Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

What a dumb idea Kurt but after Arnie becoming Govner nothing would shock me with America, still smarter than Ric Flair's Financial advice company mind.
    Wasn't Rock talking about running for President or did I imagine that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

GTR63 wrote: »
    Wasn't Rock talking about running for President or did I imagine that.

Can anyone else imagine him cutting promos on World Leaders?

"MICHAEL D HIGGINS RUNNING AROUND LOOKING LIKE A HOBBIT!" :D

Can anyone else imagine him cutting promos on World Leaders?

"MICHAEL D HIGGINS RUNNING AROUND LOOKING LIKE A HOBBIT!" :D

At least with the economy going to hell you could have a laugh. "LOOK AT HIM STANDING HERE LOOKING ALL OLD LIKE BILBO AFTER HE GAVE FRODO THE RING". Rock Botto....wait counter by Higgins into a Stunner. Unlike his policies nobody can question Rock selling the stunner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

WAIT HERE COMES CAMERON WITH A CHAIR!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I for one look forward to a UN Royal Rumble.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Following the release of Abraham Washington, there is talk within WWE about giving the Prime Time Players (Titus O’Neil and Darren Young) a new manager or adding another member to the group. Vince McMahon is said to be against using managers, but many feel that it will change and that the team will get paired up with a new manager soon. If it’s not a manager, there was talk of adding JTG to the group, obviously to keep him happy. That’s part of the reason you haven’t seen him blasting the company on Twitter as of late. We’re told they tried to calm him down last week on RAW but then jobbed him out on TV this week for speaking up. The fact that he got television time and the issue was addressed was apparently enough to keep him happy …. for now. After JTG demanded to appear on RAW, his wish was granted by brand General Manager AJ Lee as she placed him in a one-on-one match against Ryback. After decisively losing, the Cryme Tyme founder was asked on Backstage Fallout how it felt to be back.

“It was great, it was everything I ever imagined. It was stupendous. Just so you know, I’m being sarcastic,” JTG says. He is also asked if he learned what words not to use around the new GM. “In the future, I’ll check myself, but she took it the wrong way. I didn’t mean she was crazy, I just meant the whole … whatever. But anyways, I was out there on RAW, doing my thing,” he says.

The guys are still very frustrated though and plan to continue calling out the company if something isn’t done to take care of the mid-card talents.

As we exclusively last night here on the website, Shawn Michaels’ line on RAW about Triple H “flying commercial” and calling him “Mr. Big Wig” was a direct shot at our exclusive report about mid-card talents being frustrated with management/agents/producers flying on private jets and riding in limos to the arena. They also have all their travel and hotel accommodations paid for by the company while the majority of talents sit in coach and pay for their own hotels, rental cars, etc. Main event talents ride in their own personal buses, which are owned by the company. John Cena, CM Punk, The Big Show and others all have their own personal tour buses and make huge bonuses on overseas tours, pay-per-view events and merchandise sales. We’re told John Cena gets over 40% of merchandise sales while a guy like Zack Ryder gets less than 10 percent. Ryder is one of the top five merchandise sellers in the company.

It could clearly be seen on RAW that WWE was basically egging on their mid-card talents who have been frustrated. They directly referenced JTG’s tweets from last week and then had him completely “job out” to Ryback. Other guys who have been openly frustrated (Tensai and Ron Killings) were “jobbed out” as well. Despite Truth defeating Slater, he was taken out by the Prime Time Players and there are plans to give the titles to them on Sunday. Basically, WWE’s way of responding to mid-card talents frustration is to job them out. Vince McMahon loves doing stuff like this but in the long run, it’s only going to cause more frustration with the possibility of many of these guys lashing out at the company. It’s obviously not the smartest move with Linda McMahon’s senate campaign but WWE doesn’t seem to care or feels WWE talent “doesn’t have the balls” to speak out for fear of losing their jobs. As noted before in our exclusive report via WZROnline.com, none of these guys want to leave or get fired but feel “enough is enough” and something needs to be done. Until a bunch of these guys decide to step up, the company is obviously going to continue to mock their frustrations on television.

It was interesting to note that WWE had JTG “flirting” with Kaitlyn backstage and then followed it up by plugging Roddy Piper later in the night. You can draw your own conclusions with the whole Piper/Kaitlyn and JTG stories we’ve posted here on the website. Then, as noted above, Shawn Michaels’ referenced the “flying commercial/big wig” story we exclusively reported on in a backstage segment talking to Triple H on a cell phone. Again, things like this only infuriate talents further. It’s basically a giant “FU” to over half the current WWE roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

If the whole JTG thing was not a work then we are they even bothering keeping him happy/jobbing him out? Would they not just release him and be done with it? Everyone thought it be a matter of time before he'd be let go after Shad left a couple of years back. I dunno why he's still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I have heard it said about Vince McMahon that he can be very kind, but be very twisted in his approach. If he was fired, he wouldn't be as easy to humiliate publicly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

glenjamin wrote: »
    If the whole JTG thing was not a work then we are they even bothering keeping him happy/jobbing him out? Would they not just release him and be done with it? Everyone thought it be a matter of time before he'd be let go after Shad left a couple of years back. I dunno why he's still there.

Oh i'm sure Vince will release him in time. But not until he crushes JTG's spirit first.

Vince McMahon: First I will humiliate you.... Then YOU'RRRRRRRREEEEE FIREEEEEEEEEEEED.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sounds like it's time for the return of the "Kiss my ass" club!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Matt Morgan's latest teaser from twitter

faf2ac997c4e5569a56a4ea3af948838_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Hmm I wonder what he's getting at there?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Would love it if he was internet trolling Chris Jericho style!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hmmmmm wonder does he realise that the R is backwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Hmmmmm wonder does he realise that the R is backwards?

It says RAW if you look at it in the mirror OMG.:pac:

He was always one of those talents that Vince would inevitably want back at some stage or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He's been away from WWE for all this time to get help controlling his stutter after Bubba Ray passed it on to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Backwards R? Maybe he's doing a Russian gimmick :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Has he not already shot himself in the foot by revealing that on Twitter? Now he'll probably be fed to Ryback on his re-debut. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

He'll probably be behind Aces & Eights or something, and this is TNA trying to swerve fans...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I had to laugh at this, maybe it's aimed at the FCW/NXT Live roster :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Major, exciting news!
    Khloe Kardashian Odom joins the WWE Universe as Social Media Ambassador for this Monday's Raw! She'll be tweeting along with the WWE Universe during the first Raw after SummerSlam.

The television personality, fashion designer, businesswoman and radio host has more than 7 million Twitter followers! Her hit television series, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," airs Sunday nights at 9 p.m. ET/PT on E! The season finale is Aug. 26.

tumbleweed_gif-221-1.gif

I like how they highlight the fact that she has 7 million Twitter followers as some sort of achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Like that Paully lad who was the twitter guy on Raw this past Monday,why do WWE bother with this crap?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

J. Marston wrote: »
    I like how they highlight the fact that she has 7 million Twitter followers as some sort of achievement.
    If your only real claim to fame is that your sister got naked on some poor sex tapes several years ago; yea, that's an achievement...

So the Kardashians i'd rate them Kim>Kourtney>Kris>Khloe.
    Yeah Khloe even your mum is hotter than you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The only one I know is Kim. And even then I only know her name and what she looks like. Havent a clue about the rest of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

They all kinda look the same I think,dark hair,tanned and vacuous grin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Matt Morgan - I was a big fan of him around 2010. Ever since his great short stint wrestling Angle, he's been doing nothing and having bad matches. We can throw out his matches with Hernandez, but he's actually seemingly gotten worse this past year. Whatcha reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Like that Paully lad who was the twitter guy on Raw this past Monday,why do WWE bother with this crap?

She will obviously try and use her pull to get her followers to make the switch and watch while she's watching.
    I think its a good move, she along with that div pauly d would have a lot of obsessed followers who would jump off a bridge for them. A better move than sticking them in the show and taking away from actual wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Matt Morgan - I was a big fan of him around 2010. Ever since his great short stint wrestling Angle, he's been doing nothing and having bad matches. We can throw out his matches with Hernandez, but he's actually seemingly gotten worse this past year. Whatcha reckon?

I used to think he was a pretty good big guy, but lately I just don't want to see him wrestle. And notice TNA really got much better literally starting the show after he left. That said, I have no doubt at all he's returning to TNA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I never saw anything in Morgan and think he's blandness personified. I don't even know why he was used in the Direct Auto Insurance commercial, it's not like they were stuck for names or anything.

WWE already have enough bland big guys so they don't need another one imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement