Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Superstar of the Year (#WWESuperstar2012): Punk

Breakout Star of the Year (#WWEBreakout): Ryback

Trending Now (#WWETrendOfYear): Don't give a fcuk

Comeback of the Year (#WWEComeback): Vader! :D Lesnar would be my guess

Kiss of the Year (#WWEKiss): Something with AJ no doubt

"Tell me I did NOT just see that" (#WWEMostShocking): Lesnar's return should win, but can see it being Punk's turn instead

LOL Moment of the Year (#WWELOL): No clue, maybe the early anger management skits? Actually, Sandow interrupting DX was better

Match of the Year (#WWEMatchOfYear): A few options here but I'd give it to Triple H vs Undertaker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Superstar of the Year (#WWESuperstar2012): CM Punk

Breakout Star of the Year (#WWEBreakout): Daniel Bryan Danielson

Trending Now (#WWETrendOfYear): #HEEL :pac:

Comeback of the Year (#WWEComeback): Lesnar

Kiss of the Year (#WWEKiss): AJ and Layla....Oh wait :p

"Tell me I did NOT just see that" (#WWEMostShocking): 18 GODDAMN SECONDS! (I probably didn't see that as I blinked)

LOL Moment of the Year (#WWELOL): Daniel Bryan and Kane VS Dr Shelby

Match of the Year (#WWEMatchOfYear): HHH Vs 'Taker OR CM Punk Vs Daniel Bryan (Over the limit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

No votes for Lawler and the pizza yet, come on now. The Pizza gets breakthrough star award imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Match of the year is Sin Cara v El Local because we only saw it once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

hashtag award has to be #goatface. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Match of the year is undoubtedly HHH v Taker, but Bryan v Punk at OTL is a very deserving 2nd.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

We can confirm that former WWE and TNA star and DX member Billy Gunn has signed with WWE to return as a full-time trainer for their NXT developmental territory. The two sides started talking back at WrestleMania 28 and he was signed on part-time with NXT in July. As of this writing, he will NOT be appearing on television. He has also taken steps to clean up his life and appears to be sober these days.

His real-life best friend, Brian “Road Dogg” James, is currently an agent with WWE.

We can now confirm that Kevin Nash is being discussed as a potential inductee for the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame. Nash is a former WWE & WCW Champion, former WCW Tag Team Champion, one of the original members of the nWo and also happens to be very close friends with WWE executive Triple H.

There have been many rumored names for the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame class, including The Rock, Bruno Sammartino, Mick Foley, Paul Heyman, Owen Hart, The Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth. Celebrity inductees rumored include Cyndi Lauper and Mr. T, who were both involved with the first WrestleMania at Madison Square Garden, the site of next year’s ceremony.

At this time, the word is that Randy Savage is off of the list since his brother Lanny Poffo made it clear in discussions with WWE that the Poffo family would have to be inducted all together because “that was Randy’s wish.” Poffo also discussed this in a recent shoot interview and WWE reportedly stated that, “we don’t negotiate things like that.” The feeling from WWE is that their audience wants “the WWE Macho Man Randy Savage” inducted into the Hall of Fame, not “Randy, Lanny, and Angelo Poffo as a family unit.”

A source stated that WWE writers were told that, “we’re passing on Lanny’s claim, and so Randy will have to remain out for now.”

Both Sammartino and Warrior have turned down several offers in the past, but there is still hope that a deal can be made with one of them as we’ve been reporting.

Mick Foley and The Rock have also apparently been taken off the table for consideration.

We’ll keep you posted as we hear more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Didn't Kevin Nash say last year that he didn't want to be in the WWE Hall of Fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

We can confirm...We’ll keep you posted as we hear more.

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Didn't Kevin Nash say last year that he didn't want to be in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Kevin Nash says a lot of things based on what he thinks is cool at the time. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he said I hate WWE then tomorrow gets a call to go into the HOF and says yes. Its not unlike Nash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Kevin Nash says a lot of things based on what he thinks is cool at the time. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he said I hate WWE then tomorrow gets a call to go into the HOF and says yes. Its not unlike Nash.

Deep down I bet he'd love it, the adulation and respect etc. He tries to be non plussed about it because he has to keep up his cool cat personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Why Hasn't Owen been put in it in previous years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Isnt Miss Elizabeth already in the WWE HOF?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

airmax87 wrote: »
    Why Hasn't Owen been put in it in previous years?

Owen's wife is blocking it. She wants nothing to do with WWE since she blames them for his death, and they can't do anything without her consent.

As we reported in the PWInsider.com Elite section, we have confirmed that Randy Orton suffered a shoulder dislocation during the Tribute to the Troops taping last week.

We had initially heard and reported a wrist injury, but confirmed yesterday it was actually a shoulder dislocation.

WWE wrote the dislocation into their storylines with last night's Smackdown broadcast.

How the hell do you mix up a wrist injury with a dislocated shoulder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Ric Flair has not been signed by the company and his appearance on Raw last night was described as a "guest shot" according to WWE officials.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PS 50's the top 5:
    1 Tanahashi
    2 Aries
    3 Punk
    4 Okada
    5 Devitt

Somewhat shocked at number 5 initially. He was strategically cycled down the card by New Japan, given extensive time off and uncharacteristically didn't have any MOTYCs. But kayfabe wise he did win titles all over the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

PS loves Devitt though, glad to see A Double at no.2 has had a real good year in ring wise crowned off with getting the nod for from me in the PW awards 2012 for Best Wrestla!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I gave that an oul retweet. I think that's a really nice video, and it's great to see the little guy have his wish granted. I remember that being talked about a couple of weeks ago on here.

• Advertisement

Johnson has been added to the 1/7 Raw taping im Tampa, FL and the 1/8 Smackdown taping in his hometown of Miami, Florida.

A-lWq-3CcAApZ_g.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Very good interview with Show, don't think it has been posted.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Posted over a week ago in the video thread

State of Wrestling 2012:

WWE has revealed the total votes for the Slammy Awards, which you can see below. The company said that the total Slammy votes cast totalled over 583,000:

* Kiss of the Year = 95,581
    * Superstar of the Year = 93,805
    * LOL Moment of the Year = 81,131
    * Trending Now Award = 74,386
    * Match of the Year = 70,568

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So people don't care about MOTY as much as Kiss of the Year.

George Hackenschmidt will be turning in his grave!!!

He is not a name that everyone is familiar with probably. But wssentially he is in Japan equivalent to Hulk Hogan in his Wrestling career and possibly a more eccentric Vince McMahon in his promotional career - he is the ex-boss of New Japan.

Well:
    Super Luchas reported today that Antonio Inoki has converted to Islam and has changed his name to Mohammad Hussein.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/473591/furthering-diplomatic-ties-japanese-wrestler-inoki-arrives-in-pakistan/

Which is fair enough in isolation. But he has an epic history:
    The owner of the largest ego in wrestling history, Inoki is every bit as crazy as that description would lead you to believe. Inoki is best known to young Japanese as the crazy old guy who slaps his fans, including women, in the face with the expectation that they will thank him for the honor. Like his teacher, Rikidozan, Inoki is widely accused of being a front for the Japanese mob - despite being a mainstream politician and ex-senator. Accused by coworkers of embezzling money from his promotion in the 1980's to invest in outlandish quack technology, Inoki loudly boasts that he is a revolutionary inventor who will subvert the Laws of Physics by building the world's first perpetual motion machine. He owns James-Bond-villain-style private islands in the South Pacific and Cuba; the Cuban island he bought supposedly due to Castro's promise that it contained buried pirate treasure. Brags of friendships with North Korean dictator King-Jong Il and Saddam Hussein.

I'm still calling him Inoki.

Guy could have his own reality TV show and it would no doubt be brilliant. He even looks like a mobster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Steve Blackman, Just added to the alumini on WWE.com.. just in time for the rumble perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

airmax87 wrote: »
    Steve Blackman, Just added to the alumini on WWE.com.. just in time for the rumble perhaps?

He was a great mid carder!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement