for the Royal Rumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think that the winner of the Royal Rumble should challenge the WWF Champion at WrestleMania every year, and that the main event of the February pay per view should just be something that builds anticipation. It was so much more interesting years ago I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I think that the winner of the Royal Rumble should challenge the WWF Champion at WrestleMania every year, and that the main event of the February pay per view should just be something that builds anticipation. It was so much more interesting years ago I thought.

Somewhat agree. I thought the main event of the first ever No Way Out captured this idea perfectly. You had all the opponents on opposite sides in a heated 8man unsanctioned contest, which incorporated the feuds heading into Mania.

Steve Austin vs Shawn Michaels
    Owen Hart vs Triple H
    Cactus/Chainsaw vs New Age Outlaws

Obviously Shawn was injured but the idea still stood. However, there's an argument to keep the stars away from each other til the big showdown also so you preserve your main events.

One last opinion. Sometimes a shocking title change at the Feb PPV can be decent. For example, Eddie Guerrero dethroning Brock in 2004. This gave both men more compatible matches on the Wrestlemania card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

srm23 wrote: »
    actual footage of the conversation

William Regal is just too good :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Since he gets so much heat for being an ***hole to people, here's a fan report I thought I'd share I saw on another site with regards CM Punk at a Q&A yesterday...
    CM Punk’s Q&A session was only supposed to be from 6:00 to 6:30. He talked for about one hour and 30 minutes because Punk said he didn’t have a plane to catch and he could stay as long as people wanted him to stay. One of the people in attendance told Punk that her kids are fans and now she is a fan too. I enjoyed listening to CM Punk and he didn’t stop until he answered every question. His Q&A session ended about 30 minutes after the convention ended. I had to leave for a few minutes so I could pick up my photo because if I waited, they would not have let me back into the convention. CM Punk impressed me so much. He was very friendly to everyone and he made sure no one left disappointed.

Also on the Q&A...
    Punk was asked if he could work with anyone, who would it be and Punk said Samoa Joe. Punk was also asked which wrestler from an independent company he would like to see in the WWE. Punk said Samoa Joe again. The fan said that Samoa Joe works for TNA and Punk said something like, “I know. You said indy didn’t you?”

Kurt Angle no like....from his Twitter...
    "Punk wants to Say Tna Is An Indy League? I Was On top in Wwe when You Were trying to Get a Job Anywhere. It Was My Choice to go to Tna. ..."

"If I ever See You Punk, Hide *****!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Why the hell does Angle always feel the need to get involved and threaten people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Big fan of Angle in his prime, but he's busted now, his body is broke down - and he looks like he's aged 20 years since his debut in the WWF. Punk is right - TNA is smalltime. Competing under a crowd of a 1000 people doesn't help it. Angle went to TNA not because it was better, but because the schedule was easier on him and his body.

Tbf to Angle i'd much rather see Jon Jones make a crater of Punk's face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Punk's just bitter because he could never rise above the lower midcard in TNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Would love to see Angle batter Punk!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Would love to see Angle batter Punk!!

You'll have to wait a while for that I'm afraid. Rumour has it that Kurt's in training for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Special Agent Oso

dlofnep wrote: »
    Big fan of Angle in his prime, but he's busted now, his body is broke down - and he looks like he's aged 20 years since his debut in the WWF. Punk is right - TNA is smalltime. Competing under a crowd of a 1000 people doesn't help it. Angle went to TNA not because it was better, but because the schedule was easier on him and his body.

Totally agree but Punk looks to have aged a lot over the past few years as well. In 5 years time, Punk could look like a smaller, skinnier, tattooed version of Kurt :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Omackeral wrote: »
    You'll have to wait a while for that I'm afraid. Rumour has it that Kurt's in training for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.

Dunno about that but he's running for political office too.

http://www.pwmania.com/kurt-angle-says-hes-running-for-political-office-thursdays-impact-wrestling-rating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Sure he's probably going to run for president the next time round (I dont know how many years the get in America) too! :pac:

He comes out with some crap but he said recently he signed a new contract and its only part time since he doesnt feel he needs to be on the show every week. Im pretty sure people have been saying that for two or three years now. Keep him as a special attraction instead of just another guy. IT increases his worth to the company and gives him the time he needs to heal up. Open a wrestling school or join the OVW staff if he gets bored during the time off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement