Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

- Regarding The Miz turning heel right before his Christmas movie came out, WWE's writing team reportedly forgot about the movie when they booked his heel turn a few weeks back.

Observer.

That is fúcking hilarious and sums them up at the moment. Thought that was the case myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That is fúcking hilarious and sums them up at the moment. Thought that was the case myself.

It was like he turned back then again last week!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE began sending out media invites this evening to a "special event" on Wednesday 1/8 at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas.
    That week is also the 2014 International CES, an international consumer and electronics trade show that WWE has regularly had a presence at. Last year, the company showcased their App, which has just debuted a few months prior to CES 2013.

The media invite announced that Vince McMahon would be in attendance. McMahon rarely attends such events, usually leading WWE to be represented by George Barrios or Stephanie McMahon. So, obviously something is planned.

Could this be the official announcement of the launch of the WWE Network? Stay tuned.

There's the promotional material:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/4/49702/2576939-4498943290-BamSauTCMAALzIQ.png%3Alarge

Don't rule out a ticker tape parade for the return of the Hulkster, brother :p:

04_OTM_HOGAN_06111994_0006.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

-- WWE announced at Tuesday night's Smackdown TV taping that Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Christian, and Eve Torres will return to WWE TV at next Monday's "Slammys" awards show. The four stars will present awards during the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Loughc wrote: »
    -- WWE announced at Tuesday night's Smackdown TV taping that Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Christian, and Eve Torres will return to WWE TV at next Monday's "Slammys" awards show. The four stars will present awards during the show.
    Eh, was he quietly released or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

No, he's recovering from an injury. Again.

Eh, was he quietly released or something?

No idea how you would quietly release Christian.

He is/was recovering from another concussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    No idea how you would quietly release Christian.

There would be anarchy here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

"It's....... It's Christian"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

There's the promotional material:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/4/49702/2576939-4498943290-BamSauTCMAALzIQ.png%3Alarge

Don't rule out a ticker tape parade for the return of the Hulkster, brother :p:

04_OTM_HOGAN_06111994_0006.jpg

I'd say it's to do with the Network, which is due for launch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Loughc wrote: »

Eve-ah. Wonder who she'll side with between AJ and the Total Divas. Three Way HLA with Kaitlyn and AJ?

Stephanie no longer heads Creative. She has gotten a massive promotion.

More wheels seem to be turning WWE Network wise.
    WWE Promotes Key Executives to Lead Future Growth December 4, 2013 STAMFORD, Conn., December 4, 2013 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) is poised for transformative growth in important areas, including the renegotiation of its four largest television rights agreements, the potential launch of a WWE Network, expansion in key international markets, distribution of content on emerging platforms and new strategic partnerships. Michelle D. Wilson, George Barrios and Stephanie McMahon have been promoted to lead WWE in the execution of these strategic growth initiatives.

Michelle D. Wilson, formerly Chief Marketing Officer, has been promoted to Chief Revenue and Marketing Officer and will now oversee all of the company’s revenue lines and assume responsibility for WWE’s $900 million retail consumer products business. Wilson retains her current revenue generating responsibilities for Sponsorship Sales, Pay-Per-View and New Business Development and will continue to oversee all WWE Marketing and Corporate Communications. Wilson is also spearheading the company’s efforts to launch a WWE Network and will continue to report directly to WWE Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Vince McMahon. Casey Collins, Executive Vice President, Consumer Products will report to Wilson.

George Barrios, formerly Chief Financial Officer, has been promoted to Chief Strategy and Financial Officer and will now oversee all of the company’s strategic planning processes and take over management of WWE’s day-to-day Television Operations. He will retain his management of Financial Planning and Investor Relations. With Wilson, Barrios is co-leading WWE’s television rights negotiations and will continue to report directly to WWE Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Vince McMahon. Will Staeger, Executive Vice President, Television Production will report to Barrios.

Stephanie McMahon, formerly Executive Vice President, Creative, has been promoted to Chief Brand Officer and will lead WWE’s efforts to further enhance its brand reputation among key constituencies including advertisers, media, business partners and investors. McMahon will serve as the company’s brand ambassador and work with WWE’s business units to support key growth initiatives. McMahon will also lead WWE’s targeted youth and moms marketing programs and will continue to report directly to WWE Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Vince McMahon.

Kevin Dunn will serve as Executive Producer of all WWE programming, including Monday Night Raw, Friday Night SmackDown, WWE Main Event and Total Divas and will continue to report to Vince McMahon.

“WWE is entering a new era of unprecedented growth,” said WWE Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Vince McMahon. “I am confident that my senior executive team is now organized more effectively to capitalize on the wealth of opportunities.”

Additionally, Perkins Miller, Executive Vice President, Digital Media will report to Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Vince McMahon, and Eddie Feldmann, Senior Vice President, Creative Writing will report to Paul Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent and Live Events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

“WWE is entering a new era of unprecedented growth,”

1381%20-%20jerry_lawler%20laughing%20wwe.png1110%20-%20dolph_ziggler%20laughing%20wwe.jpg
    81%20-%20Big_Show%20laughing%20wwe.jpg2040%20-%20WWE_Hall_Of_Fame_Induction_Ceremony%20laughing%20ric_flair%20smiling%20suit%20wwe.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Princess Paula,star of 80's British wrestling and ex wife of Fit Finlay,has passed away according to William Regal on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,359 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Intercontinental Champion Big E Langston is featured in an "Extra Mustard" segment with Sports Illustrated, hyping his pro wrestling video game debut with WWE 2K14. He also mentioned he got some advice from World Heavyweight Champion John Cena

From John Cena, I learned about the importance of timing and the moment. There are things you can let get away from you, and things might happen out of nowhere, but it’s all about owning the moment. When you’re out there in front of the crowd, it’s about taking that chance or doing something special so you go from just being a guy to being someone important.

It’s huge. Appearing at WrestleMania and winning the Intercontinental Championship are up there, but WWE 2K14 is right behind. I’ve been gaming for as long as I can remember—I had a Super Nintendo, I played the original Nintendo—and I never thought I’d be immortalized in a game. It’s different than being in a football game, where you’re under a helmet and it’s just your number. In 2K14, this is me. This is my Titantron, my music, my likeness … they nailed me. It looks just like me. When I got to actually play it, I was amazed by the job they did.

Source

The latest on the WWE network from the past 24 hours:
    Yesterday (12/5), Wrestlezone’s Justin LaBarr posted a titillating series of claims about the WWE Network. Summarized by David Bixenspan the important parts were that WWE Network would be available ”online only on all major connected devices, 24/7 stream plus an on demand library that includes every Raw, Smackdown, and PPV to date at launch.” Also, the price would be “$10/month with a $60 up-front at launch for the first 6 months but that would include Wrestlemania 30 and all subsequent non-WM PPVs as part of the subscription.“

Subsequently, sources such as Dave Meltzer and Voices of Wrestling’s own Rich Kraetsch reported that MLB Advanced Media would be handling the streaming technology required for online access.

Throughout the rumor mill (and reaffirmed today), WWE has remained non-committal: “In addition to not being able to confirm timing of WWE Network launch, WWE is still considering all options for distribution, pricing and role of pay-per-view.”

A lot more here; http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2013/12/06/wwe-to-redefine-network-speculation-abounds/

7775%20-%20Dancing%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20microphone%20suit%20vince_mcmahon%20wwe.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I dread the day CM Punk decides to call it quits

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1878870-punk-considering-retirement-from-wrestling-in-the-next-few-years

losing Punk from the roster would be a major blow to the company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

All the main eventers are considering retirement in the next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The latest on the WWE network from the past 24 hours:

A lot more here; http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2013/12/06/wwe-to-redefine-network-speculation-abounds/

7775%20-%20Dancing%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20microphone%20suit%20vince_mcmahon%20wwe.gif

Long overdue imo.

Streaming PPVs in HD is something WWE should have been doing a long time ago.

$9.99 a PPV or a yearly subscription for say $60-$100.

I for one would have no problem paying that, it would be good value. Full access to RAW/SD/NXT etc as well of course.

It would make them a lot more money in the long run then the outdated PPV model does.

There's so many, many aspects to consider. Whether it would take a large chunk out of their current PPV buyer base (at a cost to WWE) to would it attract a new revenue stream from the hidden market that is those who stream all PPVs currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

There's so many, many aspects to consider. Whether it would take a large chunk out of their current PPV buyer base (at a cost to WWE) to would it attract a new revenue stream from the hidden market that is those who stream all PPVs currently.

They take a short term hit for a long term gain. It's "best for business".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Don't worry, on the basis of how little time he takes off for injuries, you'll be seeing him in the ring for decades to come until he's a crippled mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

jaykhunter wrote: »
    All the main eventers are considering retirement in the next few years.

Whats Punk though mid to late 30s, he'll do another 5 years at least. He already has a great legacy but somebody like him who defied all odds even getting here (even I'll admit that :pac:) will want to prove more.

Cena could go for another while yet, remember Hogan only got his second wind in 96 with the nWo. He was 43 at the time.

WWE will be announcing WrestleMania 2015 on Tuesday at the Santa Clara Convention Center. The San Francisco 49ers were the key to getting the bid, which will include WrestleMania at Levi's Stadium, and the Hall of Fame and Raw at the SAP Center in San Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Interview Bret Hart did this week -
    Bret ‘the hitman’ Hart, 56, is a former professional wrestler and five-time WWE world champion. He features in the WWE 2K14 video game.

The new game features a ‘30 years of WrestleMania’ mode. What are your greatest memories of the ones in which you fought? WrestleMania was a very special event for me, a bit like an American footballer playing in the Superbowl. I was there from the second one in 1986 to WrestleMania XIII in 1997. Facing The Nasty Boys at WrestleMania VII was one of my best tag-team matches and solidified my solo career, which virtually commenced the next day. Then Rowdy Roddy Piper at WrestleMania VIII established that my style and storylines were always going to be a little different to Hulk Hogan or Sycho Sid [Sid Vicious].

Have you played the game as yourself when no one’s looking? I play with my two sons who are much more competitive than I am and I try not to be myself because I get beat pretty bad. What I love is that you can plot out a strategy for winning a match and that you have to pick the correct moves at the right times a wrestler would use in real life. You can have pretty incredible matches that emulate some of the bouts I had with, say, Shawn Michaels or Davey Boy Smith.

Are you pleased it’s keeping your name alive? Yeah, I meet a lot of youngsters who know who I am and tell me about my matches but it’s not from watching me – it’s from playing the video games. They play as me and even my sons tell me my character is pretty flawless. The guys who made the game must be big fans, so I appreciate that.

Surely you’d beat them up otherwise? You still don’t expect stuff like that. I was always really proud of my abilities in the ring and for my character to be placed in an elite group as one of the toughest opponents in the game is a great compliment.

So many wrestlers with whom you shared a ring died young in controversial circumstances. Who do miss the most? I miss my brother Owen more than anybody but I shake my head in anger that so many of them are not around when they should be. Ravishing Rick Rude was a good friend and there’s no reason why he shouldn’t still be alive. Mr Perfect is another I wish I could call up. You could name one after another who have gone and I’ve missed them all.

You partnered, fought against, and at one point were brother-in-law to both the British Bulldogs. What are your best memories? I had so many good memories of both the Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith, but Dynamite especially. I learned a lot from him and when The Hart Foundation and the Bulldogs first got together in WWE, it was Dynamite and Davey who put the word out that I was a good wrestler. There were a lot of wrestlers trying hard to minimise what I could do in the ring but the Bulldogs were the first ones to really allow me to start doing great matches and I’m grateful for all of that.

Who was your greatest rival? There was a happy rivalry with ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin in that he was a lot of fun to wrestle with, and I think I helped launch his career. But on the not so happy, the brilliant work I did with Shawn Michaels. You can never underestimate what we did at WrestleMania XII, even though it was the last match we had and part of the infamous Montreal Screwjob, it was still a fine match. I could have wrestled the Undertaker a few more hundred times as well.

The Montreal Screwjo’ was extremely controversial because of the outcome. How do you look back on it? I’ve calmed down a lot. There were a lot of things I did to escalate that whole thing with [opponent] Shawn Michaels and [now WWE owner] Vince McMahon. I wouldn’t change anything I did in terms of my own conduct but I regret all of it. I wish I had never left the WWE but I’ve moved on. I went back and shook Shawn’s hand and it was good for everyone to bury the hatchet.

Will we ever see a British WWE world champion? Oh I think so, there are a lot of good wrestlers coming out of the UK. Also, Swiss wrestler Antonio Cesaro is one of the best wrestlers going, if you ask me.

You once finished 39th in a poll of greatest Canadians – surely it hurts to have finished below Shania Twain? Well, I beat Avril Lavigne, that’s the most important thing and Bryan Adams is kind of English – you guys took ownership of him, so he doesn’t count.

What’s your greatest achievment: wearing pink in the ring, appearing on The Simpsons, or that there’s a Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart Day in your home city of Calgary? In years to come, I’ll still be featuring in re-runs of The Simpsons so that will probably end up being the greatest thing I ever did.

metro.co.uk

I wouldn’t change anything I did in terms of my own conduct but I regret all of it.

Riiight

Feel free to disregard but I have heard from two independent people who have been solid sources about WWE & NXT comings and goings that Curt Hawkins was going to be added to 3MB somehow on Raw last week but the idea was scrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1880210-report-universal-to-make-major-announcement-next-week

Trips2Florida.com notes that Universal is scheduled to make a “major announcement” next Thursday regarding the future of CityWalk. They discuss the possibility of a physical WWE Hall of Fame,

Could a physical WWE Hall Of Fame be on the horizon??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

A WWE Hall of Fame is an interesting idea, but why stop there. Why not have a proper wrestling museum which celebrates the history of not only WWE but also past federations from days gone by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

TNA have only just returned to Universal and it seems like they plan on using it a lot more in future. Universal never wanted to lose TNA so I'd be surprised if they were willing to risk that connection so soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement