Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE.com unveiled their top 11 "up-and-coming competitors the world of sports-entertainment will be talking about this year." The ranking is as follows: 11. Ezekiel Jackson, 10. Tyson Kidd, 9. Tamina, 8. Alex Riley, 7. David Otunga, 6. Drew McIntyre, 5. Skip Sheffield, 4. Cody Rhodes, 3. Dolph Ziggler, 2. Daniel Bryan, 1. Alberto Del Rio.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If any of that top 4 make it to the upper echelons of the WWE this year, I'll be happy <_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

If any of that top 4 make it to the upper echelons of the WWE this year, I'll be happy <_<

top 3 for me! Something about Cody I dont really believe in yet!

sorry no chat, heres some news:

source: PW TORCH
    An 18-year-old man is suing WWE and naming "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson and Triple H as defendants for damages resulting from a PPV match over ten years ago.

The Courier-Journal newspaper in Louisville reports the man, who was seven-years-old at the time of the Judgment Day PPV in May 2000, is claiming he was injured during a mid-match brawl between Rock and Hunter during their 60-minute Iron Man match.

The man, identified as "Basham," says he was ringside at Freedom Hall in Louisville, Ky. for the PPV event. Basham claims that Rock shoved a spectator into a woman, causing the woman to fall on top of him. Basham said in the suit that he sustained right leg and knee injuries.

Despite the PPV occurring over ten years, the attorney for Basham claims the statute of limitations to file the lawsuit do not apply because of Basham's age at the time of the event.

Basham's complaint is WWE did not "properly stage the match and provide adequate security for its customers." Rock and Hunter are accused of “reckless, willful, and wanton conduct.”

The amount of damages Basham is seeking were not disclosed in the Courier-Journal report. Basham has requested a jury trial and compensatory and punitive damages.

A WWE
    spokesperson said they need to review the lawsuit and circumstances surrounding the alleged incident before commenting on the suit.

-- Reviewing video of the 60-minute Iron Man match, Rock and Hunter took the fight into the crowd on one occasion and fought near the ringside guardrails on several occasions.

During the fight in the crowd around the 20:00 mark of the match, the cameras momentarily lost sight of the action as chaos broke out ringside. After the wrestlers returned to ringside, the fans in the area continued to focus on one spot for the next 5-10 minutes. The lawsuit apparently does not specify at which point in the match the brawl took place or which section Basham was seated when he allegedly sustained the injuries.

Video: The one specific instance of Rock and Hunter brawling into the crowd is in this video, picking up at the 7:10 mark.

Jesus f*cking wept!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Surely thats securitys fault.
    There was none of them around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

• Advertisement

Nothing will beat his oscar worthy performance in Blade Trinity :p

Its mad how it started out kinda half decent and then just sucked more and more.

Is this a WWE produced movie?

Liz, that was a great performance! He had to be all vampirey and crap! :P

CMpunked wrote: »
    Its mad how it started out kinda half decent and then just sucked more and more.

Is this a WWE produced movie?

Liz, that was a great performance! He had to be all vampirey and crap! :P

I say it is WWE produced

I say Hunter is trying to copying The Rock by doing the comedy/disney roles :rolleyes:

I actually did enjoy HHH in Blade Trinity ;)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I actually did enjoy HHH in Blade Trinity ;)

Me too. All he had to do was look eastern European and bust heads. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

is this the film they took away from batista?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Moved to the news and runours thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Evan Bourne met with WWE creative team members backstage at RAW a few weeks ago and was told that they are working on “something big” for him and WrestleMania 27.

Bourne, who is recovering from shoulder surgery, is scheduled to return to the ring in February. WWE officials have discussed airing promo videos on RAW, with hype leading up to Bourne’s return.

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling/exc....d-wwe-raw-star/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source, Source, Source

-- Former ECW star Valentino "Big Val" Puccio passed away earlier today at the age of 45. The cause of death is not known at this time

-- Joey Mercury has been involved with WWE's Florida Championship Wrestling developmental territory helping train while he is out of action after recent surgery for a torn pec reports The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

-- The 4th Annual Mashable Awards have handed out awards to WWE and John Cena. WWE was awarded the "Most Creative Social Media Campaign" for the Stand Up for WWE campaign, while John Cena was awarded the "Most Influential Social Good Champion sponsored by Yahoo!" for his work with Make-A-Wish Foundation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: The Wrestling Observer

The news of Awesome Kong's recent arrest in Hillsborough County, Florida for driving without a valid license led one company source to quip, "Since Kong got arrested in Tampa I'd say that's proof she got a WWE gig, because you have to get arrested in Tampa to work for WWE."

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/296461413.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Dont bother clicking, theres no mugshot.
    I was hoping for one. :(

Every photo of him is a mugshot.

MikeAdamle.jpg&t=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Interesting read.
    The February 2011 issue of WWE Magazine features Triple H on the cover and talks about his return to WWE TV, focuses on him being a headliner at WrestleMania 27. Here are some highlights:

HHH on top guys leaving and new guys stepping up, and whether it affects him:
    "It does. I'd been in the ring a million times with a lot of the guys who left. Now, when you look at Wade Barrett or The Miz, these are guys that I've never been in the ring with. Do I know them? Sure, I see them all the time, but from an in-ring standpoint, I just know them the way everybody else knows them. I've never had my hands on them."

His upcoming return:
    "If I can't do this the way I feel like I should be able to, then I want to be done. And I don't want to come back here and tarnish that. I don't want to do the nostalgia run where I come out and say I'm the greatest in the world."

Wanting to be that guy:
    "There was a time when I would have argued that I was the best in the business. When I don't feel like I can perform at that level, I don't want to do it anymore. I don't want to be just a guy in the ring. I want to be the guy in the ring."

How his next run will differ from his previous runs:
    "In the past, my goal was just becoming WWE champion or World Hvt. champion. But, there's a certain time when you get beyond that. Shawn moved beyond that... I don't have to be contending for a championship. Undertaker doesn't have to be in contention. We've moved beyond needing a title to prove that we're the best. That's where I am now. (John) Cena will eventually be there."

Triple H went on to talk about how he and The Undertaker are the last two veterans left in the WWE locker room. He mentioned how there were "20 veterans and three green guys" when he started and "now, you walk into our locker room and there are 30 green guys and two veterans."

• Advertisement

So going by that wwe as a whole has had no "veterans" for the last few months then.

Bit of a slap in the face of kane, big show and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

So going by that wwe as a whole has had no "veterans" for the last few months then.

Bit of a slap in the face of kane, big show and the likes.

Hehe... there I was reading away thinking "god, for a HHH interview, he's managing not to come across as a totally obnoxious git." Then I read the last quote.

*facepalm*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm sure tripper meant massive draws because his mates Batty and HBK are gone. Wait... Cena. Taker. Mysterio. He probably doesn't watch smackdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

So Edge and Show aren't veterans either? :eek::confused:

We shouldn't be surprised really, this was the same guy who said nobody helped him get over back in the day.:pac:

(Poor Mick Foley)

The line about the company having a ton of guys who are green is a bit silly as well, Truth, Goldust, Regal and Christian have been wrestling a few years as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

- CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE United States Title is booked for RAW live events in February.

The PNE Agrodome in Vancouver is advertising these matches for it's WWE house show on February 11th, 2011:

Randy Orton vs. The Miz for the WWE Title
    John Morrison vs. Sheamus
    Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk for the US Title

from pwinsider

Source
    Retail megastore KMART will be sponsoring many of WWE's live events starting in March.
    John Cena returns to the WWE house show circuit this weekend, which is a good sign his leg injury is no longer an issue. Cena will be wrestling tonight in Chattanooga, Tennessee and on Saturday in Beaumont Texas.
    WWE has also begun promoting Triple H's return to the ring, with his next scheduled match advertised for March. Triple H will be wrestling Sheamus in a Street Fight at the 3/19 Madison Square Garden show, so his return to television is imminent.

Source
    Cody Rhodes vs. Kofi Kingston for WWE's Intercontinental Title is booked for SmackDown live events in March. Rey Mysterio vs. Wade Barrett in singles action and Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio is also booked.

Source
    WWE is planning a feud between the Big Show and Ezekiel Jackson for the future on the Smackdown brand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    WWE is planning a feud between the Big Show and Ezekiel Jackson for the future on the Smackdown brand

:( .....and Jay's mild interest in SmackDown dies a little more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Former WWE creative team member John Piermarini has started his blog (http://wrestlingrecall.blogspot.com/) in which he has released a ton of scoops regarding things that occured in the company during the two years he was employed. The blog has since been pulled (the Website does say it will be back soon) but we have managed to retain some of the things Piermarini said. Here is what he wrote about last year's Money in the Bank PPV which backs up the belief that WWE changes its plans on a regular basis:

"Walking into the arena that day Drew McIntyre was set to win the Money in the Bank briefcase. But Drew wasn’t the Superstar who was originally set to win. That was Kane, but was changed later after Kevin Dunn agreed with my philosophy that it would benefit a younger guy to carry that briefcase for a while. So it was set one week before the Pay-Per-View, Drew was to win Money in the Bank. While in the production meeting hours before the show a case was made to have Kane win the briefcase and cash in that night. The thought process? Sheamus was retaining the WWE Title; Miz was winning the RAW Money in the Bank (more on this later) and certain people felt like the average fan would have the feeling too many heels won. Keep in mind Kane would turn heel by defeating one of the most popular WWE Superstars in WWE by cashing in. None to less, the feeling was that this was the first ever Money in the Bank PPV and something needed to happen to brand this PPV as 'anything can happen.' I gave the argument that the current storyline had Kane wanting to capture the holy grail for his brother and by doing so tonight took away any future story you had with Kane trying to take it off a someone who may have 'took out' Undertaker. I added Kane should challenge Mysterio at Summerslam and go over there."

Piermarini also mentions that Randy Orton was originally scheduled to win the RAW Money in the Bank before WWE settled on The Miz.

Below is an excerpt regarding the mindset of Vince McMahon on Daniel Bryan and John Morrison:

"Vince’s philosophy on Daniel Bryan is he isn’t an ass kicker but he can beat you because he can capitalize on your mistakes. In this instance, it works. On the other hand Vince thinks John Morrison can’t kick anyone’s ass in a real fight therefore he can’t be a top babyface. Morrison has the chance to take the ball and run with it, but he is running uphill."

Here is what he wrote about popular WWE star Christian and the company's internal view of him:

"As much as it seems Christian turns into the fan favorite choice to win Money in the Bank Match each year it’s not going to happen. Christian is seen as a good hand that can help some of the younger talent and does not have a lot of support from higher ups to be a Main Event guy. Edge vs. Christian as a Main Event program has been pitched to death and rejected every time."

"Before Christian was injured a story was being developed to turn Christian heel and work a program with Matt Hardy. The seeds were being dropped on Smackdown at the time Christian was injured."

Liz won't be too happy :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement