Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've can't believe Bret still cares so much about not being selected to win a fake title almost 20 years go.
    To call it a fake title is a bit harsh. I know factually you are correct, given the pre determined nature of wrestling, but I'm sure none of the superstars past or present see it like that. To be given the belt is more like an acknowledgement of all the hard work put in, and shows a trust that the guy wearing the Strap is good enough to carry the company on his shoulders, to be the face of that company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Whenever I think of Hogan in that era I always think of my sister in law watching a dvd with my brothers thinking Hogan had been seriously ill due to all the muscle mass he had lost since his Hulkamania days. It was just so funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

If there weren't enough reasons to dislike The Miz, he's now engaged to Maryse, the jammy ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Pentecost wrote: »
    If there weren't enough reasons to dislike The Miz, he's now engaged to Maryse, the jammy ****

Really?Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Really?Source?

Twitter
    big congratulations to WWE Superstar The Miz and former WWE Diva Maryse Ouellet, as the two got engaged last night. Maryse tweeted on Friday morning:

feb 21, 2013 is a date i will always remember, what beautiful day and night @mikethemiz im the happiest girl in the world!!

Sooooooooooo happy!!!!!!! #engaged ❤❤❤❤❤

love my baaabbyyyyyy @mikethemiz

If i said what i wanted too say right now the swear words would get me a lifetime ban from boards

what a lucky SOB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Yay Santino is coming back :rolleyes:
    "Neck procedure went well today in Pittsburg, shouldn't be too long now before I'm back in action, I'm hoping!"

"I'm aiming for March 1st to be cleared for Battle!"

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

BohsJohnny wrote: »

Is that in a subway or something? Man, that is sad.

• Advertisement

I would not even recognize the man if I saw him, which is bad as I remember his WWF/WCW stuff, which was all terrible anyway.

Did Virgil have a habit?or did he burn all his bridges in WWE or what?surely theres be room for him backstage at NXT or something along those lines?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Someone actually has a blog about Virgil doing this kinda stuff http://lonelyvirgil.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

DDP should take him in and give him a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Does Virgil have mental health issues? Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

That photo of Virgil is beyond depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

The guy's just trying to make a few quid, don't understand why some websites are out to get him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I do feel really sorry for him.

Again I ask Whys he so bad off?drink ?drigs?is he blacklisted from wwe?surely after all his time in wwf/wcw he would have knowledge too pass along ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Went back and forth posting this and thought about posting it here or in the Wrestlemania thread or even in another thread.

Don't hate me lads for posting this please, alright, deal?

taker.jpg

The Undertaker returned to action Saturday in Waco, TX, at a WWE house show, teaming with Sheamus to face Damien Sandow and Wade Barrett.

For the past few months, we've been speculating whether 'Taker would take this year's Wrestlemania off due to accumulated injury, but this would lead one to believe he'll be making an appearance in New York City for the biggest WWE ppv of the year.

More on this appearance during the late night Wrestling Observer Radio with Dave & Bryan.

BD1uqx0CUAA9raP.jpg

Update: WWE plugged the appearance on Twitter after the event:
    http://www.tout.com/m/6j4q43

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Taker/Punk then so.

Punk too take the streak ha ha

I dunno will i be interested as theres no way he loses the streak at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Imagine being in the crowd at that live event then Taker appears and wrestles. I'd say he got a monster pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

Denny M wrote: »
    Someone actually has a blog about Virgil doing this kinda stuff http://lonelyvirgil.tumblr.com/

Thats made me really sad :( poor b*stard i hope hes at axxess il definatly go and see him :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I imagine that a few people decided - nah I'm not bothered with that House Show, its only Smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

takers back baby to reclaim his yard :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Warm up match for Taker? probably working off a years ring rust or just seeing what he's got in the gas tank before deciding about Mania I guess?

Wow, Taker doing Old School. Feels like so long since I've seen that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

mikey13 wrote: »
    Thats made me really sad :( poor b*stard i hope hes at axxess il definatly go and see him :)

In fairness alot of those photos could be out of context, he could have been snapped at the single time of the day he wasn't talking to someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Taker looks pretty spent. He was, no doubt ,great last year but I hope this year is his swan song.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement