Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

Rock on twitter answering questions
    Between Vince, Brock & myself our Wrestlemania 30 plan was ROCK vs BROCK. No plans now for 30 but possibly WM 31.

Saw this on the news sites earlier
    The Ultimate Warrior has reportedly been going after people on eBay that are selling his merchandise. Warrior is asking for 30% of the total sale of each Warrior item sold or he's threatening legal action and to have the item removed from eBay.

Warrior has responded :P
    Recent stories about Warrior attempting to swindle 30% royalties from eBayers auctioning Ultimate Warrior items are ridiculously inaccurate. The actual royalty demand is 110%, 100% of money made from the sale plus a 10% service fee for handling the hassle of informing others of their no-nos.

Sorry, but ALL unlicensed goods and ALL counterfeit merchandise using the Ultimate Warrior Intellectual Property will be removed without warning from all auctions sites, websites or similar.

It’s MY gimmick. I OWN it. If you want one, do the work it takes to create one for yourself.

Always Believe,

Warrior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Haha fair ****s to him, as long as he isn't going after people selling the likes of action figures that they bought themselves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Various movie news...

Rock has apparently accepted a role in a DC Movie. From his Twitter...
    We just had a big meeting w/ Warner Bros CEO re: @DCComics 2014 we will partner up and create the cool bad assery. #RockTalk @ActionTilson

Also, Disney and Marvel have released an offical picture of the Guardians of the Galaxy crew, including the return bound Batista as Drax the Destroyer.

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-cast1-610x343.jpg

For those interested, left to right it's Zoe Saldana, Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper's CGI character, Batista and Vin Diseal's CGI character. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I thought that was AJ, Sheamus, Hornswoggle, Ryback & Khali

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Gonna hear more about that Raccoon than anything else aren't we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

GTR63 wrote: »
    Gonna hear more about that Raccoon than anything else aren't we?

Rockets easily the best thing about the comics, so if they do it right we certainly will all be talking about him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Only 27
    WWE NXT talent Mickey Keegan, formerly known as Max Bauer, has been diagnosed with spinal stenosis and has been forced to retire from in-ring competition. Keegan is now working as a creative assistant for NXT.

Keegan was just signed to a WWE developmental deal back in August of 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Jesus. Is it injury related? I see blunt trauma is a factor in causing it.
    I checked it on the WHO there too - 96% of people suffer from pain while standing alone. Sounds like a horrible condition.

I have no idea,same thing that retired Edge IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

There has been about half of dozen people with it in Developmental the past year or so. Plays into the Bill DeMott rumours about him being too harsh on people Army Drill Sargent style.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Did he just list Daniel Bryan with Cena, Orton, Punk, Batista and Brock.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Did he just list Daniel Bryan with Cena, Orton, Punk, Batista and Brock.

6 people which is enough to fill an Elimination Chamber with.

That would be one of the best Chamber lineups they ever had and actually live up to the epic tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That would be one of the best Chamber lineups they ever had and actually live up to the epic tag.
    Yeah I'd be all over that.

So sad we won't get the Smackdown one of Hornswoggle, Santino, The Great Khali, R-Truth, El Torito and Alberto Del Rio this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

The Smackdown Chamber with Bryan, Santino, Cody and Wade was brilliant I thought. I'd have that before most of the ones with all the stars that have gone on in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    So sad we won't get the Smackdown one of Hornswoggle, Santino, The Great Khali, R-Truth, El Torito and Alberto Del Rio this year.

And then the Smackdown one turns out to be 10x better cause thats what always happens even when it shouldn`t, it still does.
    "Who saw Hornswoggle & Tortito hitting Great Khali with a KRS One"

The main event promo by Brodus is better than you would expect but the pull apart with Tensai is hilarious:
    http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-main-event-january-1-2014-26173454

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

6 people which is enough to fill an Elimination Chamber with.

That won't be the 6 tho as Lesnar is the default number one contender for the Elimination Chamber.

Loughc wrote: »
    That won't be the 6 tho as Lesnar is the default number one contender for the Elimination Chamber.

If they only have one title and rumble winner gets a mania shot, what will the chamber match be for though?

Loughc wrote: »

I know that. But like DM-ICE said, things are wide open in terms of what the Mania matches are and it is WWE!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If they only have one title and rumble winner gets a mania shot, what will the chamber match be for though?

Yep excellent point! I wonder how EC will work this year. If it's a EC for the title. It dilutes Lesnars title shot claim. And as you pointed out the rumble winner will be the no 1 contender for the title at WM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I'd say it could be a stable war games type match. Wyatt's v the shield maybe?

Sirsok wrote: »

Precedent was set last year so something like that is possible alright.

Sirsok wrote: »

Unfortunately WWE's current philosophy is less is more gimmick wise. Just look at the TLC PPV last month that just had one weapons oriented match. So I would presume we are getting one Chamber match this year. Which is a shame as having one Chamber at the start of the show and one at the end worked really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Unfortunately WWE's current philosophy is less is more gimmick wise. Just look at the TLC PPV last month that just had one weapons oriented match. So I would presume we are getting one Chamber match this year. Which is a shame as having one Chamber at the start of the show and one at the end worked really well.

Less is more is better imo.

When every match is a stipulation match it REALLY waters down the gimmick imo.

Also known as the "Vince Russo Effect" :pac:

The main event promo by Brodus is better than you would expect but the pull apart with Tensai is hilarious:
    http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-main-event-january-1-2014-26173454

Really good promo from Brodus,looked well too.

• Advertisement

WWE passed on Richards and Edwards,

Please Don't Benoit At Home?
    --WWE has sent out a memo that Chris Benoit footage will be allowed on its new network broadcasts. There will be an advisory played before every show he appears on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement