Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

WWE Signs 2 Irish Talents to Developmental Deals
    The No Limit Wrestling promotion, based out of Ireland, has announced that Joey Cabray, who wrestles in a demon mask under the ring name Omen, and Rachelle St. Claire, have both signed WWE developmental deals.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/269195-wwe-signs-2-irish-talents-to-developmental-deals-another-qsnitchq-box-office-update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Any pics of these two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Any pics of these two?

313471_544237898941468_212304850_n-1408023.jpg

jcqu1.jpg

4190138755_2f8bcf5f45.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'm nearly sure I say both of those at a show in Cork a few yrs back. It had Bret Hart, Scotty too Hotty, Sabu, Rene Dupree as well.

Anyone else at that show that could confirm this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

I'm nearly sure I say both of those at a show in Cork a few yrs back. It had Bret Hart, Scotty too Hotty, Sabu, Rene Dupree as well.

Anyone else at that show that could confirm this?
    You did indeed, the AWR tour a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Waltman aint a happy camper:
    Twittah wrote:
    I'm still in the lobby of the hotel, I guess when the show's over & your not needed anymore, your on your own. Thanks. Once I get home I'll Go into further detail. I really hate it when it comes to this. Sorry for being a downer today everyone. You all are great.

AFAIK, he was working CHIKARA this weekend. He's worked for them before so it's a little surprising if it's them he is unhappy with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You did indeed, the AWR tour a few years back.

Remember her (:rolleyes:) but not him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Did a training session or two with Omen (Joey), really well deserved!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Who is the bigger ass-kicker? Brock Lesnar or Triple H?

31% Brock Lesnar 69% Triple H

Total votes: 22251

http://www.wwe.com/inside/polls/who-is-tougher-triple-h-or-lesnar

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I thought that said Ass-licker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I thought that said Ass-licker

I read it as Ass-kisser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Love to see Lesnar vs Triple H UFC style to prove that stat wrong ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Well they got Bart Gunn vs Butterbean in a boxing ring - lets put HHH and Lesnar in the Octogon!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Lesnar is hardly menacing in the Octagon,
    he has been absolutely battered any time I've seen him in it.
    my money would be on the king of kings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

srm23 wrote: »

I don't follow UFC closely but Lesnar must have been pretty handy to say he won the heavyweight title there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

i think he had some illness and hasnt been the same since.
    he has been cowering in the corner being beaten badly the 3 times
    ive watched him, one time he got lucky cause a guy gassed himself
    in the first round and the ref didnt stop it then lesnar made him tap,
    the other two times it was stopped.
    then Undie had a go at a semi-concious Brock!

it sort of ruined my image of him as an unstoppable beast,
    lucky for wwe most dont watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

He won the title off RandyCoutoure who was well into his 40's and giving up about 60lbs, he was 1-1 at the time. Anytime he was put in with someone who could punch he did not want no ppart of it. His bowel condition had nothing to do with the fact he cannot and would not take a real punch from guys his size who can punch heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Arawn wrote: »
    He won the title off RandyCoutoure who was well into his 40's and giving up about 60lbs, he was 1-1 at the time. Anytime he was put in with someone who could punch he did not want no ppart of it. His bowel condition had nothing to do with the fact he cannot and would not take a real punch from guys his size who can punch heavy

Congratulations, you are wrong! His bowel condition had everything to do with it, he never returned to form after it. While Frank Mir isn't known as a "heavy hitter" his striking ability is not to be overlooked and Lesnar dominated him. Also look at his fight with Carwin, a well known heavy hitter who very nearly knocked Lesnar out, but he toughed it out and won by submission. In his short UFC tenure he established himself as a world class wrestler with great ground and pound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The impression I got was he was quality when on offence, but almost useless on defence unless his opponent tried to wrestle him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Big nose, is that you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Congratulations, you are wrong! His bowel condition had everything to do with it, he never returned to form after it. While Frank Mir isn't known as a "heavy hitter" his striking ability is not to be overlooked and Lesnar dominated him. Also look at his fight with Carwin, a well known heavy hitter who very nearly knocked Lesnar out, but he toughed it out and won by submission. In his short UFC tenure he established himself as a world class wrestler with great ground and pound.
    He can't take a punch. Are you telling me thats a secret?? Carwin had him, most judges would of called it earlier then Carwin gassed. He used lost to mir, beat crazy horse which was easy, beat a tired old randy who still got in a good shot and wobbled him with an uppercut IIRC. Carwin showed he can't take a punch. He cowers when hit hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Jesus christ.

Brock Lesnar is an NCAA amateur wrestling champion who spent years learning the craft of MMA. HHH is a professional-wrestler with an array of injuries and is in his mid 40's. HHH wouldn't last 10 seconds with him.

With the exception of an early loss to Mir as the result of experience - Brock only lost to a roided up Overeem, and a man who just wrecked Junior Dos Santos - Cain Velasquez. Brock was a beast at heavyweight. There's no shame in losing to either of those guys.

Brock is a legitimate fighter, and smashes most guys at heavyweight. Not many guys beat an in shape Frank Mir - Brock did with ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

lucky for wwe most dont watch it!

More people watch UFC PPV's than WWE.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

dlofnep wrote: »
    More people watch UFC PPV's than WWE.
    I think he's more saying that most WWE fans don't watch UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

This is nonsense.

Anyway, move on lads. If ye want to talk HHH Vs Lesnar, take it to the WM preshow thread. This is not a chat thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Today, we have three words for you: #GetTheTables!! See @WWE.com's new #DudleyBoyz section! wwe.me/iVqVB

So as soon as the Dudleys reunite on TNA this appears - nice timing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Busted for the second time on this charge. :rolleyes:
    WWE wrestler Jimmy Uso (a/k/a Jonathan Solofa Fatu) was arrested on Wednesday morning in Hillsborough County, Florida and charged with driving under the influence. He was released on a $500 cash bond a few hours later. You can view his arrest report at HCSO.tampa.fl.us.

At least Jey can drive him when his license is taken away.

Source - F4Wonline
    - Before Monday's RAW hit the air, the original script they had for Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel was a "really bad" one so they changed it completely and spent hours re-doing the segment. There was also a problem with the Jeritron that was in the ring. During the playing of The Marine 3 trailer, the WWE ring crew had to remove the Jeritron from the ring. This caused more problems for the segment and Jericho was forced to improvise.

The segment really took a turn for the worse when Brad Maddox came out. The Jeritron was supposed to be involved in Maddox's presentation but it wasn't in the ring anymore, he lost track and flubbed his promo on live TV.

Even before Maddox came out, Vince McMahon had instructed Michael Cole to bury the segment on commentary. There was some heat on Cole with the feeling that the segment was bad but most people wouldn't have noticed or said anything if it weren't for his comments drawing attention.

Backstage, Vince was calling the segment one of the worse ever and Maddox was the one blamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Expect big Dave to be back for a big Wrestlemania payday next year to promote this. :D

http://www.newsarama.com/film/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drax-batista.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Neither News nor rumor but came across this today in the book shop.
    Didnt have time to read but might invest over the weekend

http://www.truecrimelibrary.com/item_details.php?id=1546&cat_id=87&sub_cat_id=0

TCSPRING2013.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement