Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

jesus the words cluster and fuc|< come to mind - poor morrison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

No suprise really that wwe always change there mind you'd know that watching it.As for the Christian thing who isn't suprised.The whole ass kicker thing is just baffling,no one tell vince Teddy Hart kicked CM Punks ass (I read that in Power Slam & was gutted).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Vince’s philosophy on Daniel Bryan is he isn’t an ass kicker but he can beat you because he can capitalize on your mistakes.

I'm sorry but... Jesus ****ing christ. What a mess. He could work circles around alot of the guys and more importantly look good, and BELIEVABLE doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

D.Q wrote: »
    I'm sorry but... Jesus ****ing christ. What a mess. He could work circles around alot of the guys and more importantly look good, and BELIEVABLE doing so.
    Personally, it sounds like a good gimmick for him. Better than his current one anyway IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Does that mean that danielson's matches are going to be him getting his ass handed to him and then if the opponent messes up he capitalises and turns it into a submission/technical move?
    Thats it? Thats his whole offence?

Whats the difference in that and mysterio?!
    Whenever mysterio is in the ring he has the sh!t knocked out of him, but all his opponent has to do is run towards rey and he drops him onto the second rope, strings together a few moves (619, splash) and its usually over.

If this is the same way they book bryan then thats not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

One WWE main eventer has been telling people close to him that he’s looking to leave the company when his current deal expires. Speculation is that wrestler is World Heavyweight Champion Edge, who has a deal until 2012.
    It’s said that three or four other WWE wrestlers are looking to leave when their contracts are up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

glenjamin wrote: »
    Liz won't be too happy :(

Probably worth its own thread but the rest of that MitB blog is here since Creative Recall's (posts) down and may or may not "be back soon".

Someone's posted all of them here.

I was reading them this morning. They're interesting although I don't agree with some of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source

WWE announced earlier today during their investors call that the Diva Search will be returning in 2011. It will take place during normal WWE programming over ten weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Source

WWE announced earlier today during their investors call that the Diva Search will be returning in 2011. It will take place during normal WWE programming over ten weeks.
    Maybe A-Ri can host this one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Voltwad wrote: »
    Maybe A-Ri can host this one :pac:

I hear Andy Gray is available :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Source

As if the fast forward button on my remote wasn't already worn out enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

WWE Chief Operating Officer (COO) Donna Goldsmith has parted ways with WWE, the company announced on Friday.

Goldsmith's effective resignation date is one month from now on February 28. As a high-ranking executive, she is entitled to a severance package. WWE did not identify who will replace Goldsmith.

The official statement reads: "Donna N. Goldsmith will leave her positions as Director and Chief Operating Officer of WWE and pursue other interests."

Goldsmith, who has been with WWE for ten years, slowly moved up the ranks in WWE's corporate structure. She was Executive VP of Consumer Products prior to becoming COO in January 2009, replacing Mike Sileck.

In her two years as COO, Goldsmith helped facilitate WWE's master toy deal with Mattel that has helped boost merchandising revenue during a business downturn.
    http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_47170.shtml

Apparently, this is the woman who was the major force behind WWE's PG direction.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Booker T was introduced as the newest member of the SmackDown announce team at tonight's SmackDown taping in Long Island, New York, replacing Matt Striker. The team now consists of the returning Superstar, Michael Cole and Josh Mathews.

He performed the "Spin-a-Roonie" in the ring before joining his new colleagues at the announce desk.

As reported earlier, Booker T returned to World Wrestling Entertainment to announce as well as wrestle. His new role with the company is being compared to that of Jerry Lawler's since he announces and wrestles.

Booker T, along with Kevin Nash, returned to WWE Sunday to participate in the 40-Man Royal Rumble Match. He entered the battle royal at number twenty-one and was ultimately eliminated by Mason Ryan.

The six-time world champion reportedly signed a long-term contract with the organization

Source

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has revealed that he will never wrestle again via his official Facebook page. In a new feature on his page where he responds in depth to a fan question, he kicked it off by answering whether he would return to WWE.

His complete response is:

"...to "the Rock's millions and millions"...who will forever be my family.. ..my honest and direct answer to you is this: I left the WWE because I had succeeded in accomplishing every goal I set to achieve. ...I've never done this before, but I will now because I feel it's important you know..let me share with you the goals I set for myself in the WWE so you can have a better understanding and perspective.. - become the youngest WWE World Champion - help set box office and attendance records in every arena in the country - help set PPV buy rate records ..the final two and my most important goals to achieve in wrestling: - become the most entertaining and electrifying performer the WWE had ever seen or will ever see again - take the brass ring of the WWE that Vince McMahon had faithfully allowed me to earn and take it places it had never gone before...to trailblaze...to break new ground...to achieve unprecedented greatness for not only for myself and the fans to enjoy...but for the business of professional wrestling itself and the WWE... A business and company that is in my blood and that I will love forever. ...I achieved these goals in the WWE at 30 years old and decided then to HUMBLY and QUIETLY step away and retire. ..and set my sights on another goal...a childhood dream...Hollywood. ..will I ever come back to the WWE? of course I will..not a match though, but in a capacity that would allow me to do so much more.. I LOVE that company and the fans...without the two I would not be standing where I am today... Vince and myself stay very closely connected and when the opportunity is right - which will be alot sooner than you think - we will do something electrifying and historic for the fans...he and I were toying with the idea of a special show called "ROCK RAW"... sounds like a perfect title for me to come back and SLAP THE LIPS OFF THOSE JABRONIS and LAYETH THE SMACKETH DOWN ON AAAAALLLLL THEIR CANDY ASSES!!! sorry...got carried away..I'll save that one of a kind electricity for Rock Raw.. ...it is important to me to say this from my heart - to the incredibly loyal "..The Rock's Millions and Millions..." and the entire WWE UNIVERSE...I am forever humbled and grateful to you for allowing me the HONOR to entertain you over the years...you have my word I will continue to entertain you in ways like no one else...it's only just the beginning... I dream big...and we've achieved those dreams together because you never left my side..I love you for that and thank you... I am Dwayne Johnson...and I will also always be The Rock."

Source
    For the Raw show that will be held on March 28 in Chicago, Ill. Triple H is advertised in an eight-man tag main event. Hunter will team with Randy Orton, Edge, and John Cena to face the team of The Miz, C.M. Punk, Alberto Del Rio, and Wade Barrett.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Seems strange.... When is Mania? Usually in these kind of matches they have all the people who are facing eachother in the next ppv against eachother so...

Miz vs. Cena
    Orton vs. Punk
    Edge vs. Del Rio
    HHH vs. Barrett??

or

Miz vs. Cena
    Orton vs. Barrett
    Edge vs. Del Rio
    HHH vs. Punk??

Looks bad for Sheamus.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Maybe they plan on havin HHH take out Sheamus at WM just like he took him out last year at Extreme Rules?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

As hard as it is to read that, im glad he addressed it.

As a wrestling fan i felt like he just walked away from us, got another job and was a little bit ashamed of his history/past as a wrestler.

But from reading that i guess i have a newfound respect for the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Barrett keeping up kayfabe in McDonalds

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6338/barrettmcdonalds.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Pentecost wrote: »

I'm Lovin' It!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

don't you mean:

I'M LOVIlsudoifflopj.jpg IT!!

I'll get me coat!

Source

Beth Phoenix recently spoke with Slam Wrestling to promote this weekend's SmackDown live event in Toronto. Some highlights:-
    Attending a WWE tryout years ago with Gail Kim & Traci Brooks:
    "Gail Kim was signed that day and became women's champion just a couple of months later. It was crazy how much talent came out of that area, and still is successful to this day, Gail being a WWE diva as well, a former TNA champion, women's champion."

Her relationship with Natalya:
    "One really important thing for me while I was injured was Natalya. Natalya and I are very close, and have been for many, many years, and been there for each other through the thick and thin, the ups and downs of our jobs. She was a wonderful, positive influence on my life. She was going through a lot too with LayCool on television. We were kind of each other's rock during the rough times. Even the Hitman [Bret Hart] has gone out of his way and given me a lot of encouragement. That meant a lot to me, because he was one of my childhood heroes. It was wonderful to have them motivating me along when the going got tough. That's why me being able to come back at Survivor Series and share in her title victory meant a lot to me because it was a long road for both of us to get there."

Her tables match at TLC in December:
    "It was kind of cool because in WWE, I'd only had a couple of opportunities to do something like that and the tables opportunity was unique. I think in all WWE history, there's never been a female tag team tables match. Every little bit that I get to raise the bar for the divas is very special to me."

The WWE Divas division:
    "With our company, we have a moniker with the divas: Smart, Sexy and Powerful. Our company is really big on us not just being beautiful, not just being about our looks, but also presenting our girls as role models. Most of our divas are greatly educated and would be happy to talk to you about current events and important issues. I think that we all work hard to be something that little girls want to emulate -- not just Barbie dolls, we're more than that."

Awesome Kong in WWE:
    "There's been a lot of chatter around about her being signed by WWE. I think a lot of people, their first inclination is to think that it would be quite a clash to see us in the ring together. If we get that opportunity, it will be amazing. I look forward to it. She and I have never wrestled each other, not even on the independent scene or anything. I think it will be quite the spectacle to have Awesome Kong and Beth Phoenix in the same ring at the same time. Hopefully we'll get to see that in the near future."

Source

CM Punk responded to Jim Ross recently calling him the best villain. Punk wrote on Twitter: "When somebody I respect offers me glowing compliments, it's better than any payday. Harley Race, Pat Patterson, Blackjack Lanza and now Jim Ross say I'm the best villain? Who am I to argue?"

No source, but word going round is that Shaul Guerrero, daughter of Eddie & Vickie, has been renamed Raquel Diaz in FCW where she is training...

Source
    WWE officials have reportedly discussed doing a major heel turn with Kelly Kelly soon on the SmackDown brand. Vince McMahon is said to be high on Kelly. The turn will likely come out of her ongoing relationship with Drew McIntyre.

Vince McMahon is said to be high on Kelly.

No doubt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Former WWF 80's wrestler John Croitoru(Johnny K-9) charged with murder:

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/477938--former-hamilton-gang-leader-charged-in-b-c-murder

Readers of Jericho's first book might remember him better as the ''True to the crew'' guy who challenged Jericho to a fight when Jericho was wrestling for SMW.
    One scary guy!

Former WWF 80's wrestler John Croitoru(Johnny K-9) charged with murder:

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/477938--former-hamilton-gang-leader-charged-in-b-c-murder

Readers of Jericho's first book might remember him better as the ''True to the crew'' guy who challenged Jericho to a fight when Jericho was wrestling for SMW.
    One scary guy!

Wonder what Chris' thoughts on that are!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/major-update-on-rey-mysterios-contract-status-wwe-future-124309
    WrestleZone has exclusively learned that WWE is under the impression that when Rey Mysterio's contract expires with the company in a little less than a year, the popular luchador will not be renewing.
    "Rey feels his time in WWE is up," a key WWE insider told us this evening,"his performance in the Elimination Chamber is a perfect example of Rey being used in the right fashion by WWE management. He really worked hard to get Edge over the right way, even though it's obvious there are no big plans for Rey at Wrestlemania."
    WrestleZone was also told about a creative meeting in which a suggestion was made that since Alberto Del Rio is the #1 contender to the World's Heavyweight Championship, consideration should be given to Rey Mysterio winning the title, and making the championship match at Wrestlemania a match between two Mexican nationals.
    "The thought was to appeal to the large Latino community in Atlanta," we were told, "and to attempt to promote the match the same way UFC promoted Cain Velasquez's fight against Brock Lesnar."
    WrestleZone was told the pitch was never even made to WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, because both Raw lead writer Brian Gewirtz and Smackdown lead writer Michael Hayes have been told Mysterio "will most likely not be re-signing after his current deal is up."
    We have been told WWE would like to do some sort of merchandise agreement with Mysterio, but the negotiations haven't gotten to that stage yet.

• Advertisement

BoxOfficeMojo.com is reporting that WWE Studios' latest film starring Triple H failed to rank amongst the top 20 grossing films of this weekend. The number 20 ranked film took in $1,670, which means "The Chaperone" took in even less. It should also be noted that the bottom 5 films on the list were playing in fewer theaters than "The Chaperone," which played on 10 screens.

Roger Moore of the Chicago Tribune posted a scathing review of "The Chaperone," and the following is an excerpt: "Levesque isn't over-the-top enough to make his big-guy-disciplines-unruly-kids gags work. And without laughs, we're left to consider how inane the script is and how it wastes the few actors hired to bring their comedy chops.

It's enough to make you throw in the towel on the whole WWE moviemaking cage match."

Source: Wrestlezone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement