Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

When Morgan held the tag titles by himself he was really good. He is a natural heel and is pretty good at it too, but for some reason TNA kept turning him face, which he is awful at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Matt Morgan - I was a big fan of him around 2010. Ever since his great short stint wrestling Angle, he's been doing nothing and having bad matches. We can throw out his matches with Hernandez, but he's actually seemingly gotten worse this past year. Whatcha reckon?

I found it funny how he always acted like he was the top star having never won a singles title.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

exclusive report via WZROnline.com,.

Wow that Website has a big opinion of itself.

Did Randy not say he paid for own tour bus anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

If Matt Morgan comes back then all they need is Nathan Jones and they'll have Brock Lesnar's old Survivor Series 2003 Team on the WWE roster.

Brock Lesnar, Big Show, Lord Tensai, Matt Morgan and Nathan Jones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Nice Prince Devitt interview. We won't be seeing him follow PAC anytime soon it seems:

http://sportsvibe.co.uk/blog/us-sports/fergal-devitt-on-life-in-new-japan-pro-wrestling-19169/
    "Prince" Fergal Devitt, one of the top rising stars in pro wrestling, says he is content currently wrestling for New Japan Pro Wrestling, but he could be interested in wrestling in the U.S., specifically for WWE, down the line. "You can never say never, but at the moment I am very happy where I am in NJPW. Obviously someday in the future I will want a new challenge, but for the time being I'm with NJPW and that's where I'm going to be for a while," Devitt told Sports Vibe in the U.K. in a recent interview.

Don't blame Fergal always thought WWE was a weird fit given what I know about his personality and the work/life balance he wants. But on top of that New Japan has been on FIRE recently and the booking has been dynamic even by their standards. As well as all the new talent they signed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Interesting blog update by J.R.:

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/jr-summerslamnxtlesnarhereford-bullhard-knocksou-soonersmichelledbeadlejrs-productsmust-have

Among other things he suggests the Title match will close Summerslam.

But the highlight was this:
    Twitter is a funny animal. @JRsBBQ now has over 500,000 followers of which I appreciate and invite others to follow as well. However, some keyboard warriors just love to be argumentative and defiant. I compared Brock Lesnar to a Hereford bull we once owned on our Oklahoma farm when I was a kid that we had to sell because it was a 'rogue' animal that was dangerous. The nearly one ton beast could not be trusted and had a mean streak. After posting this Tweet, I get schooled by bovine experts that Hereford's aren't aggressive animals. Lots of Jack Hanna's of the Columbus Zoo out there apparently. I know what I saw and what I saw was a dangerous beast that seemingly had no remorse and did not like to be around humans.

Sounds like Brock Lesnar to me.

Seriously, why do people try so hard to share off their knowledge on the internet? He called Lesnar a Hereford Bull as a casual metaphor and so many people went out of their way to correct him because they are just that intelligent.

William Regal on Twitter:

You'll know soon enough.A new villain will come to town.RT @EastonBCW: who in the blue blazes is #Dean Ambrose?

Hopefully that means a debut is in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'd Love to hear Vince screaming
    "IT WAS ME SCOOBY"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

'rogue' animal that was dangerous. The nearly one ton beast could not be trusted and had a mean streak. After posting this Tweet, I get schooled by bovine experts that Hereford's aren't aggressive animals. Lots of Jack Hanna's of the Columbus Zoo out there apparently. I know what I saw and what I saw was a dangerous beast that seemingly had no remorse and did not like to be around humans.

In fairness you can get rogue animals anywhere. So JR's comparison isn't wrong, even if it is a metaphor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Riddle101 wrote: »
    In fairness you can get rogue animals anywhere. So JR's comparison isn't wrong, even if it is a metaphor.

Exactly, I agree. No problem with JR at all, it's all the people who decided to make fun of him to show off what they know. Some people take this stuff too seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Exactly, I agree. No problem with JR at all, it's all the people who decided to make fun of him to show off what they know. Some people take this stuff too seriously.

I demand statistical proof to back up your claim:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

When people have a preference for a certain type of animal they tend to become a little biased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

When people have a preference for a certain type of animal they tend to become a little biased.

Ha! You're right......CAT people amiright?!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Who knew another worthless JR blog would be so controversial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Paul Heyman on his future with the WWE.
    Paul Heyman posted the following on Twitter on Thursday, setting the record straight on his status with WWE, Brock Lesnar's contract situation, rumors of him working with WWE Champion CM Punk & more:

"It is amazing how many rumors are flying around. I don't like to address rumors. It lends credibility to them, and the moment you answer ONE rumor,you immediately call attention to the other rumors (no matter how ridiculous they are) by NOT responding!

We're going to clear up some issues. Set the record straight. Get some people "on point," and stir some things up!

Brock's theory of "let them speculate" seems to be a damn smart one, and I certainly see the merits of that position.

HOWEVER (aha! There is a "but" involved here)… Just to address two items that so many people seem to be giving credence to.

@CMPunk and I have NOT pitched the idea of being aligned to anyone. If we did, you wouldn't know about it. Did anyone know I was coming back on May 7th as Brock's representative? NO ONE KNEW! So if @CMPunk and I have ... or had .. or will have a plan ... I assure you, it would have / will play out in front of your very eyes. @CMPunk doesn't need an advocate. Nor a spokesman. Nor a representative. That's not his character. Brock's character totally different.

The other rumor to address ... Whether @WWE is interested in extending my deal, Brock's deal, etc. Not one single person has hit the nail on Brock's deal with @WWE ... and that's the way Brock likes it! … and since NO ONE knows what my deal is, it would be impossible for anyone to state with certainty what my situation IS ... or ISN'T! And, just for the record, I'm not discussing it.

Here's my reasoning for it ... When I left @WWE in 2006, I thought I was done. Gone. Never to return. I loved working with Brock on his book. Building #Looking4Larry with @MStuart777 has been a total blast! The @HeymanHustle website and digital program has been the cornerstone of our agency, and we love doing it.

This whole deal has been a surprise. A surprise for you. A surprise for my kids. A surprise for the WWE Universe. A surprise for ME, too. Enjoy the ride. Watch it unfold. See what happens. For the first time in forever, we have people GUESSING what comes next. If for no other reason but THAT, there's nothing 2 discuss. You know there's a heavily-promoted match this Sunday at @WWE #SummerSlam.

You've seen @ShawnMichaels, Stephanie McMahon, all our CHILDREN be a part of this main event. Now it comes down to Brock Lesnar vs HHH. If we've sold you on buying the ppv, I bet you get your money's worth on this match alone. If we haven't sold you on the ppv yet, then thank you for your time, and I hope something else has captured your attention or imagination.

Brock and I are "all-in" for this Sunday. And just based on what his future holds, HHH is "all-in," too. This is a match everyone wants you to remember.

So ... I'm not addressing any more rumors. I'm not confirming. I'm not denying. I'm focused on this Sunday ... ... and I'm looking forward to watching Brock and HHH live up to, and indeed EXCEED everyone's expectations.

Is this hype? Yes. But it's Hype routed in TRUTH. Is this a rant? A diatribe? A long-winded TwitSpeech? Absolutely! Hope you liked it."

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Sounds like Heyman trying to sell the PPV to the smarks there.

bigred100 wrote: »
    Sounds like Heyman trying to sell the PPV to the smarks there.

Yep. You should never, ever take something Paul says at face value. There is always a game/agenda. It is how he is wired.

bigred100 wrote: »
    Sounds like Heyman trying to sell SummerSlam to people.
    Well somebody had to....sorry had to edit your post to get my point across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hard to read without reading it in Heyman's voice in my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Pretty desperate attempt to sell the show. Unless WWE.com pick it up, nobody except hardcore fans (who've already made up their minds) will have even heard of it. He must know interest (to the tune of $50) in the match is not high.

It would be stupid for Punk and Lesnar to form a group and share their spotlight...hmmm.....right up WWE's alley actually.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Pretty desperate attempt to sell the show. Unless WWE.com pick it up, nobody except hardcore fans (who've already made up their minds to maybe stream it) will have even heard of it. He must know interest (to the tune of $50) in the match is not high.

It would be stupid for Punk and Lesnar to form a group and share their spotlight...hmmm.....right up WWE's alley actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Ha! You're right......CAT people amiright?!

:pac:
    No. I would consider that wrong. In fact, I am putting on my robe like Sandow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Some cool stories on here:

http://deadspin.com/virgilbag/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Some cool stories on here:

http://deadspin.com/virgilbag/

I never thought i could possibly love Scott Steiner anymore:pac:

The Super Luchas website is reporting that WWE has signed former TNA wrestler Alex Shelley (a/k/a Patrick Martin). You can read their report at Superluchas.net.
    Source ProWrestling.net
    Well it certainly was speculated enough a few months ago wonder where he fits in for them.

Super Luchas is very inconsistent as a source

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Especially considering Shelley is due to start with New Japan soon.

Meltzer:
    He has not been signed by WWE. I think where there's smoke there's fire, but when I asked, it was "No" and not no with qualifications.

Cant see them signing any former TNA guys until that court case is settled.

• Advertisement

On Sunday August 26th at 11pm, right after IMPACT WRESTLING, Challenge TV over in the UK will be debuting a brand new wrestling talk show - WrestleTalk TV. Chris Jericho will be featured as the very first guest. WrestleTalk TV was created by Alex Shane and his crew last year. Originally the show was for YouTube and in the past has featured guests such as Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness, Colt Cabana, etc. Several weeks ago it was announced that the show has been picked up by Challenge TV. WrestleTalkTV is expected to air twice a month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement