Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Hope the gimmick doesn't attract too much negative attention and ends up being shelved like auld Mo Hassan was,mainly because it's great having Dutch Mantell back on TV!

Someone made the point and I am blanking on who. But Dutch is the one saying the inflammatory stuff not Swagger. So if they fire Dutch Jack will be grand and will still have the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cool
    Future WWE Hall of Famer Bruno Sammartino will be appearing at not just the Hall of Fame ceremony on Saturday 4/6, but also the WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view and WWE RAW the following night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dont they allways "honor" the HOF class by bringing them too the top of the ramp at WM and Raw?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah. I think Bret skipped out on it when he was inducted though. That said, saying he's on Raw the next night is interesting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

They don't usually have them on the Raw after WM so should be interesting what there gona do with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Has to be some sort of mini thank-you celebration either at the end of the show or for the audience after the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

Charisteas wrote: »
    The marketing guys shouldn't have too much trouble designing a t-shirt.

DONT_TREAD_ON_ME_mini-sticker.jpg
    Presume there'd be plenty of shirts with the flag on it already...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag

Yeah, that flag is used by the Tea Party (gun-wielding/bible thumpers) in the United States. Swagger is obviously the "Amurica, F*ck Yeah!" character and thus using the GF flag was a no-brainer. WWE will have to come up with something else on his t-shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

This is just weird - Billy Corgan from the Smashing pumpkins in a firniture ad - also advertising his Wrestling Company!

Zeb Hogan drops the leg on that Canadian immigrant:
    Hulk Hogan: Two-faced Bret Hart was a cheap WWF champion

Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart are no strangers to confrontation, with both having made remarks about one another over the years. From Bret's point of view, Hogan was not willing to do business and drop the WWF Title to him at Summerslam 1993 - returning the promised favour after Bret had a hand in "The Hulkster" winning the championship at WrestleMania IX. Hogan, however, disputes these claims, stating that this was purely a call on the part of Vince McMahon, who wasn't willing to show the same faith in Hart that he had Hogan as a headliner.

Regardless of opinion, it's undeniable that the WWF's business continued to plummet once Hogan left the company after a European tour in June 1993, as the group thereafter suffered some of the worst financial years in its history. Indeed, in McMahon's own words, the company was "in financial peril" in 1997, and only turned around when Steve Austin hit his stride as a main-event player, leading to the peak of business in 2000-2001.

In any case, more fuel has now been added to the fire of Hogan's disagreements with Hart, with the current TNA figurehead's latest interview in Issue 90 of Fighting Spirit Magazine. In the most open discussion of his 35-year career, Hogan fired a brutal shot at "The Hitman", claiming that Hart drove down the salaries of future WWF/WWE champions by agreeing to work for less than everyone else.

“The main-event guy made the most money when he had the belt," Hogan explained. "When I was the (WWF) champion, I made the most money. It was an old rule that Vince (McMahon) Sr. had that, thank god, was passed on for quite a while. That changed when Bret Hart became champion; he'd work for a lot less than anybody else, so it changed everybody's pay."

Later in the interview, Hogan also implied that he felt that Hart was two-faced, stating: “The last time I saw (Bret), he was flying around in my Learjet with me, and playing with my kids in the pool. Then, all of a sudden, we're not cool."

The full interview with Hulk Hogan is in Issue 90 of FSM, available on Thursday, February 21 from WH Smiths and Easons in the UK and Ireland, and for iPhone/iPad and Android via http://www.FightingSpiritMagazine.co.uk. 40% discounts are also available on some subscriptions, also via our website.

http://www.fightingspiritmagazine.co.uk/art/news/176/hulk-hogan-bret-hart-was-a-cheap-wwf-champion

Not sure what to make of that claim. WWF didn't have a pot to piss in when the put the belt on Bret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Interesting stuff but I can't really believe anything Hogan says these days,I think he finds it hard himself to differentiate between lies,truth and kayfabe in his own mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Oh F*ck off Hulk!!

At a time when the WWE was in "financial peril" the guy at the top of the card agreed to work for less money......the bastard!!

He really is such an unbelievable c*nt!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Bret is two faced but Hogan is hardly the man who should say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    They should have used Metallica's Don't Tread On Me as an entrance tune, rather than the Paul Birchill as a pirate music they are using now.

I love that song and would actually be a cool entrance song for him but I don't think Vince would want to pay the royalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I said in another thread I love swaggers new music but think it should have a "We The People" vocal at the start of the entrance music

According Mike Johnson from PWI. Punk wrestled Rock last Sunday with pneumonia.

Christian was cleared to return last week, but it still waiting on creative to come up with something for him.

WWE is paying their Hall of Famers $5,000 and their inductors $2,500. That seems really cheap, now I know most do not need the money, but some of the more obscure ones might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Xenji wrote: »
    Christian was cleared to return last week, but it still waiting on creative to come up with something for him.

I don't think he'll return until after Wrestlmania tbh. Unless they have him wrestle Antonio Cesaro for the United States Championship. BUt the US title doesn't get defended at Wrestlmania, unless it's in a dark match so I don't know what else he can do.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I don't think he'll return until after Wrestlmania tbh. Unless they have him wrestle Antonio Cesaro for the United States Championship. BUt the US title doesn't get defended at Wrestlmania, unless it's in a dark match so I don't know what else he can do.

I could see him returning at WM as a surprise entrant in a 6 man ladder match for either the US or Intercontinental Championship and win.

I could see him returning at WM as a surprise entrant in a 6 man ladder match for either the US or Intercontinental Championship and win.

Is there going to be a 6 man ladder match?

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Is there going to be a 6 man ladder match?

Nope, but it would be a good way to get the mid card wrestlers on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Nope, but it would be a good way to get the mid card wrestlers on the show.

So a MITB imitation?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    So a MITB imitation?

MITB has its own PPV, leave those matches for it and go back to the old fashioned hanging a title over the ladder, the MITB match is a imitation of every other variation of a ladder match that involves one person taking something from the top of a ladder.

I don't think they will have a ladder or weapons match on the undercard. That stuff will likely be needed in one of the main event matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Rock's run is set to continue into May, with a booking at Extreme Rules 2013.
    WWE Champion The Rock is advertised for the Extreme Rules pay-per-view. The event takes place on May 19 in St. Louis, Mo. at Scottrade Center. [Thanks to Dot Net readers Brian Werner and Austin G]

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10029943.shtml

Rematch for the title? or maybe a triple threat?

A barb wired, C4, electric eel deathmatch, oh wait it will just probably be no DQ

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Very good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

A barb wired, C4, electric eel deathmatch, oh wait it will just probably be no DQ

Add Kimberly Page in a cage over a shark tank and then i'll order it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

GTR63 wrote: »
    Bret is two faced but Hogan is hardly the man who should say it.

I've never got Bret's bitterness towards Hogan. He was long gone by the time Summerslam 93 came around so Bret saying he refused to drop the belt then is rediculous. He was off to WCW anyway. Perhaps Vince changed his mind about Hogan losing to Bret in order to convince Hogan to stay; but either way Hogan was leaving. Can't believe Bret still cares so much about not being selected to win a fake title almost 20 years go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement