Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

He used to be pretty decent with Cole on Smackdown, he's many levels worse in TNA. So much worse he's erased his decent commentary past, by constantly amusing himself with his nonsense. He is a disgrace to commentary. Dixie must find it hilarious Taz not paying attention to the wrestlers and putting himself over. He couldn't get away (or be re-hired in the first place) with that on RAW or SD. Maybe on FCW or, well, NXT though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 irelandguy10

so the mcmahon family angle is running through to WM30 with the rock being a main part of it , how do ye guys think that would work? could ye see a way when the rock takes over as GM i think it would be pretty cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Taz was always awful.

Had the best entrance theme in WWE history ,well maybe second best after Austin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Interesting note from last night's WWE house show:
    The Briscoes were ringside at the event (Credit:F4W)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watching this week's Wrestle Talk and found it interesting. There was an interview with DH Smith where he mentioned a lot of moves he wasn't allowed to do in WWE. I was aware of piledrivers and chair head shots being banned but he was pretty much restricted from doing any of his moves. Do have to wonder what other moves were banned or restricted we don't know about.

Also he actually called out the rules of tag teams saying how there are interference rules in place but the audience haven't been told. Like apparently a partner can only interfere to break up a pin or something once. Any more and they'll be disqualified.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Stacy Kiebler no longer Clooney's beard :P :
    Former WWE Diva Stacy Keibler is back on the market.

After spending two years together, the leggy blonde has ended her relationship with A-lister George Clooney, according to People.

The couple haven’t been seen together in recent months and it’s alleged that Stacy is the one who triggered the breakup, because her beau doesn’t want to have kids.

A source said: “Stacy called it quits. She wants to have children and a family someday. She knows where George stands on that. They talked and they quietly stopped being a couple several weeks ago.”

However, despite the split, Keibler and Clooney are said to remain on friendly terms and are still talking to one another.

The source added: “They talk every day. They were friends before they started dating and they’ll be friends after. It was a friendly [breakup].”

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Now I feel slightly less jealous of Clooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

David Flair,Test and Randy Orton were up there before Clooney (amongst many others knowing wrestling!),he must have felt inferior from day one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'll give you some kids Stacy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Watching this week's Wrestle Talk and found it interesting. There was an interview with DH Smith where he mentioned a lot of moves he wasn't allowed to do in WWE. I was aware of piledrivers and chair head shots being banned but he was pretty much restricted from doing any of his moves. Do have to wonder what other moves were banned or restricted we don't know about.

Also he actually called out the rules of tag teams saying how there are interference rules in place but the audience haven't been told. Like apparently a partner can only interfere to break up a pin or something once. Any more and they'll be disqualified.

Yeah it's crazy.
    For anyone who didnt see the show, Smith said no bridges were allowed in WWE (Northern Lights, Fishermans suplex, etc) Like you can understand not allowing brainbusters as stuff goes wrong and someone may get spiked on their head but banning basic bridging suplexes!? After all the Fishermens Suplex, or should I say the Perfect-Plex, is an age old move that should not be banned.

Then Smith went on to talk about tag team matches as CasterTroy said above. Basically you are only allowed to make the save once. But this is never explained on tv. Smith went on to rightfully say how this is a stupid choice as making various saves in a tag match adds to it.

We all remember the classic tag matches back in the day. Sure, making the save was apart of the false finishes. It added to it. Stupid to only have one.

• Advertisement

Bridges put an awful lot of stain on the neck,Lance Storm mentioned it on Austin's podcast IIRC.Probably fair enough to restrict meaningless lads like DH Smith from doing them in matches nobody will pay any attention to.

Bridges put an awful lot of stain on the neck,Lance Storm mentioned it on Austin's podcast IIRC.Probably fair enough to restrict meaningless lads like DH Smith from doing them in matches nobody will pay any attention to.

Bit harsh don't you think. I know the guy had a cup of coffee in WWE but he is the Bulldog's son. He can wrestle too. Not like he was a David Flair type who had no adaptitude for wrestling and shouldnt of been in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Bit harsh don't you think. I know the guy had a cup of coffee in WWE but he is the Bulldog's son. He can wrestle too. Not like he was a David Flair type who had no adaptitude for wrestling and shouldnt of been in the ring.

They never should have broke up Hart Dynasty. That was when they were at best, but true to Vince McMahon's nature on tag teams, he broke them up in traditional fashion, just like Cryme Tyme.

Nah,he was meaningless in the WWE,having matches on Superstars and NXT that the vast majority of the audience didn't see,or care too much about if they did.

Nah,he was meaningless in the WWE,having matches on Superstars and NXT that the vast majority of the audience didn't see,or care too much about if they did.

He worked on screen with the likes of DX, Jericho, Big Show, Miz, Jeff Hardy etc. Hardly meaningless.

I can't remember any promo or feud of his,or any of those matches you mentioned and I'm a massive wrestling fan,so I doubt he means anything to the vast majority of casual fans.

I remember Brooke Hogan turning him down on Hogan Knows Best more than anything he did in the WWE anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He worked on screen with the likes of DX, Jericho, Big Show, Miz, Jeff Hardy etc. Hardly meaningless.
    And he can work only 27 so a lot of time a head of him can see him back in wwe in a few years.

I can't remember any promo or feud of his,or any of those matches you mentioned and I'm a massive wrestling fan,so I doubt he means anything to the vast majority of casual fans.

I remember Brooke Hogan turning him down on Hogan Knows Best more than anything he did in the WWE anyways.

Or you dont pay very much attention? For the majority of his WWE career he was featured on Raw. It wasnt until after the pointless split that he went missing. Several month tag title reign, involved in the Bret vs Vince stuff, faced DX for the tag titles. He wasnt the nobody you tried to make him out to be.

I pay attention to things that entertain me,and wrestlers who WWE present as being somewhat important.He never really featured in any of those two brackets.Probably why he was released and why he hasn't been missed.

He's only 27 and still has time to develop a personality,but compared to his auld lad he was bland as bland can be during his last WWE run,in the meh Hart Dynasty and during his failed singles run.

He's like Ted Dibiase jnr. Doesn't really have much charisma or a personality. Would just be a jobber if he had stayed in the WWE.

Personally, the only guy from the new generation of Hart family members that would have been great in WWE is Teddy Hart. Say what you will about him, but there's a guy who had a personality and could get peoples attention.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

DH Smith was not a big or important part of the show which I think is the point. The Spirit squad are not remembered for how important they were but were in the ring with top talents as well.

no point in guys putting strain on their neck and killing their bodies for no reason.

As far as the pin breakups go I would think they don't wan't the break up of a pin used all the time or it loses any impact. One seems a bit strict alright, WWE probably thinik its better to have a rule in place that they can bend if its pre planned.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    DH Smith was not a big or important part of the show which I think is the point. The Spirit squad are not remembered for how important they were but were in the ring with top talents as well.

no point in guys putting strain on their neck and killing their bodies for no reason.

As far as the pin breakups go I would think they don't wan't the break up of a pin used all the time or it loses any impact. One seems a bit strict alright, WWE probably thinik its better to have a rule in place that they can bend if its pre planned.

But everything in WWE is pre-planned :pac:

WWE issued a statement on all the Bill DeMott/Kevin Matthews stuff:
    “There have been no sexual harassment complaints filed against any employee at the WWE’s training facility in Orlando. Instead there have been baseless allegations made by disgruntled talent recently released by WWE. Regardless, WWE takes these issues seriously and investigated this matter, concluding that there was no wrongdoing.”

Diva Maria went on a made rant on Twitter last night the main bit was:
    "I was offered a @wwe contract and the Bellas made sure I didn't get it. I'm not bitter. I just don't like people that mess with my career," Kanellis said. "I had to find the facts first. Now I have them."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

rovert wrote: »
    WWE issued a statement on all the Bill DeMott/Kevin Matthews stuff:

Didn't like any of the guys on that podcast, and they didn't come across very well to me (particularly Kevin Matthews) but I find it hard to believe they would blow any chance of ever working for WWE again if there wasn't some truth to what they were saying..

A lot of I heard about it, but didn't actually see it though.. :rolleyes:

There's no question that Kevin Matthews is a goof.

The previous time WWE employed Bill DeMott it for a Developmental territory called Deep South Wrestling. Complaints by Wrestlers were so bad that Bill's training sessions had to be filmed for legal reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

He mentioned bridges being tough on the neck, not bridging suplexes. I don't think that the likes of a Northern Lights Suplex has any real risk with it, to be honest, beyond the usual damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I wonder would DeMott vs The Sexual Harassment Panda draw?
    It'd be the first time the former drew a dime anyway.

Kane out of MITB?
    Earlier Tuesday, WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann provided WWE.com with an update on Kane’s condition and alluded to the possibility of Kane missing in-ring action.

“Due to the head and neck trauma suffered by Kane, we precautiously immobilized his cervical spine with a cervical collar. He’s been transported to a local trauma facility and is currently undergoing further evaluation.”

Kane was carted off on a stretcher and taken to a local medical facility after the attack.

“After [Kane] was put into the ambulance, he was coherent; he was speaking to us and following simple commands. The biggest concern that we have is any sort of brain or cervical spine trauma that may be significant enough to either warrant surgery, or an extended period of time away from the ring.”

Stay with WWE.com for further information regarding Kane’s status.

If Kane is out of MITB, who will replace him? Bray Wyatt? or even Chris Jericho or Ryback, depending on who wins in their match.

• Advertisement

I actually laughed out loud at the attack on Kane. The gap was more blatant than Test hitting the ring-post near Stacy all those years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement