Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

He looks deadly to me - can't wait to see him back although I wish WWE wouldn't spoil so much these days - would much rather have been surprised tomorrow night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

krudler wrote: »
    Warm up match for Taker? probably working off a years ring rust or just seeing what he's got in the gas tank before deciding about Mania I guess?

Might be that he wanted to do one last match in his hometown too.

Also:
    Randy Orton, Ricardo Rodriguez and Wade Barrett were all at last night's WWE house show in Waco, TX and got to see the return of The Undertaker.

Orton wrote: "Got to watch Undertaker perform in Waco tonight at the #Smackdown live event. Very motivating to watch him do his thing. #Legend Killer"

That is interesting, teasing a possible match between the two.

Rodriguez wrote: "Can't describe the feeling we all got here tonight in Waco, Texas after having The Undertaker compete. I legit got goosebumps!"

Barrett wrote: "Hell of a night at #WWEWaco. Expect the unexpected... #WWECollegeStation tomorrow."

Thanks to Ken K. for sending that along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Undertaker looks a bit like Kane now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Jayob10 wrote: »
    In fairness alot of those photos could be out of context, he could have been snapped at the single time of the day he wasn't talking to someone

I think he was referring to the fact it's sad that that Virgil is resorting to selling photos of himself after spending 14 years in WWF and WCW. No idea what kind of a salary he would have been earning but perhaps he didn't deposit into his savings account as much as he should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I still hope the Shield take him out and he doesn't wrestle. Streak in tact, unreal heat for Shield. That's a great compromise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

rovert wrote: »
    Orton wrote: "Got to watch Undertaker perform in Waco tonight at the #Smackdown live event. Very motivating to watch him do his thing. #Legend Killer"

That is interesting, teasing a possible match between the two.

No, just no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I still hope the Shield take him out and he doesn't wrestle. Streak in tact, unreal heat for Shield. That's a great compromise.

Massive waste too.

Bring back one of the few big draws only to take him out and not let him get revenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Charisteas wrote: »
    No, just no.

Personally I'd much prefer an Orton/'Taker match than the proposed Punk match.

Charisteas wrote: »
    No, just no.

Imagine if we get another rematch (of a high profile match) between Orton-Undertaker and Punk is left out in the cold for Wrestlemania! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its kinda ridiculous that Punk doesn't have anything to do for Mania right now, that could change tomorrow night but Mania is looking a bit all over the place, I miss when Mania feuds would be set up at the Rumble, not 3 weeks previous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

krudler wrote: »
    Its kinda ridiculous that Punk doesn't have anything to do for Mania right now, that could change tomorrow night but Mania is looking a bit all over the place, I miss when Mania feuds would be set up at the Rumble, not 3 weeks previous

There's still 6 weeks to 'Mania, plenty of time to creating something substantial and not exhaust the audience in the process.

Even with Cena/Rock, with the year-out announcement, was only placed on the periphery around Rumble time, and didn't become the focus of programming 'til 5 week prior to 'Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Punk going in strong with his 500 day reign or whatever and the shield as back up and even maddox as the ref/run in ref would have created a credible threat to the streak, but now im not really looking forward to it! too bad as mania was made by the threat to the streak of HBK/HHH for me the last few years.
    no interest in Rock/Cena really.

Seems like the man himself is as tired of Team Hell No shenanigans as most seem to be:
    Daniel Bryan Tired Of His Comedy Character & Talks NXT Choking Incident, HBK

Eurosport Turkey interviewed Daniel Bryan over the weekend. Here are some (translated) highlights of what Bryan said about:

Being trained by Shawn Michaels and William Regal:

“Being trained by Shawn Michaels and William Regal was a great opportunity. Not everyone gets this opportunity. Imagine what someone like Kaval would be if he was trained by HBK& Regal”

Comparing WWE to the Indys:

“I miss the intimacy of the fans in independent scene. They have their pluses and minuses but I can say I miss the fans there.”

Disliking WWE's Original NXT TV Concept:

“NXT was disrespectful to wrestling in general. The entire show. When Undertaker debuted, he didn’t have to climb ladders or carry kegs. I trained to be a wrestler for a long time, so let me go out and wrestle. If you have me go out and do these stupid contests, you make me look stupid and it’s very difficult to make stars when you already made them look stupid on television”

His “The Future is Bright for Bryan Danielson” Promo on NXT:

“One of the things people don’t know about NXT is that we were never told what to say, and we never knew the questions people were asking us. When the interviewer asked me “You were a big fish in a small pond and now you seemingly drowned in the sea that is the WWE”, my response was “No, this character that you created for me, he’s failed, because you created him to fail. But me, as a person, I’m better than this. I can go out and do, I can do what I’m doing right now, which is capturing the imagination of the crowd.”

The Choking Justin Roberts Incident:

“I did what I felt was natural, but I am not used to wrestle in a confined environment. WWE has to be very carful about being PG. I wasn’t used to that at the time. I was an independent wrestler, Sometimes I would do things because it just felt right, and when it felt right, it wasn’t right for the company.”

Being a World Heavyweight Champion:

“Being a world champion is cool, but you don’t just wanna be the champion, you want to be the man, you wanna be the guy they rely on for everything. Even though I was the world champion, I never was the man. John Cena, even though he isn’t the champion, he’s the man, and that’s what you aspire to be. At the and of the day, you wanna be the man”

Wanting To Do More Serious Work In WWE:

“I was able to do lots of comedy stuff on Pro Wrestling Guerilla and shows like that, it’s been fun to do that to a wider audience. But now, I’m starting to feel like aching for the more serious stuff, being able to go out there and just wrestle. “

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

First time I've heard Bryan be even slightly negative in an interview,he must be well bored of the Yes/No/goatface schtick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Do him and Low Ki not have the best of relationships seems like a weird name to just throw into a interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

He's had the ''Yes!'' gimmick for around a year now, hasn't he? I imagine going out and shouting that nearly every night at house shows and on TV must get very old very quick.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Paul1990 wrote: »
    He's had the ''Yes!'' gimmick for around a year now, hasn't he? I imagine going out and shouting that nearly every night at house shows and on TV must get very old very quick.

It's "No" now. He stopped chanting "Yes" after it caught on. He now shouts "No" to each of the "Yes" the crowd shouts.

Even if he goes back to a serious gimmick I can see those chants following him around for a while ala Stone Cold's "What".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

In the top line, it mentions that it's a translated transcript from, I assume, the Turkish dub of the original interview. The seeming harshness of the tone may be a result of a slightly dodgy translation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I think hell keep the yes and no's for a long time yet.they were his ideas first time around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bryan would be great in the benoit role ....Minus the murdering obviously

• Advertisement

Doesn't have the required physical menace that Benoit had imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah but he could develop the menace in another way, kinda like Brian Pillman or Jake Roberts.

Nah,Benoit/Pillman/Roberts never played a goofy comedy character like Bryan's.If they had Bryan do the serious Benoit menacing sort of gimmick when he first debuted maybe it could have worked,can't see anyone buying it now though.

When they turn him heel again I'd say it will be the same type of heel as his World Title run.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Would love to see Brock dominate and then have Bryan be the one who goes after him and takes him down. Won't happen but I can dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Nah,Benoit/Pillman/Roberts never played a goofy comedy character like Bryan's.If they had Bryan do the serious Benoit menacing sort of gimmick when he first debuted maybe it could have worked,can't see anyone buying it now though.

When they turn him heel again I'd say it will be the same type of heel as his World Title run.
    His heel run this time last year was perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Yeah but he could develop the menace in another way, kinda like Brian Pillman or Jake Roberts.
    He could just literally kick the hell out of people. Have him go nuts with the kicks and injuring opponents with them and submissions and people will quickly forget about the comedy crap he has been lumped with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

There's a reason fans used to chat "You're gonna get your fúcking head kicked it!" during his matches :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He could just literally kick the hell out of people. Have him go nuts with the kicks and injuring opponents with them and submissions and people will quickly forget about the comedy crap he has been lumped with.
    Didn't Eric Bischoff (I think) want to do that gimmick if Bryan signed for tna, have him injure people with his subs and have them tap out instantly for months? Or was it heyman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement