Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1900565-chris-jericho-discusses-wrestlemania-xxx-return-in-wwecom-exclusive

When quizzed about a WWE return, Jericho said
    I don’t really have the itch. I’m super busy with all the stuff I’m doing, between Fozzy tours, we’re getting ready to record a new record, the podcast, “But I’m Chris Jericho,” which is another big hit. I’m also finishing my third book. There’s a lot of stuff going on. Having said that, I’d be open to it, but I haven’t had any conversations or anything like that. It’s WrestleMania. Anybody that’s been in WWE wants to be involved. If I’m there, it’ll be awesome and I’ll do everything I can to have the best match on the show. If I’m not, I’ll have a great time watching it, I’m sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Jericho may actually NOT be working us all this time :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Charisteas wrote: »
    Jericho may actually NOT be working us all this time :eek:

Happy Christmas GTR
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Officer999

For me Batista is coming back as a face to feud with Orton. With Flair signing a deal recently tooI I wouldn't be surprised to see him added to the angle, with of course HHH being there too. I mean with all 4 members of Evolution involved they have so much material for Orton vs Batista ar Wrestlemania 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Flair is coming back again? Good God...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Officer999 wrote: »
    For me Batista is coming back as a face to feud with Orton. With Flair signing a deal recently tooI I wouldn't be surprised to see him added to the angle, with of course HHH being there too. I mean with all 4 members of Evolution involved they have so much material for Orton vs Batista ar Wrestlemania 30.

It's not Wrestlemania main event material though, not by a long shot. I quite like Orton, but his title reign hasn't been fantastic. The only matches I can see Orton excelling in a Mania main event is Bryan (because we all want Bryan's big Mania moment) or Lesnar (who has infinitely more star quality than Batista). I mean obviously Cena sells PPVs but we've had the 'big one' between Cena and Orton already and it was only a 6/7 out of 10 match.

Orton vs Batista is a match I think would be at home at Mania but I think Orton would need to drop the belt at Royal Rumble to make that happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

J. Marston wrote: »
    Flair is coming back again? Good God...

Who doesn't want to see a geriatric Flair telling young women to take a ride on space mountain? :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

its going to be Batista - HHH for wrestlemania 30. HHH wants to fight (and probably beat) a movie star, like john cena did, cos ya know... HHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Booker T has uploaded the latest Christmas show from his promotion outta Houston

Micheal cole is on commentary
    http://youtu.be/Tw6txnCAKLg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    Surprises are great but I think advertising someone like Batista before hand is best for business so I don't think WWE will care that much. What have they lost from this surprise being revealed.....

Yeah, WWE don't do many big surprises anymore, they pimp whatever draws they have to maximise viewers/buys. Like even Sandow's MITB cash-in had to wait until after the ad break to start the match (to impromptu maximise viewers). Hyping Batigo for RAW ensures a big rating. Although I prefer surprises!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I find it strange because the Royal Rumble pretty much sells itself with not only the match but the good chance of surprises. So putting off batista's raw return by a week would allow him to return at the rumble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PWInsider:
    Richardo Rodriguez announced on Twitter that he would be working tonight's WWE event at Madison Square Garden as part of 3MB, replacing Heath Slater.

Slater wasn't utilized at the last WWE TV Tapings. There's no official word yet as to why he is off the road.

Meltzer when asked took a breath and decided how he wanted to word the answer. He said "personal issues."

Posted a while back that I heard Curt Hawkins was going to be the replacement in kind of a knee jerk decision but then WWE scrapped the idea all at the same Raw taping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yeah, WWE don't do many big surprises anymore, they pimp whatever draws they have to maximise viewers/buys. Like even Sandow's MITB cash-in had to wait until after the ad break to start the match (to impromptu maximise viewers). Hyping Batigo for RAW ensures a big rating. Although I prefer surprises!

id say one of the reasons they announced the Batista return was because they knew it was all across the online dirtsheets.

gives them back the power in a way

Cody is a lunatic:
    Sold out crowd. Bob Backlund was on the lobby prior to the show answering questions and signing autographs for the fans.

1. Rey Mysterio pinned Alberto Del Rio. OK match we have seen between these two numerous times.

2. Zack Ryder pinned Brodus Clay. Basic house show match but surprisingly short. Ryder pinned Bridus with a surprise rollup.

3. Team Total Divas vs Non Total Divas. Fans voted for a Dance Contest but this quickly turned in a fight, which brought Brad Maddox out. He made this an 8 Divas Tag Match. Nothing very exciting.

4. Sin Cara pinned Curtis Axel. The crowd was very quiet for this match, but I have to say despite several botched moves by Sin Cara, Axel made him look terrific. Curtis Axel grabbed a mic and said he was Challenging anyone in the back to a Match which brought out The Great Khali.

5. The Great Khali defeated Curtis Axel. After about three hours, Khali finally made it to the ring, chopped Axel over the head, and pinned him.

6. Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeated The Real Americans in a steel cage match to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. Match of the night candidate. An awesome back and forth match that ended with Cody doing an awesome moonsault off the top of the cage onto Cesaro for the pin.

Intermission

7. Los Matadores and El Torito defeated 2MB (Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre) and Ricardo Rodriguez. Basic comedy match that ended when El Torito pinned Ricardo.

8. Big Show pinned Kane with Booker T as special guest referee. Very slow, clunky match by the two big men. It ended when Kane attempted to chokeslam Booker T, but Big Show hit Kane with The Knockout Punch.

9. John Cena beat Randy Orton by DQ. Great back and forth match. Big pop for Orton and a huge pop for Cena (lots of kids in the crowd ). Both Wrestlers kicked out of the other's finisher. The DQ occurred when Orton hit Cena with a low blow. After the match, Orton attempted to punt Cena, but Cena hopped up and hit The AA on Orton to send the crowd home happy.

Credit: ProWrestling.Net

UhyxIHL.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Observer speculating that Bray could end up in the main event of WM vs Cena, supposedly.

I'm going to kill myself.

11836o7.jpg

I trust him. :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

See you Monday Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Mokuba wrote: »
    Observer speculating that Bray could end up in the main event of WM vs Cena, supposedly.

Oh jesus, OH JESUS

Observer speculating that Bray could end up in the main event of WM vs Cena, supposedly. I'm going to kill myself.

Don't worry. Everything's bounced around the writer's room for Mania. WWE will do what's safest to maximise number of buys, and that's a silly matchup. I guarantee we're closer to Rock/Cena III before Bray/Cena in the main event. (IMO It's far more likely Bryan will win the Rumble and Cena will win the belts off Orton at No Way Out, setting up Bryan v Cena.)

NEVER going to happen but.

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

• Advertisement

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
    During a recent WWE creative meeting, Vince McMahon noted that there are no more babyface and heels. Many were completely puzzled by that statement. Examples of this are The Miz, Kofi Kingston and Antonio Cesaro.

Whats that in the distance, looks like a 2009 Russo idea

GTR63 wrote: »
    Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
    During a recent WWE creative meeting, Vince McMahon noted that there are no more babyface and heels. Many were completely puzzled by that statement. Examples of this are The Miz, Kofi Kingston and Antonio Cesaro. Whats that in the distance, looks like a 2009 Russo idea

Sorry Vince, what was that featured bout on RAW?

kgfe.jpg

In his senility he's confusing shades of grey with poor booking.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Sorry Vince, what was that featured bout on RAW?

Bad Santa vs Good Santa

In his senility he's confusing shades of grey with poor booking.

Michael Hayes probably pitched Black Santa vs White Santa first

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lets just be grateful that Black Santa was the good guy in all this :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah right, and Damian Sandow will challenge for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship too. I like Bray but I don't think he's ready, and I can't see WWE throwing him into the Main Event at the biggest PPV of the year.

My hope is, that Wyatt Family wrestles The Shield at the PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If Bray Wyatt headlines Wrestlemania I will legit stop watching for good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd love to go back 3 months and make a list of all the matches they have "reported" on as happening.

Both the Bray thing and the face/heels thing are both incomplete and murdered accounts from what is in the Observer.

It should say pure faces and heels. Vince believes no one is completely good or bad.

Bray vs Cena is a backup for if they can't get Hogan to do anything. As all the other headliners are already utilised in other matches.
    I'd love to go back 3 months and make a list of all the matches they have "reported" on as happening.

I'll never truly get the whole blame the messenger thing. WWE is the same company that announces the main event of Main Event/Smackdown then changes it the next day.

Ah, that makes more sense. Although I'll submit the entire tag division for straight pure heels and faces. Maybe he means with regards to audience reaction where if a heel's entertaining enough, he'll be cheered (or conversely, superface john cena being boo'ed). Like AJ's a heel that gets cheered (because the babyfaces are terribly bland and people enjoy her antics.)

• Advertisement

RE: Flak for reporting creative rumours - it's just that. This type of news deals with speculation and ideas, which although true (WWE is thinking of turning X & booking Y) is more the tabloid attention-getting garbage, as opposed to dealing with concrete things, like reporting on facts (like house show results, wellness tests etc). Unfortunately it all gets lumped in together. It's just the nature of the IWC. Like reacting to initial PPV estimates rather than actual, final figures. Reporting on rumours, people (including myself) react as if it were fact. I'm sure WON only report a fraction of the creative ideas being passed around so those ones are analysed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement