Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Tinie wrote: »
    http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/279891/Check-Out-A-Photo-Of-John-Cena%5C%5Cs-Personalized-WWE-Title.htm#iRAzmVHI148fTcBi.99

"Cena was asked for who is next for the WWE title and The Undertaker's name came up. He said that when you're WWE Champion, everyone goes after you and he looks forward to it."

I actually wouldn't mind that. They had a good feud back in 2003.

A match between Undertaker and Cena would have to be up there as a dream match. They've never faced off since 2003 as you said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd have had that as a cert for WM 30

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Closest they've had to a match that I can recall since 2003 was when it was Cena & Michaels v Undertaker and Batista I think, No Way Out before WM 23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

RVD has supposedly signed a 2 year contract with WWE according to a few news sites on Twitter.

Don't know why WWE would be arsed signing him,RVD was never that good to begin with,and is way past his best at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Awesome news, love RVD, the guy is a legend and still one of my favourites to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If its true, if (twitter source!) then they are probably bringing him back for name recognition at a time when they have so many new guys. They were supposed to be looking at getting some well known faces back on board.

RVD v Cesaro, RVD as part of a match v the Shield, RVD v Dolph, RVD v Bray Wyatt when he gets brought up, RVD v Ryback, RVD v Wade and so on - all sound good to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

RVD has supposedly signed a 2 year contract with WWE according to a few news sites on Twitter.

Don't know why WWE would be arsed signing him,RVD was never that good to begin with,and is way past his best at this stage.
    He was very good in ECW and for the first few years of his time in WWE. At some point his interest seemed to drop and as such the effort went too. People complain about Cena having the five moves of doom, RVD does the exact same but with flashier moves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

He still gets a crowd reaction.

Whether he has decent and different matches than put others over is a different story all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

RVD vs Ryback in a Singlet on a Pole match...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Omackeral wrote: »
    RVD vs Ryback

Weed me more :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Omackeral wrote: »
    RVD vs Ryback in a Singlet on a Pole match...

RVD Vs Swagger, spliff on a pole match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

"Same old Shit"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

RVD Vs Swagger, spliff on a pole match
    Bourne is back, make it a triple threat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Taker dished this out to Cena back in 09...they never made anything of it iIrc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHe0a-K7DJ0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

72894_559640687391208_306740434_n.jpg

Joking aside Bryan Alvarez says WWE are planning to make the post-Mania Raw to a much, much bigger deal. Perhaps having Raw in the same arena as Wrestlemania will be the previous night. Likely in a scaled down version of the arena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

rovert wrote: »

Joking aside Bryan Alvarez says WWE are planning to make the post-Mania Raw to a much, much bigger deal. Perhaps having Raw in the same arena as Wrestlemania will be the previous night. Likely in a scaled down version of the arena.

Terrible idea, imo.

Part of the WM atmosphere problem, imo, is the sheer size of the stadiums - just to big to carry the atmosphere as needed. The atmosphere at Raw is down, in part, to the more traditional arena setting - more compact, full crowd closer to the ring.

If they try to turn Raw after mania into a 'thing', they will ruin it. It is the fans that make it an event - WWE trying to take control of it would kill that, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ That, as it is the stadium feel of Mania means the crowd doesnt sound as loud as it does in the smaller arenas. Look at the last arena show, Wrestlemania 22, the crowd was white hot that night, now I've been to two, 23 and 24, and the crowds were loud as hell there too but it doesn't sound like it on the dvds.

Raw on monday night had stuff Mania should have had, Ziggler cashing in being the obvious one, I cant understand the thinking behind having someone do that on the biggest ppv of the year with a massive buyrate, or doing it on a free tv show the next night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Stadium shows have poor mic'ing - like the crowd noises go right out into the air an not bounced back like in arenas but surely they could mic the crowd a little closer so it doesn't sound like they're dead outside the main event?

krudler wrote: »
    I cant understand the thinking behind having someone do that on the biggest ppv of the year with a massive buyrate, or doing it on a free tv show the next night.

Raw has at least three times more viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

My good friend, the real Mexico, the Alberto Del Rio. He Iron Sheik-class, not like the dumb Mexican Tito Santana.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1597702-iron-sheik-know-cm-punk-the-real-fandango-the-jabroni-at-wwe-wrestlemania-29

:pac:

• Advertisement

Everything I read on boards now translates into the Sheiks voice in my head.

bizarre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Raw has at least three times more viewers.
    1 million buys doesn't mean 1 million viewers, you've probably got about three viewers per buy on average along with loads of illegal streamers and people who download it across the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

He's a surprisingly interesting guy. Had no idea he'd be into meditation and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Clemantis wrote: »
    He's a surprisingly interesting guy. Had no idea he'd be into meditation and that.

He is a BIG fan of DDP yoga!! (Which is absolutely kicking my ass at the moment - It's not yo' mama's yoga after all!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

He is a BIG fan of DDP yoga!! (Which is absolutely kicking my ass at the moment - It's not yo' mama's yoga after all!)

Are you doing it? I really want to try it. Looks pretty different from any other exercise training being offered anywhere at the moment.

Is DDP Yoga not just yoga and bodyweight exercises under a brand name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

CMpunked wrote: »
    Are you doing it? I really want to try it. Looks pretty different from any other exercise training being offered anywhere at the moment.

I do it, really recommend it, it's just using your own weight as, eh, weights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

krudler wrote: »
    I do it, really recommend it, it's just using your own weight as, eh, weights.

Is it straight forward to get into? Whats its main benefits?

• Advertisement

I wouldnt have to start eating healthy crap would I?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement