Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

According to Wrestling Observer Epico & Primo's new gimmick is a Matador tag team:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jaysus I forgot about Epico and Primo. One of them needs to come out (too soon :o) or hook up with one of the "WWE Divas" on E! cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Apparently Del Rio and Drew McIntyre got battered on Saturday. Explains Del Rio's face at Summerslam.

Huge image.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2m5h20h.jpg

Rey Mysterio is advertised for this weekend's live events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Hulk Hogan has said he wants Thor actor Chris Hemsworth to play him in a biopic about his life and career.

Speaking to the Cape Breton Post in Toronto, Hogan revealed that two Hollywood writers are writing a script and that they have “nailed” a four-page outline of the film.

"It’s like they were living in my shoes,” said the former WWE star.

“I think we need a serious, serious actor that knows what he's doing," he continued. "You know who I thought would be good? That guy that did that action movie, ‘Thor’."

Praising the two unidentified screenwriters he said: "They were huge Hulk Hogan fans, so they followed not only the smoke and mirrors that you see on TV, but they followed personally what I was going through: the divorce, the car accident, all the drama, the eight back surgeries, the hip replacements, the knee replacements.”

He added that the writers had “wrestling in their blood”.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He added that the writers had “wrestling in their blood”.

Its probably Bischoff and Hervey. :rolleyes:

Modern Family's Eric Stonestreet makes mistake:
    https://vine.co/v/hOg6FHjr0U2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭Riddle101

rovert wrote: »
    Modern Family's Eric Stonestreet makes mistake:
    https://vine.co/v/hOg6FHjr0U2

I remember seeing a video him at a UFC event. It was actually when Jim Ross, Stone Cold and Goldberg were also there and they were being interviewed. He can be seen behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    “I think we need a serious, serious actor that knows what he's doing," he continued. "You know who I thought would be good? That guy that did that action movie, ‘Thor’."

*snicker*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There shouldn't be anyone playing Hulk Hogan other than Craig T Nelson, he even has the hair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

rovert wrote: »
    Rey Mysterio is advertised for this weekend's live events.

He was the guy I thought Ricardo was now going to represent. I thought that would have made more sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Rey Mysterio was recently interviewed by Arda Ocal after the WWE2K14 panel this weekend.

The WWE 2K14 panel with Flair: “It was a piece of history that was laid on that panel right now. [Laughs] I’m sure pretty soon – if not now – it should be out on YouTube so check it out.”

When he plans to return: “I was really hoping for SummerSlam, that was my main goal. But since it didn’t happen, I’m pushing it one monthback, so September.”

His favourite WrestleMania match: “WrestleMania III, which was Randy Savage vs. Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

PWI 500 Top 30:
    1. John Cena
    2. CM Punk
    3. Hiroshi Tanahashi
    4. Bully Ray
    5. Kazuchika Okada
    6. Sheamus
    7. Jeff Hardy
    8. Alberto Del Rio
    9. Dolph Ziggler
    10. Kevin Steen
    11. Daniel Bryan
    12. Austin Aries
    13. Ryback
    14. Big Show
    15. Randy Orton
    16. Kane
    17. Suwama
    18. Antonio Cesaro
    19. James Storm
    20. Kofi Kingston
    21. Wade Barrett
    22. KENTA
    23. Kurt Angle
    24. Bobby Roode
    25. Chris Jericho
    26. Dean Ambrose
    27. Jay Briscoe
    28. AJ Styles
    29. Jack Swagger
    30. Takeshi Morishima

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This is based on match results right?

Don't think it's based on anything anymore judging by the list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I always thought it was a kayfabe based list?

It's supposed to be,but judging by some of the placings I think Apter just picks it at random these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

No clue what the criteria is based on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    No clue what the criteria is based on that.

Complete kayfabe. Based on win/loss, championships won, status within their own feds and more. Ryback so high up should prove that

jonnybadd wrote: »
    Complete kayfabe. Based on win/loss, championships won, status within their own feds and more. Ryback so high up should prove that

CM Punk is second place. I think he has lost all but one PPV matches in 2013. He lost the title in January and hasnt held any others since. That's PPV performances and titles out of the equation since he ranked so highly.

Cesaro is often on a losing streak, hasnt held any titles lately, and is well down the pecking order, yet ranks higher than the former ROH Champion, Jay Briscoe, along with several others like Angle, Jericho and even the likes of Ambrose who would be of a higher status within their company.

Cesaro's partner, Swagger, is ranked even lower yet has done pretty much the same as Cesaro but with a World title program thrown into the mix.

It's completely random from the look of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Not completely random but I get what you're saying. What I said above was pulled from pwi itself as best as I could remember.

They forgot the Young Bucks so yeah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ridiculous list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Did Yurple the clown make the list?

Great Triple H interview:
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9588366/view/full/an-interview-wwe-superstar-corporate-officer-triple-h

Rock might not be at Wrestlemania next year:
    It looks as though the WWE is going right now with the assumption that Dwayne Johnson won’t be back next year as a short-term regular character as he’s been the past three years. According to information given to a major licensee this past week that has a deal where they are told who to products with but they have creative license to produce whatever they want with those characters, they were told not to produce any merchandise involving The Rock. They were told he could be used as far as a group shot of superstars but not to produce anything specific because he was not going to be featured until 2015. It was taken as a sign that he’s not doing WrestleMania this year, but I don’t know if that was outright said or just as assumption made over the call not to merchandise him individually. What’s notable is that Johnson is on the cover of the current video game and there was obviously hope that he’d do some television and media for the game at the time of the late October launch.

But this lad might be

Goldberg.png
    WWE and Bill Goldberg are now in talks, which adds to the list of the people who in the past it seemed they would never do business with. Goldberg, even more than Ultimate Warrior, had been someone in the past they had wanted no involvement with, but the policy now seems to be to mend fences with any former superstar to the public who had past bitterness. There has been talk of him doing next year’s WrestleMania. I don’t know that it’s against Ryback, but I almost can’t imagine it wouldn’t be. Goldberg would be 47, but still trains hard and is in good shape and has been open to the idea of doing one big match because his son wasn’t born during his heyday and never saw him as a wrestling star. Plus, there’s always a potential Hall of Fame since he has a name, even though in the past HHH buried the idea of Goldberg in the Hall of Fame saying he didn’t have enough longevity. But views change over time and HHH was tremendously conciliatory to Bruno Sammartino and tried to be with Warrior as well.

Credit: Wrestling Observer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Brock vs Goldberg II

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Tinie wrote: »
    Brock vs Goldberg II

I did read something about a Brock/Goldberg WM rematch ten years on from the original when both were leaving the WWE after it but the other possibility would be as stated above...

hqdefault.jpg

would think the first one would be as likely and obviously a bigger money match but I wouldnt expect either to be great matches so would maybe prefer the latter cos that way maybe Brock could wrestle someone else and that could be a great match. Obviously Brock/Rock would be plan A if Rock could be got involved and then if Goldberg was also at mania Ryback would probably be the logical opponent for him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Partial Source: Pwinsider
    With John Cena out for four to six months, talent within the WWE locker room have been told that this is their time to step up and help the company. They were also told that if there was ever a time for them to be able and step up and become a star, that this was the time.

As of now, Cena is not expected back until the Royal Rumble at the earliest.

Partial Source: Pwinsider
    With John Cena out for four to six months, talent within the WWE locker room have been told that this is their time to step up and help the company. They were also told that if there was ever a time for them to be able and step up and become a star, that this was the time.

As of now, Cena is not expected back until the Royal Rumble at the earliest.

Expected back in January, thats early November at the latest so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Even if out injured for that long, how long until he's back to give an update? Think keeping him off for the duration is the best thing. His position is pretty safe so he shouldn't be in a rush back and this is a good time for WWE to see who else they have.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement