Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It's funny, Vince is all about sports entertainment;
    He tried sports with the xfl and it failed.
    Now trying entertainment through movies and with the exception of 12 rounds, each one has bombed critically and financially.

Makes you wonder why he's even bothering!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Source: Wrestlezone
    Roger Moore of the Chicago Tribune posted a scathing review of "The Chaperone," and the following is an excerpt: "Levesque isn't over-the-top enough to make his big-guy-disciplines-unruly-kids gags work. And without laughs, we're left to consider how inane the script is and how it wastes the few actors hired to bring their comedy chops.
    That review is going to leave Triple H shaken, but not stirred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source, Source and Source

- While this isn't confirmed at all, there's a rumor that WWE Velocity will be returning on Wednesday nights at 8pm EST, beginning May 11th on MyNetworkTV. Take it for what it's worth for now.

If that happens, we're looking at:

Sunday - PPV
    Monday - Raw and Tough Enough (both USA Network)
    Tuesday - NXT (wwe.com)
    Wednesday - Velocity (MyNet TV)
    Thursday - Superstars (WGN America)
    Friday - SmackDown (SyFy)

-- Preliminary pay-per-view purchase estimates for the 2011 Royal Rumble is 449,000 buys, slightly down from last year (462,000). The figure is in line with 2009, which drew 450,000 buys.

-- Rey Mysterio posted on Twitter:

"The rumor is I might B retiring soon! NOT TRUE, got many years left of entertaining my FANS!U guys keep me going! Luv it! Los quieroUnChingo"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

If Velocity returns WWE MUST rehire A-Train & Funaki to reignite they're EPIC feud.

GTR63 wrote: »
    If Velocity returns WWE MUST rehire A-Train & Funaki to reignite they're EPIC feud.

With Jonathan Coachman and Michael Hayes on commentary.

• Advertisement

Just read on ewrestlingnews.com that 61 year old Jerry Lawler is dating a 20 year old fcw diva.A 41 year difference,he's old enough to be her Dad or Grandad.

Just read on ewrestlingnews.com that 61 year old Jerry Lawler is dating a 20 year old fcw diva.A 41 year difference,he's old enough to be her Dad or Grandad.

Isn't she a bit old for him?

Triple H told the New York Post that Vince and Linda McMahon are great grandparents. "Both McMahons love the grandchildren," Hunter said. "Come around all the time. Take them to school. Their house even has sleepovers. I did appearances and campaign rallies for my mother-in-law. She's great and staying politically involved. (Joe) Lieberman's not running again so she can try once more in 2012."

Hunter also spoke about his move to acting. "I'm also a WWE executive," Hunter said. "I'm a wrestling fan. As a boy I watched it on TV with my father. At 20, I met a guy and the rest is history. Right away you get a flashy trick name so you're a superhero come to life. Nobody pays $20 to see his next-door neighbor.*

"Wrestling's made me rich. Very. But everyone's surprised that a wrestler can be not only talented but also articulate. Listen, we're theater actors. Bad guy versus good guy. It's a show. We're onstage telling a story through our actions." To read the full story, visit NYPost.com.

Powell's POV: For what it's worth, Vince's past and present employees have said that he's a different person when the grandchildren are around. It's always fun to hear stories about the fun-loving, "other side" of Vince. As for Hunter, I just hope that people want to pay $20 to see someone other than him and Undertaker after that promo he cut on Monday night.
    Source

*Ive never heard it being put so eloquently before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Source

Ryan Nemeth, the younger brother of Dolph Ziggler, who has been working in OVW over the last year, has been signed to a WWE developmental deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Nobody pays $20 to see his next-door neighbor.

I would!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsqymjsMB2Co2IeYoEknaF7AWD0zmnM4WsFpHoIQP3N5I7l76DhQ

• Advertisement

Source:

Former WWE tag team champion Shad Gaspard was arrested yesterday in Columbus, OH after what his wife claims was a jaywalking incident that turned into a case of racial profiling.

Shad's wife Siliana tells TMZ her husband did not resist when a cop tried to bust him for jaywalking as he made his way to the Arnold Fitness EXPO. She says Shad got into a kneeling position to show he was not resisting ... but the cops shoved his face into the dirt anyway.

Siliana tells us, "They are profiling him. He's being treated like a n****r."

Former UFC champ Josh Barnett, who was with Gaspard at the time, seemed to back up Shad's version of events on his Twitter page, posting last night, "Shad Gaspard arrested because a Columbus officer abuses his authority. False jaywalking charge + attitude turns to handcuffs and tackling."

According to law enforcement, Gaspard -- who as part of the tag team Cryme Tyme once held the tag team title -- was arrested for resisting arrest and obstructing official business.

Calls to the Columbus PD were not returned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Former WWE tag team champion Shad Gaspard was arrested yesterday in Columbus, OH after what his wife claims was a jaywalking incident that turned into a case of racial profiling.

I hear he was JTG walking

*crickets*

Thank you! I'll be here all week! :P

Rumours through the grape vine says that...
    WWE offered "The Last Outlaw" Ron Prince over $25,000 for the moniker. He instead asked for a Developmental contract. WWE signed Prince to a contract under the agreement that if he signed, they would get the rights to his name. They then fired him 3 months later (I believe he had one FCW match)...and are now marketing it to Taker.
    What d'ya reckon? Pretty dastardly or just business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

jaykhunter wrote: »

If they didn't want to sign him in the first place he was never going to last long was he? Should have taken the 25k. Just business.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I hope he makes it big in TNA so he can stick it to WWE

TheTosh wrote: »
    I hope he makes it big in TNA so he can stick it to WWE

I hear he beats Sting for the title next week :p

WWE offered "The Last Outlaw" Ron Prince over $25,000 for the moniker. He instead asked for a Developmental contract. WWE signed Prince to a contract under the agreement that if he signed, they would get the rights to his name. They then fired him 3 months later (I believe he had one FCW match)...and are now marketing it to Taker.

What a legend!
    He should have asked for a fully fledged contract for at least a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I'd have taken the 25k for sure. Don't mind it used as a promo but not as Taker's entrance! It's just wrong!

From WWE's facebook:

Just announced: "Jersey Shore" star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi will bring the party to WWE Monday Night Raw March 14 as the Raw Guest Star!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

From WWE's facebook:

Just announced: "Jersey Shore" star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi will bring the party to WWE Monday Night Raw March 14 as the Raw Guest Star!

*Face desk*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Didnt Tna do this already ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A new NWA Champion was crowned last night. While it may not hold the same value it once did, I am thrilled to see this man get such a belt....

From WWE's facebook:

Snooki,who the hell has a name like that. This Jersey Shore thing is a load of bollocks,no wonder Russo loves it.

Snooki,who the hell has a name like that. This Jersey Shore thing is a load of bollocks,no wonder Russo loves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source
    TNA wrestler Magnus (aka Nick Aldis) recently spoke to Bob Bamber of The Own Goal blog about working with WWE stars Wade Barrett, Sheamus and Drew McIntyre.
    Speaking of Sheamus, Magnus said "Sheamus, from the first time I met him and saw the way he packaged himself and promoted himself, he gets it."
    When talking about Wade Barrett (aka Stu Bennett), Magnus said "The thing that I always said is that Stu had was he a real presence, like he has that kind of walk into the room and big booming voice and a real presence about him. When they see that, they'll capitalize on it."
    Magnus also discussed his relationship with Brother Ray. "He's been very good to me and has been one of the most positive influences on my career so far."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Aint no Stopping Him.

Shelton Benjamin worked a WWE dark match last night v Curt Hawkins.

http://twitter.com/Sheltyb803
    for now all i can say is i may or may not be returning to wwe, but tonight was a good time.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Aint no Stopping Him.

They should give him a manger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Headshot wrote: »
    They should give him a manger

michael cole would do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Aint no Stopping Him.

He is back no doubt for his usual spot fests in MITB match at Mania

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

sky88 wrote: »
    michael cole would do

A Cole-led, obnoxious heel stable would be awesome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement