Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

GTR63 wrote: »
    Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
    A major UFC name is reportedly meeting with WWE this week about working for them in 2014.
    No name was given, but it is not Chael Sonnen. Sonnen previously expressed an interest in becoming a pro wrestler.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/21337/report-a-major-ufc-star-meeting-with-wwe

I'm gonna say Frank Mir if its true.

Josh Barnett maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Adiboo wrote: »
    Josh Barnett maybe?

Nah Josh has actually beaten someone lately(Mir) if Frank gets beat by Overeem hard to know where he goes in the division. Down even further the rankings, the overeem one has a loser leaves town look to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Cain Velasquez or Alistair Overeem. So Brock Lesnar can get his win back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

wrestling and MMA should be kept as far apart from each other as possible imo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

don't remember seeing this poster here

Survivor_series_2013.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Funny note about the dark match main event of the NXT tapings last Thursday:
    Dark Segment: WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes comes out but was almost quickly interrupted by Interim NXT General Manager JBL. JBL had a bull rope in his hands and threatened to whoop Dusty right now for invading his arena. Dusty said he would love to fight, but he has a friend who wouldn’t mind getting his hands on JBL for him. Big Show comes out and JBL calls out for police to arrest him for trespassing. WWE COO Triple H also comes out and sends out various NXT stars to stop Show, but Show knocked them all out. Show also knocked out JBL. Dusty told Show that “this is what NXT is all about” before the two celebrated with fans. As fans we leaving, JBL (who was laying on the mat) told them all to leave their names at the door because they’re all banned.

Why Axel is off the pre-show
    --Curtis Axel blew out both of his hips in the tag team match on Raw on Monday night. It was described as a freak accident. That's why he's off the show today.

That'll do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He did what now?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    He did what now?

Guess they came out of his hip socket.

Ryback even injures tag partners.

Source: PWInsider Elite earlier this week
    There has been lots of internal talk about the future of Ryback lately. He has heat on him for several different things.
    For one, officials feel he hasn't really developed well in the ring like they were hoping. There's a feeling that Ryback has actually regressed in the ring. He also has heat on him for roughing up several different talents, most recently CM Punk.

Officials also feel that Ryback doesn't present himself well when making appearances for the company. WWE has gotten feedback on several appearances he's made over the past few months where people said he didn't look happy to be there, and this began before they turned him heel. One source described it as Ryback seeming to be annoyed by making public appearances.

It's said the "bloom is off the rose" with Ryback unless he turns things around. Vince McMahon has lost so much faith in Ryback that he may remove Paul Heyman from him so Heyman can move forward.

Seriously Langston does 3 or 4 moves that could have hurt Axel from around the 1:30 mark until the end of the match:

Axel winces hard after the match is over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jesus popping your hips out sounds awful!

Must of landed funny on that flapjack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 JumpingNothing

Have they released what specifically happened to him? Like, I assume "blew out both hips" is not the medical diagnosis. Was it a dislocation or a break or what?

Have they released what specifically happened to him? Like, I assume "blew out both hips" is not the medical diagnosis. Was it a dislocation or a break or what?
    In speaking to a few people backstage, I was told Curtis Axel suffered a hip flexor injury on Raw. The company wasn't sure what his diagnosis would be until Friday, which is why nothing was announced until today.
    There were a lot of people who were down that he was hurt since he's popular among the wrestlers and is seen as someone who works hard in the ring and has done whatever the company has asked of him since debuting on the main roster.

There's no word on how long Axel will be out and no one I spoke to knew what it meant, if anything, for the Intercontinental championship.

Credit: PWInsider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Chris Benoit's son David is reportedly training to become a professional wrestler. He's just now started lifting weights but word is that he's done some working out with David Hart Smith, son of the late British Bulldog.

Source: PW Mania

Can't see WWE ever hiring him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Don't understand why he would want to be near the business myself, but its his choice. I do feel for him, no matter how good he is, very few major companies will want to hire him because of the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Don't understand why he would want to be near the business myself, but its his choice. I do feel for him, no matter how good he is, very few major companies will want to hire him because of the name.

on the other hand, the majority of the smaller companies will, for the exact same reason.

Not everyone's bag I know but this video about WWE's TV rights negotiations in the US is really interesting and accessible:

http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=31193663

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

So should we all buy some WWE stock before their current TV deal runs out and they sign a massive new one?

So should we all buy some WWE stock before their current TV deal runs out and they sign a massive new one?

Is Steph selling some, I have no money but will give her a few of those tight sweaters

I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January.

WWE's Third Quarter results are out and were better than expected:
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/wwer-reports-2013-third-quarter-results-2013-10-31?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Summerslam was down this year compared to last year by quiet a lot (Cena giving Daniel Bryan a pity title shot, weak undercard). But other aspects of WWE's business made up for it in particular the advent of Main Event and Total Divas.

• Advertisement

WWE Network seems like it is launching. Meltzer reported they made a new commerical and Stephanie said this yesterday:
    New York -- Multiplatform content is crucial for the WWE, said Stephanie McMahon, executive VP of creative development & operations at the company on Wednesday during the TV Summit at NYC Television Week.

McMahon told moderator R. Thomas Umstead, programming editor, multimedia editor, Multichannel News, that the WWE's app is changing the way people watch their programs.

"It's been downloaded over 8 million times. What we offer is really a revolutionary second screen experience." McMahon said, adding the app offers behind-the-scenes pictures and facts.

When asked about the WWE's plans to create a network, she was unable to disclose specifics on plans but did say, "We are looking at traditional and nontraditional distribution, and we're targeting first quarter next year."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mesut Ozil

rovert wrote: »
    WWE Network seems like it is launching. Meltzer reported they made a new commerical and Stephanie said this yesterday:

I wonder how long it will last? I give about a year. During to Attitude Era, this would've been huge. I couldn't get enough wrestling back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mesut Ozil wrote: »
    I wonder how long it will last? I give about a year. During to Attitude Era, this would've been huge. I couldn't get enough wrestling back then.

It depends on the route they take.

If they fill it with shows like Total Divas, it'll bomb, especially since it will likely be a subscription service.

If they fill it with the back catalogue of WWWF, WWF, ECW, WCW, WWE, AWA, Smokey Mountain, Stampede Wrestling etc. it'll do very well. If you're a wrestling fan, it'll have something you'd enjoy.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It depends on the route they take.

If they fill it with shows like Total Divas, it'll bomb, especially since it will likely be a subscription service.

If they fill it with the back catalogue of WWWF, WWF, ECW, WCW, WWE, AWA, Smokey Mountain, Stampede Wrestling etc. it'll do very well. If you're a wrestling fan, it'll have something you'd enjoy.

The part I highlighted is the part I'm afraid of. I'm remember hearing on the Brian and Vinny Show that the ratings are terrible for Raw, so if the WWE can't pull with the main show, I can see The Network being a bigger failure than the XFL.

I have most of the old stuff on my hard drive, though, if they add some interesting analysis to it, I watch no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

It'd be class if they ran all the Nitros in order, and they could do the ppvs then on Sundays. Same with ECW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It'd be class if they ran all the Nitrous in order, and they could do the ppvs then on Sundays. Same with ECW.

Vince wont do this tho incase people realise how rubbish current product is too back then!

Mesut Ozil wrote: »

They will see this through for a long, long time I feel.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Vince wont do this tho incase people realise how rubbish current product is too back then!

Actually they already did air Raw and Nitro from 1995-1999+ on the WWE 24/7 Network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It costs a LOT to run a network. If it is losing money, they wont be shy about pulling the plug.

What makes you think that?

• Advertisement

It isn't possible but i'd love to see a Big Bossman 1999 timeline. "In March at WrestleMania I got hanged, in September I fed Al Snow his dog Pepper and in December I tied a chain to Big Show's fathers casket & sped off with it attached to my police car". "Oh and Big Show was also on top of the casket". "And the feud was for the WWF Title".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement