Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I think for his own sake and probably for that of the company he should stay out until the end of this calender year, even if he gets himself fit earlier than that. With both him and Sheamus gone it creates the space needed for someone new to step up as a top face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

AJ Lee interview

Developing an unexpected friendship with Dolph: “Yeah, the really funny thing is that somewhere along the way, Dolph and I and E became really good friends, which is so weird. Especially since a year ago, I think Dolph and I actually hated each other… just for no reason! We were just like, ‘We’re so opposite.’ Like, ‘He’s such a douche bag,’ and he thought I was the biggest nerd. We were just mean to each other. And then to work together so much, where we are traveling together and go to dinner together and we enjoy each other’s company, it’s so funny to me.”
    Moving on after SummerSlam: “It feels like we’re all going to leave SummerSlam and go our separate ways, and that is the saddest thing in the world to me. But it’s really cool that three of my best friends right now in the industry will all be together at Summer Slam.”
    Her character being out of the limelight: “It’s scary territory because, who knows, I could be gone for a little while. It might be time for some other people to step up, and I think we have a lot of girls that are doing some cool stuff right now. It might be their time to shine, and I’m okay with that. So it might be kinda cool to take a step back. But it’ll also be interesting to see what I can do on my own. I don’t think I’ve been by myself for awhile. I have E, but he’s not even allowed to be out there for my matches anymore, so I feel very much alone. It’s kind of scary to see what I can do by myself. We’ll find out.”
    Being in the fans’ shoes: “Any time there’s a girl crying, it reminds me of that. I’m like, ‘It’s just me! I’m such a loser.’ I feel like I should be in line with everybody getting somebody’s autograph, because that’s what I did.”
    Making her Diva style easy to imitate: “I wanted you to be able to go to a mall and buy my outfit. You could literally go to a Target and get everything that I wear on TV. So that’s the coolest thing in the world to me.”
    Her character having shades of gray: “I can see where she’s very much right in the situation with Dolph. He just had a concussion, Del Rio was pulling down his knee brace, he was going to give him another concussion, and I stepped in and tried to protect him. And then I get dumped and then made fun of every week and then speared even week and I’m not starting a fight with anyone. [Laughs] So I think that’s kind of hilarious, that I’m supposed to be the bad guy. But I like that. I like that it’s up to how you interpret it. I think that’s more fun to play, and I think people respond better when they get to make their own choices.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Cool little feature on WWE.com with Kevin Eck about his time in charge of WCW Magazine:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wcw/wcw-magazine-uncovered-kevin-eck-26142836

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

But I laugh, like, when writers say "Oh, CM Punk laid the pipe bomb and lifted the fourth wall in a promo."31 So let me get this straight, you think we put him out on TV, he broke ****ing everything we were supposed to do, and then sat down Indian-style and started blistering everybody, and we didn't think Let's take him off the air? If that would've been a shoot, it would've been off the air the second he started.

Is this the first time anyone in WWE acknowledged it was scripted? I believe even Punk still tries to claim it a shoot. Surprised HHH would give the truth away, even if it is quite obvious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Hulk Hogan did the job to disgraced Toronto Mayor Tom Ford today:
    8603_original.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hogan jobbing? O_O

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

He jobs but his overselling is almost at a Shawn Michaels at Summerslam 2005 level.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Is this the first time anyone in WWE acknowledged it was scripted? I believe even Punk still tries to claim it a shoot. Surprised HHH would give the truth away, even if it is quite obvious.

I remember listening to a Punk interview with ESPN Radio I think it was in between MITB and when he reappeared basically saying that he gave them a rough outline of what he was going to say that night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Handbags at dawn over Triple H's Grantland interview and his comments about the dirtsheets, brah:
    http://fightgameblog.com/2013/08/triple-h-hates-dirt-sheets/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

October 6 2013 (formally WWE Over The Limit) WWE BATTLEGROUND!

Heres the poster!

batlleground_zps93a161e3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

October 6 2103 (formally WWE Over The Limit) WWE BATTLEGROUND!

There's no way Creative thinks that far ahead! :p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

HA! awful typo! leave me alone - it was early! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I did read something about a Brock/Goldberg WM rematch ten years on from the original when both were leaving the WWE after it but the other possibility would be as stated above...I would think the first one would be as likely and obviously a bigger money match but I wouldnt expect either to be great matches so would maybe prefer the latter cos that way maybe Brock could wrestle someone else and that could be a great match. Obviously Brock/Rock would be plan A if Rock could be got involved and then if Goldberg was also at mania Ryback would probably be the logical opponent for him.

Think they should leave Brock/Goldberg alone tbh.

I'd like to see him work with Ryback.

He'll never be the same as he was in WCW though, the stars just aligned for the streak, right man, right place, right look, right time. He had an aura about him and the fans loved him. He also looked like he could break anyone in two with his bare hands. The Streak is still one of my favorite memories of wrestling growing up, shame it ended the way it did. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Actually sad to hear this. Thought he was a good talent and if used correctly could have been champ down the line.
    WWE Superstar Ted DiBiase Jr. recently uploaded a new video to his official YouTube channel where he explains that he is going to let his current contract with WWE expire. Basically, DiBiase is quitting the company.

SOURCE: http://rajah.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Lol, yesterday I said Ted Debiase jnr would be the next Stone Cold Steve Austin as a joke on another forum when asked who will be the next Rock/Austin. Now I find he's been sacked. Guess I'm going to have to go with JTG as my new choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Obvious question now is if its legit or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Obvious question now is if its legit or not.

I don't think DiBiase's of high enough stature to start an internet gimmick/swerve, that's more TNA style (D-Von last year!). And if he did it himself WWE would probably accept it as a resignation :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I don't think DiBiase's of high enough stature to start an internet gimmick/swerve, that's more TNA style (D-Von last year!). And if he did it himself WWE would probably accept it as a resignation :p

Until everyone campaigns for him to stay.
    Well almost everyone.
    Some people?
    A couple people?
    Anyone?

Bueller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Who are Los matadors?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Who are Los matadors?

Primo and Epico

• Advertisement

Source

WWE reporters caught up with Eva Marie and The Bella Twins after last night’s RAW. Brie Bella said she’s going to prove that Natalya isn’t the only veteran on the Divas roster.
    Natalya also spoke to WWE.com reporters but had words for AJ Lee after her much talked about promo. Natalya called her a walking contradiction. Natalya doesn’t believe AJ is a victim and doesn’t buy the whole “homeless, sleeping in my car” deal because she had money to attend WWE live events. Natalya said AJ made her bed and now gets to sleep in it.

Worked interview for Total Divas storyline I'd say.

Worked interview for Total Divas storyline I'd say.

Anyone else think Natalya looked to be nodding in agreement with AJ during her pipe bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Who are Los matadors?
    Tito Santana back for revenge? :(

Creepy Mick Foley has been white knighting again,the Bellas have replaced Melina this time though.

From his Facebook:
    "It's been a memorable Raw; an intense and disturbing physical encounter between Paul Heyman and CM Punk, a tremendous match-up between Christian and Randy Orton..and the looming danger to Orton's new Escalade (which, as of this writing, is still unscathed.) So why is it that I'm writing this post about the Divas division, feeling as if I need to intervene and stick up for Bri and Nikki Bella – two young ladies who seem more than capable of sticking up for themselves?

First, before I speak up for the Bellas, how about I acknowledge that AJ Lee delivered one of the finest promos – male or female – that I've seen on Raw in quite a while. That's really saying something, considering that Paul Heyman and CM Punk have been doing some of their finest mic work on the show on a regular basis, and that Daniel Bryan has been (wait, the Escalade just got spray-painted) an absolute joy to watch, as he finds new depth in his persona on an almost weekly basis.

Yes, that was an amazing promo by AJ – primarily because she believed every word of it to be true..or at least it seemed that way to this 28 year wrestling veteran. After all, going back to the lessons I learned from Michael PS Hayes, a heel is always at their most believable and frightening and believable when they absolutely believe in their own words and actions. AJ's words were convincing and seem to be the ones being embraced by the WWE Universe. I know many people look at Bri and Nikki and see two beautiful women who have been given their spot in the company due to their beauty and choice in boyfriends.

That's not what I see when I look at Bri and Nikki. I see two strong, proud women who walked away from WWE in April 2012 following a legitimate business disagreement with the company. Bri and Nikki wanted to have more say in what they could and could not do outside of WWE. The company disagreed. I know that feeling. I've been there. The Bellas took a stand and walked away. I know that feeling too. But they didn't do it the Mick Foley way – whining and complaining, and (ask Layla about this sometime) even yelling a little bit. They did it the right way. They took a stand, did everything they were asked to do, and left with their heads held high; earning a heightened respect from everyone they dealt with on their way out.

And when they returned, they came back with a piece of the puzzle that had been missing from the Divas division. They returned with "Total Divas" – the vehicle the entire Divas division has driven to new heights of acceptance and mainstream recognition. I've often wondered why AJ wasn't part of the show. Obviously, she's a unique character and an extremely talented wrestler. I would have really enjoyed the opportunity to see her outside the ring – to see how much AJ the performer and AJ the character had in common. I could completely understand any hard feelings she might harbor against the Bellas in that regard. But the idea that the Bellas haven't worked for everything they've received is just plain wrong from this Hall of Famer's perspective."

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

They are talentless from this keyboard warrior's perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Isn't AJ only 26?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I find the Bellas to be passable diva heels, but yeah, can't say a lot for their in ring abilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Foley pulling one for the micker again. Lets hope for his own sake Mr. Socko is in the wash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Isn't AJ only 26?

Yep. She is about six months older than me, which means I have a chance! :D:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement