Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

gimmick wrote: »
    Why would anybody buy someone elses worn shoes?

Ah, Wrestling memorabilia. I'm with you, I wouldn't care to buy anyone's used jocks/shoes but maybe there's some hardcore Devitt fans around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It is as crazy as buying minor celebs stuff off their amazon wish lists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Because he is REAL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Naomichi Marufuji's replacement on upcoming ROH shows will be......Paul London *womp womp*

Source:ROH twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

As reported earlier, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was forced to miss Monday night's Los Angeles premiere of his latest film, Pain & Gain, due to an emergency hernia operation earlier in the day. Speaking to E! Online on the red carpet, movie director Michael Bay suggested the injury stemmed from Johnson's wrestling exploits.

"He was pushing it too hard," Bay said. "[He] needs to grow up and stop wrestling 300-pound men."

Johnson responded to Bay's remark via Twitter this afternoon, writing, "Funny sh*t! Michael Bay joked I should stop wrestling 300lb men. I agree - I'll switch to women. #ALLPainNOGain."

Triple H also responded with the following tweet of his own:

@Loug30: @TripleH @StephMcMahon @JRsBBQ Michael Bay saying @TheRock needs to grow up, and stop wrestling 300 pound men?” Who's 300lbs???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

GTR63 wrote: »
    As reported earlier, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was forced to miss Monday night's Los Angeles premiere of his latest film, Pain & Gain, due to an emergency hernia operation earlier in the day. Speaking to E! Online on the red carpet, movie director Michael Bay suggested the injury stemmed from Johnson's wrestling exploits.

"He was pushing it too hard," Bay said. "[He] needs to grow up and stop wrestling 300-pound men."

Johnson responded to Bay's remark via Twitter this afternoon, writing, "Funny sh*t! Michael Bay joked I should stop wrestling 300lb men. I agree - I'll switch to women. #ALLPainNOGain."

Triple H also responded with the following tweet of his own:

@Loug30: @TripleH @StephMcMahon @JRsBBQ Michael Bay saying @TheRock needs to grow up, and stop wrestling 300 pound men?” Who's 300lbs???

Sites made a story out of that? Clearly a joke you could even pick up the tone seeing it written smh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,154 ✭✭✭✭Penn

EdK wrote: »
    Sites made a story out of that? Clearly a joke you could even pick up the tone seeing it written smh

Trust The Sun (well, don't trust The Sun):
    THE ROCK has been told to “grow up” and stop wrestling for the WWE by a top Hollywood movie director.
    Michael Bay, whose credits include Bad Boys and Transformers, blasted the popular star after he missed the Los Angeles premiere for their new movie Pain & Gain.

Rock failed to show after undergoing surgery on abdominal and hernia injuries sustained during his WrestleMania main event loss to John Cena in New Jersey.

And his absence did not go down well with Bay. He fumed: “He was pushing it too hard. He needs to grow up and stop wrestling 300lb men.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4901521/The-Rock-told-to-quit-WWE-by-movie-director-Michael-Bay.html

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

A gay wrestling fan with a foot fetish?

Dammit H you could've chimed in with something funny and cut Bay down to size. Something like "Definitely. Play Action Dolls > 300lb guys"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

If I get Davitt's boots for €100 now, what will they be worth after he wins a WWE at wrestlemania?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ShagNastii wrote: »
    If I get Davitt's boots for €100 now, what will they be worth after he wins a WWE at wrestlemania?

€0 because that's never going to happen.

Loughc wrote: »
    €0 because that's never going to happen.

As he will be US Champion.

Variety the entertainment trade publication said Wrestlemania did 1.2 million:
    http://variety.com/2013/biz/news/wrestlemania-29-sets-earnings-record-for-wwe-1200414828/

Has to count as a big success relative to the worse fears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That is a huge number for them! some nay sayers were calling less than a million! Once in a lifetime part three next year! :pac:

It's important to note that THAT NUMBER IS NOT OFFICIAL. The official number will come out at WWE's Quarterly investors meeting in early August. I hate these numbers being thrown about. No-one will remember the legitimate figure, only the first one(s) that go around the internet.

In their recent newsletter F4W's Bryan Alvarez (an actual wrestling reporter, unlike this Marc Graser) said his early sources cited numbers ranging from OK to shocking. So "best of all time figures from a non-wrestling person" should be taken with a bowl of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Writes for Variety though,he'd have extensive contacts in the media/PPV industry I'd say.

He got the number from WWE.

Remember WM28? Gus Ramsey of ESPN reported 1.9m (April) WWE.com reported 1.3m (April) Actual buys 1.21m (August). The problem is I bet most fans heard/remember 1.9 million and nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

alvarez is as bad as meltzer is good, $72m gross from ppv and ticket sales is really the only figure that matters at the end of the day, its possible the next time wwe return to new york area for mania they could gross over $100m for a single event

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

WWE said they exceeded one million and said it to the NYSE so the chap from variety probably won't be far off.

Of course they could be bull****ting :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

http://www.wrestling-news.net/undertaker-praises-talents-nights-wwe-raw/28860/
    Following his match last night on WWE RAW, The Undertaker praised Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns infront of everyone backstage and told them that those 3 put on a great match with himself, Daniel Bryan and Kane and are part of a great future for the WWE.

The Undertaker also heavily praised Daniel Bryan for his in-ring work, as well as how he has managed to keep himself over in such a comedy-style gimmick.

• Advertisement

Worth noting on Friday, on F4W radio, Dave Meltzer (a more reliable source than Marc Graser!) said with some confidence his that the final total will come between 1.10-1.15 million buys for WM29.

Riddle101 wrote: »

I read this and though Taker doesn`t watch wwe that much at home does he.:o
    Deserved praise all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Worth noting on Friday, on F4W radio, Dave Meltzer (a more reliable source than Marc Graser!) said with some confidence his that the final total will come between 1.10-1.15 million buys for WM29.

Hope this is true, now all the "But how can The Rock become champion!? When he draws ratings, beats Punk, makes everyone on the roster more money than they normally would and headline Wrestlemania and disappear with all the other 'part-timers' that will result in the death of sports entertainment!?" dopes can cop on and realise that making money is business and business is good :)

I should've mentioned that it's a foregone conclusion that WM29 will be the most profitable wrestling event in the history of time. It needed 938k buys to do this. (Also Meltzer). Regardless of the event itself its a very impressive achievement! 2012 was an upswing year as extra buys for PPVs during the year offset dropping 1 PPV from the schedule.

There's a RUMOUR on Twitter that Alex Riley has been let go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

rovert wrote: »

"Oh my god Taz...thats Rex Ailey WHATS he doing in the iMPACT! zone?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

If its true its abit harsh it was his birthday yesterday :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

MrMac84 wrote: »
    "Oh my god Taz...thats Rex Ailey WHATS he doing in the iMPACT! zone?

:)

"He's the newest member of the Aces and Eights.... They're stronger than ever!!!!"

A wild Alex Riley has disappeared.....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Pity they never really used Riley once he and Miz split,thought he was decent enough.

Getting done for drink driving didn't help I suppose

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement