Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Source: Pwinsider.com

As noted here on the website over the weekend, Ken Anderson isn't expected to return to the ring until early next year after suffering a concussion last month. This was a result of an accidental chair shot from Jeff Hardy.

According to sources though, he's feeling better and he may take part in some on-air storyline angles before then.

Anderson is wrestling this weekend against Matt Hardy.

http://glcw.pwrshow.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15:matt-hardy-announced-for-blizzard-brawl-6&catid=1:content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

super-rush wrote: »
    Anderson is wrestling this weekend against Matt Hardy.

I thought for a minute it'd be CW Anderson :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter and
    Wrestleview.com

- WWE officials have discussed modifying the announce team for pay-per-view events, which could begin as soon as TLC.

Internally, Todd Grisham is not getting high marks for his work, which is why Michael Cole was moved to SmackDown. Meanwhile, both Cole and Jerry Lawler reportedly dislike working with Matt Striker. Cole took off his headset during the Survivor Series broadcast to yell at Striker for talking too much.

Punk may end up with the spot for pay-per-view events, but the team would therefore solely consist of Raw announcers and the company doesn't want SmackDown to come off as a secondary brand.

It's said to be no secret that Jim Ross wants to return to the announce booth. His appearance on RAW two weeks ago resulted in overwhelming sentiment that he should return, but his fate lies in the hands of Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn, who prefer youth—though Jerry Lawler is three years older than Ross.

Furthermore, Lawler and Cole have pushed for Ross to replace Matt Striker as the third man for pay-per-view broadcasts, whom they dislike. McMahon, however, feels the pay-per-view broadcast team should be limited to those who work television.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

According to multiple sources, Samoa Joe's TNA contract has expired.

It's expected the former TNA Champion will work tonight's Final Resolution PPV and this week's tv tapings while both parties work negotiating a new deal.

Joe joined TNA in 2005.

Credit - PWInsider.com

Would love it if he left and joined the WWE.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seth Rollins (Tyler Black) has indicated that he's in Louisville where Raw is being taped tonight.
    Things are about to get interesting.

Haven't missed airports....or delays one single bit.

Read Lenny Bruce is Dead on the way to Louisville. Hard to take much away from it, but it was entertaining. Anyone read it?

http://twitter.com/wwerollins

Probably just for a dark match mind, but we can all hope he debuts in some program with Bryan Daniels....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wow!
    They're some accusations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

CMpunked wrote: »
    Wow!
    They're some accusations!
    Lol, i hope you're being sarcastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/17118
    Triple H Not Returning to In-Ring Action Until 2011?
    According to f4wonline it is expected that Triple will not return to WWE programming until January at the earliest, possibly at the Royal Rumble.
    He has been sidelined since April due a torn biceps tendon.

UFC president Dana White revealed in an interview with George Stroumboulopoulos" on CBC in Canada that The Undertaker recently called him to apologize for the "confrontation" with Brock Lesnar at the UFC 121 PPV in October.

"I didn't know (the confrontation was going to happen)," White claimed. "It's funny you're asking me this because Undertaker just called me a couple days ago to apologize for the whole thing."

"This is the story. Him and Brock have some beef. Brock walked by him, he said something to him, and it blew up into the whole thing that happened," White said.

"I have a good relationship with Vince McMahon. I like Vince McMahon very much, I respect him. I have a great relationship with most of the guys from WWE - they're fans. It's no big deal. We're in the fight business and anything can happen at any given time."

White was asked if he would allow Brock Lesnar to fight in WWE, then come back to UFC. White firmly responded, "No. He's under contract with us."

"What I don't want to do is - we took a big risk bringing Brock in - I don't want to blur those lines between what's real and what's not real," White said.

"Everyone talks about us competing with WWE. We don't. We're completely different. What they do is entertainment. What we do is absolutely real, like boxing."

• Advertisement

"Everyone talks about us competing with WWE. We don't. We're completely different. What they do is entertainment. What we do is absolutely real, like boxing."

*Bangs head off desk*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

*Bangs head off desk*

I don't understand your beef here. Dana White made a pretty valid point tbf.

I just can't fathom the whole "seperate audience" thing. Both Vince and Dana use it constantly to say they aren't at war with each other, but they are (or should be) after that same audience. But I think that there is a large older fanbase who want an alternative to WWE and end up turning to UFC as a result.

I know I read an article recently whereby either Lance Storm or Jim Cornette ripped into the arguement. Can't find it now though. Here's a quote I found attributed to Jim though...
    "MMA and the UFC have taken all of the pro wrestling fans because it's pro wrestling from 30 years ago, just in an Octagon and the fights happen to be real. But they're marketed exactly the same way. People want new stars, young athletes, a more serious approach. Athletic competition with interesting personalities with a hard sports edge and take the UFC fans back or at least entice a few of them to come back and then you'd have something."

Although you're right, WWE and UFC do have an overlap of fans, whose paralells are easily describable, Dana White is trying to make the distinction that UFC is a real sport, WWE is not. The minute he starts discussing similarities in these sound-byte interviews, the tabloids and idiot public will assume UFC is phoney, which is absolutely his worst case scenario. He's trying his best to keep his baby UFC as far away from the pre-scripted entertainment of WWE.

So even though what he's saying isn't true, he's saying "do not compare us to WWE, ever, we're not WWE at all"

Oh yeah, I get why they make that arguement. As you said, Dana doesn't want to admit he's got something in common with the "fake" WWE, and I believe Vince doesn't want to admit he's losing people to another company. My belief is they are apples and oranges but both appeal to fruit eaters...

My belief is they are apples and oranges but both appeal to fruit eaters...

Yeah thats exactly it. Unfortunately i think we, the pro wrestling fans are the only ones who see it like that. Out of Dana, Vince and the MMA diehards.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This week's edition of TNA iMPACT! did a 1.1 cable rating, with 1,508,000 viewers. This is the show's highest rating since November 11th.

This week's edition of TNA ReAction did a 0.58 (0.6) cable rating, with 775,000 viewers, also the largest audience since November 11th.

In comparison, this week's edition of WWE Superstars did a 0.5 rating, with 537,000 viewers. The replay did a 0.16 (0.2) rating, with 176,000 viewers.

Both shows went head-to-head with an NFL game featuring the Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Perry Saturn re-appears after years of being homeless and addicted to crystal meth:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

:)

Really great to see he's on the mends

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2310-TNA-vs-New-Japan-at-Tokyo-Dome-Event
    Featured TNA Wrestling vs. New Japan Pro Wrestling matches at the January 4 "Wrestle Kingdom" Tokyo Dome event:

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Jeff Hardy defends vs. Tetsuya Naito of No Limit

Rob Van Dam vs. Toru Yano

IWGP World Tag Team Championship Match
    Giant Bernard and Karl Anderson vs. Beer Money vs. Manabu Nakanishi & Strong Man

I was hoping we'd get The Guns vs. Ibushi and Omega.

• Advertisement

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2310-TNA-vs-New-Japan-at-Tokyo-Dome-Event

I was hoping we'd get The Guns vs. Ibushi and Omega.

It shouldn't be legal for TNA to travel without Angle, The Guns and AJ Styles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Big Dave will not be happy!:

Examiner.com is reporting that Athena Batista, the 18 year old daughter of former WWE star Dave Batista, is involved in a sex tape scandal as an online video has surfaced on the internet featuring her performing several sex acts.

Many WZ readers have sent in direct links to the video, but due to the graphic nature of the videos we will NOT be posting those links on the site. Rather, you can head to Examiner.com where Jerry Wiseman, the author of the article, has posted a link to the video. More on this as it becomes available.

Source:http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/breaking-batistas-daughter-involved-in-sex-tape-scandal-118861

I wonder when she will be offered her wwe contract? ;)

mg it was crap

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: Pwinsider.com

TNA Wrestling has signed British wrestler "Vigilante" Johnny Moss to a contract.

More soon.

from wrestlingnewsource
    John Cena posted on his twitter today that World Wrestling Entertainment terminated the contract of Juan Cena last night. He tweeted: "CeNation. Wwe reports that last night at approximatley 9pm est. It terminated its contract with cousin of john cena, juan," Cena wrote. "The wwe wishes juan the best of luck in his future endeavors."

big big lost to the wwe, they just didnt use him right at all, I reckon tna will be all over this now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Shawn Michaels twitter..

"It was gr8 seeing the WWE gang @ Tribute show. Got some business done too. Seems there may be a future w/the WWE & yours truly:-)"

"Sorry,very busy day & tomorrow as well. I will upload a video friday regarding my future with the WWE. Take care all."

interesting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Former WWE and WCW star Paul Orndorff, 61, revealed this afternoon on the SIRIUS pro wrestling talk show Busted Open that he has cancer.

Program host Reby Sky disclosed the news on her Twitter account, writing:

"Orndorff: "I wasn't a very good politican. I wonder if I should have played the game" in reference to money & Vince McMahon... after revealing he just found out he has cancer. This is almost too intense; studio on the verge of tears here."

Orndorff was forced to retire from active wrestling in 1995 due to previous injuries suffered while working for WWE in the 1980s, with the entire right side of his body beginning to atrophy (eventually causing his arm and leg muscles to shrink).

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/296267539.php

• Advertisement

What kind?? That's very important.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement