Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Expect big Dave to be back for a big Wrestlemania payday next year to promote this. :D

http://www.newsarama.com/film/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drax-batista.html

That's a huge role for him. Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones) for some reason was offered the role and turned it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Corholio wrote: »
    That's a huge role for him. Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones) for some reason was offered the role and turned it down.

Yeah it's a big role for Batista but I think this or the proposed Ant-Man film are going to be a stretch too far for Marvel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Source - F4Wonline

It really is unbelievable if this it true. Vince authorises everything that goes on TV, then he blames Maddox?? What the hell could he have possibly done to save that segment, not to mention that Vince had already instructed Cole to bury it before it started so what is Maddox supposed to do? So strange.

As someone said, if Cole hadn't have said anything people would have just remembered it as a really good triple threat IC title match being set up for the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,356 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Expect big Dave to be back for a big Wrestlemania payday next year to promote this. :D

http://www.newsarama.com/film/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drax-batista.html

Is this is acting name Dave Bautista?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

That's his real name.

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »
    That's his real name.

Thought he might do like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and be David "Batista" Bautista :P never mind that dont sound as cool as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

LOL! But why would he? Virgil leeched off his star power for his WWF career, and DiBiase spent all of 1991 trying to get him over. Also Virgil's been coaxing people to his signing table for years with a banner that says Million Dollar Man and Virgil! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not really news in the true sense, but Happy 70th Birthday to The Iron Sheikh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I know its a few months old but stumbled across it, very interesting few paragraphs....imagine the butterfly effect godfather becoming papa shango again and their being no kane!

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/The_Godfather_Interview_-_Losing_A_Spot_In_The_nWo_Papa_Shango_Return_Nixed_The_Rock.html
    Charles Wright, more famously known as The Godfather and Papa Shango, recently spoke to IMETAWrestler.com on a slew topics concerning his career. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

On the Papa Shango character: "I used to read books on voodoo, in fact I built an entire voodoo library. Everything I said in my promos was real and legit. All the props were from voodoo stores. It was totally authentic. The effects guys worked with the staffs and sticks so that they all did something different. I had a bunch of them - some would shoot sparks, others had smoke and lights that came out of them."

How Sid messed up the character: "Papa Shango was supposed to last much longer in the main event but Sid f---ed it up. It was supposed to be Sid and Warrior headlining SummerSlam [1992], but Sid didn't want to do it and he quit. He had his own issues, he said Vince had brought him in under the promise of replacing Hogan as the top babyface and it wasn't going the way it was supposed to. So Papa Shango was fed to Warrior instead. The problem was, with a character like Papa Shango, once the losses piled up, the character lost a lot of that mystique and invincibility, and it was all downhill fast from there."

Papa Shango returning in 1997 but replaced by Kane: "A lot of people don't know this, but Papa Shango was going to return in 1997. It was going to be a more gritty, realistic version with a mask instead of paint.They created the costume and the new entrance. But what happened was, the decision was then made to do Kane. I guess they felt there wasn’t enough room for two dark, supernatural characters, and so I became Kama Mustafa and they put me in The Nation. I've still got some 8x10 promos of me in the new mask and gear."

Why Vince put The Rock in The Nation: "The Rock was put into The Nation to protect him. Vince had big plans for The Rock from day one and was worried that he had been getting bad advice from the wrong people. Some jealous dudes had been getting into his ear. So Vince put Rock in the Nation so he could benefit from the guidance of Ron [Simmons] and myself. It was the same thing with Mark Henry. Mark was a big long term investment that was getting some bad advice, learning some bad habits, and so Vince put him under myself and Ron for guidance. Both those guys were struggling."

Vince's opinion of The Godfather: "Vince loved the gimmick. Loved it. He used to go to bat for me so many times – fighting the networks, fighting the executives. He did everything he could to keep the character as a central part of the show. Vince used to come to me and say, "Charles – he always called me Charles – you’re having too much fun out there. You should be paying me!" And that didn’t surprise me – Vince is the biggest pimp of them all!"

On the Attitude Era: "I got away with talking about weed so openly on TV because the network executives had no idea what I was saying. They didn’t understand the slang. They had no idea what a "fatty" or a "blunt" was, so I was able to say all this stuff and they had no clue. My friend in Cypress Hill said he was amazed at the **** I got away with."

On almost joining WCW and the nWo: "I almost went to WCW to be Hogan’s enforcer in the nWo. I named my price, the contract was being drawn up, and then at the last minute, I got a call saying the contract was being retracted and there was no longer an offer for me. I was stunned, man, just stunned. I asked why, and it turned out that Virgil offered to do it for a third of the price because he wanted to be back on TV so bad. That dumb motherf---er cost us both."

• Advertisement

Stacey Keibler is single again after breaking up with George Clooney now lads make a move :P

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Special Agent Oso

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Stacey Keibler is single again after breaking up with George Clooney now lads make a move :P

if i had stacey my "move" wouldnt last to long :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Well Stace, my hair ain't grey and I don't go to the cinema often so you can avoid any smug films that critics love but GTR would rather teabag a beartrap than watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

About time george came out of the closet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

ricero wrote: »
    About time george came out of the closet

I think he's clever, no marriage means no divorce, aka no broad taking half your worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Stacy's meal ticket gone,she'll be desperate for a new famous boyfriend so she can try and make it in Hollywood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hopefully she's not desperately insecure to have to throw herself at any actor with a little star power. Gary Busey beware! I wonder, thanks to her affiliation with George Clooney, if more people in the world know who she is, than John Cena?

Dana White reveals offer to face Vince McMahon

On Montreal TV tonight, when Dana White was being interviewed by former NHL player Denis Gauthier, Jr., Gauthier as a joke brought up the idea of him fighting Vince McMahon.

White, surprisingly, revealed that in fact Vince McMahon had wanted to do the match. White said that he respects Vince, and that Vince will probably freak out when he says this, but that Vince was too old, and he said Vince is not going to want to hear that.

White vs. Vince McMahon was Vince's idea for a main event at WrestleMania 27.

Unbeknownst to Dana White, the guy who interviewed him is the son of a Montreal pro wrestler, Denis Gauthier, and his wife, Joanne Rougeau (daughter of legendary Montreal wrestler Jacques Rougeau Sr., as sister of Raymond and Jacques Jr.), was the former local wrestling promoter for WWF at the same Bell Centre where tomorrow night's UFC is coming from.

WWE vs UFC with Brock vs Undertaker too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hopefully she's not desperately insecure to have to throw herself at any actor with a little star power. Gary Busey beware! I wonder, thanks to her affiliation with George Clooney, if more people in the world know who she is, than John Cena?

I wouldnt be surprised. She was seen everywhere with Clooney so even if people didnt know what she did, they knew who she was. Cena meanwhile, outside wrestling, only has a couple of crap films to his name. DWTS alone probably made Stacy more well known than Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Happily (for Clooney anyway) the reports of their split are "a total fabrication" according to his spokesperson. Much like their relationship if you believe various rumours!

• Advertisement

****ing dirtsheets at it again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

For those who don't watch or bother keeping up, WWE Saturday Morning Slam now has a GM in the form of
    Mick Foley

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Despite receiving mixed reviews from critics, WWE Studios thriller The Call grossed an impressive $6.2 million on Friday night, en route to a projected $16-$17 million opening weekend (numbers via The Hollywood Reporter).

Assuming the movie, with Oscar winner Halle Berry as a troubled 911 operator, continues to perform well, it should come in at No. 2 at the U.S. box office behind Disney blockbuster Oz the Great and Powerful.

This marks WWE Studios' best opening weekend for a film to date, easily overtaking the $7 million made by 2006's The Marine.

Deadline touted The Call's good numbers, noting the film had "shocked Hollywood for 2nd place" by doing far better than previous front-runner The Incredible Burt Wonderstone.

The site went on to mention that distributor Sony had aimed the film's marketing mainly towards women and African Americans, a tactic that appears to have paid off.

Notably, Berry also appeared on Monday night's Raw in a hilarious segment with Kane, which may have aided the film in appealing to the young male demographic.

The Call's success is even more impressive when you consider its very modest budget. As The Hollywood Reporter noted, the film only cost $13 million to make.

Bleacher Report

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Deadline touted The Call's good numbers, noting the film had "shocked Hollywood for 2nd place" by doing far better than previous front-runner The Incredible Burt Wonderstone.
    ...I'm not surprised by that at all, really. That Burt Wonderstone film had a bafflingly strong cast but not much else, kind of a grating vibe from it too, might be alright, but there's a certain repellent vibe off it.

Plus, and I find it weird that no one brought this up, the film is directed by Brad Anderson. Asides from his last film flopping in a really, really weird manner (barely got a theatrical release, wasn't especially savaged by critics or anything, just very strange), he's got a pretty solid track record, the sort of guy who could quite easily knock out a thriller that would please the masses and nicely fill up a gap in the film release schedule(such as the fairly huge one right here between Oz and Iron Man 3).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watched WrestleTalk for the first time this week on Challenge and saw the bit about Challenge starting to show British wrestling from March 31st. Being a WWE and TNA only watcher, does anyone know if the quality of the British wrestling being shown is decent?

Also, I'm assuming wrestling is doing well for the channel to be showing 3 different wrestling based shows a week.

As for WrestleTalk, good to see they asked Sting questions like Will there be more wrestling and less talking, rather than just telling him he's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Watched WrestleTalk for the first time this week on Challenge and saw the bit about Challenge starting to show British wrestling from March 31st. Being a WWE and TNA only watcher, does anyone know if the quality of the British wrestling being shown is decent?

Also, I'm assuming wrestling is doing well for the channel to be showing 3 different wrestling based shows a week.

As for WrestleTalk, good to see they asked Sting questions like Will there be more wrestling and less talking, rather than just telling him he's great.
    There is a British Wrestling show on somewhere already. The quality is shocking. I'd be surprised if more than two or three have ever even had training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

https://twitter.com/jclayfield/status/313806035129335808

I tweeted JBL last night for the laugh.

George Hook could've been money it seems :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,153 ✭✭✭✭Penn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement