Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone hear this? Any good?
    I gave it a listen, didn't think much of it tbh. Yer man obviously did a bit of research into him but didn't have a clue about the wrestling business.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Degag wrote: »
    I gave it a listen, didn't think much of it tbh. Yer man obviously did a bit of research into him but didn't have a clue about the wrestling business.

Did they goof on wrestling?

Did they goof on wrestling?

Yeah, was a bit annoying in what was supposedly an obituary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

TBF to Moncrieff the week Benoit died they covered it in one of those "Funny things that happen in showbiz" segments and had a genuine giggle over the murders. They probably aren't going to be front row at Mania.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

FM104 had the Rock talking in a soundbite about how he would play with GI Joes as child. They referred to him as a former Wrestler!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

rovert wrote: »
    FM104 had the Rock talking in a soundbite about how he would play with GI Joes as child. They referred to him as a former Wrestler!

Bloody hell!

FM104 isn't normally that accurate!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Yer man didn't have a clue about the wrestling business.

Pfftt, I hate regular people.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Pfftt, I hate regular people.
    Could have done slightly more research though. Callling the WWE, WWF, is a bit old now.

Last night:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So looks like the planned British wrestling programme has changed. Looked to see if I had it set to record and it's not on Sunday as it was meant to be.
    So looked it up and now plans seem to be a monthly show starting April 14th
    http://www.challenge.co.uk/wrestling/new-free-to-air-british-wrestling-show-set-for-debut.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

evan bourne return
    "welcome back"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Am I the only one that likes Evan Bourne? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KuriousOranj

Very bland from what I have seen of him,Justin Gabriel-esque.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I also like Gabriel :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i like bourne, hes a good tag team wrestler. they should bring back air boom

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Angron wrote: »
    I also like Gabriel :(

The two of them might make a good team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Online nope. Always had a strong internet fanbase even before his WWE days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Could have done slightly more research though. Callling the WWE, WWF, is a bit old now.

Puts a bit of perspective on things! This is a good reminder of how "regular" people view wrestling. No clue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

You are not alone,

When did you change the username? Took me a while to figure out where the wrestling fan I never noticed till recently and with so many posts suddenly appeared from :P

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    You are not alone,

When did you change the username? Took me a while to figure out where the wrestling fan I never noticed till recently and with so many posts suddenly appeared from :P

Changed it about a week ago, you're not the first one I've confused :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Changed it about a week ago, you're not the first one I've confused :P

What was the user name before the change

From Lordsofpain but im not sure what website they got it from
    Vince McMahon made his first-ever tweet on Monday night, telling fans, to "Get ready for #BigReveal on Friday night." According to a WWE source, the big reveal will be an announcement regarding who will sing "America the Beautiful" at WrestleMania 29.

Great :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Vince is inducting Donald Trump into the hall of fame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems like Cole sometimes feels the same as we do about Raw. Also talks about why they mention social media so much and few other things.
    http://www.pwmania.com/michael-cole-talks-john-cena-turning-heel-3-hour-wwe-raws-jerry-lawlers-heart-attack-more#.UVy4_WS9Kc1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Just saw on facebook that him and Diana Hart have sorted out all their legal issues.

Hopefully a late minute HoF entry ie Owen Hart being inducted by Bret is my guess, and if it isnt this it will be next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

There's no word on how this affects WWE using Owen footage going forward (unless you've read something I haven't!) but would you want Owen's induction slap-dashed into the most star-studded HoF class? Hopefully he'll get inducted at some point, I can't see them doing it - lawsuit settled or not Martha absolutely detests the wrestling business (with good reason). I don't think WWE would induct him without her or her family's presence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

montyrebel wrote: »
    Hopefully a late minute HoF entry ie Owen Hart being inducted by Bret is my guess

on three days notice, no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

on three days notice, no chance.

yep and its not as it needs any more star power at this stage.

• Advertisement

Had no real issue with Bret and Bruno returning to WWE but I have a really hard time with the idea of Owen going into the HOF. WWE won't be able to help themselves co-opting his memory and whitewashing everything they did after his death.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement