Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Can they put him in DVDs now?
    Hope so as I wanna see him on the eventual Kurt Angle one.
    Any update on that American Wolves story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think the advisory will have the opposite of the intended effect, highlighting Benoit as opposed to "Benoit happens to be in the show". Maybe it's more of a political move so they can say they had a disclaimer, and just phase it out after a year. As opposed to running the possibility of being called insensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Rumor that Taker asked to work with Bryan at Wrestlemania from WON.

Please. Please. Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

GTR63 wrote: »
    Can they put him in DVDs now?

He's in the MITB DVD. They do edit out any mention of him on commentary though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mokuba wrote: »

Please. Please. Please.

Would be a major waste. The Punk match sucked because the result was never in doubt. Bryan has even less chance due to his recent booking. They'd be mad to do anything other than Cena. He is by far and away the biggest danger and it's the biggest ever Wrestlemania. Not going to get a better chance than that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Would be a major waste. The Punk match sucked because the result was never in doubt. Bryan has even less chance due to his recent booking. They'd be mad to do anything other than Cena. He is by far and away the biggest danger and it's the biggest ever Wrestlemania. Not going to get a better chance than that.

Cannot agree with this anymore but I fear that the WWE will indeed go for the Bryan taker match. They might even include taker in the Wyatt feud!

Cena taker is the only option they have left for taker really. It's the only one where the result isn't so clean cut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

gnfnrhead wrote: »

I can't speak for everyone but the reason I'm high on this idea is because I've passed the point of requiring some "legitimate" threat to the streak. It's never going to be beaten, so honestly I'd prefer to either see a great worked match (which Bryan/Taker would be) or someone getting a super rub from being in the match with him. Bryan for me fulfills two of those criteria, while Cena only fulfills one.

I also want it because I'm worried that without it Bryan ends up vs Sheamus or some other 7 minute midcard match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Please. Please. Please.

Haven't read the full Observer but that was the case but these are still the most latest planned top Mania matches:
    Cena vs. Wyatt
    Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
    HHH vs. C.M. Punk
    Randy Orton vs. Batista

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I can't speak for everyone but the reason I'm high on this idea is because I've passed the point of requiring some "legitimate" threat to the streak. It's never going to be beaten, so honestly I'd prefer to either see a great worked match (which Bryan/Taker would be) or someone getting a super rub from being in the match with him. Bryan for me fulfills two of those criteria, while Cena only fulfills one.

I also want it because I'm worried that without it Bryan ends up vs Sheamus or some other 7 minute midcard match.
    THIS! I honestly never want the streak to be broken. I don't watch Takers match at WM to see if his opponent can beat the streak or not, I watch it because I want to see a great match! Bryan and Taker would give us a great match, so would prefer to see that then Brock vs Taker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    THIS! I honestly never want the streak to be broken. I don't watch Takers match at WM to see if his opponent can beat the streak or not, I watch it because I want to see a great match! Bryan and Taker would give us a great match, so would prefer to see that then Brock vs Taker.

I dont want it broken either, but do you not think it adds to the match that it can be possibly broken? Like it wouldnt be crazy to think that Hunter or HBK could of broken the streak, while i agree the shouldnt it added to the matches that maybe either of those two could do it, therefore making the match better.

• Advertisement

I'd paid my €22 odd to just see Daniel Bryan attempt to catch Undertaker:

undertaker-vs-shawn-michaels-mania.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if you want there to be a sliver of doubt in the Streak match, Cena is your only option.

for the best pure match? Brock or Bryan.

Bryan won't be one of the main events this year though. I can definitely see them keeping with the lineup rovert posted up.

HHH/Punk and Brock/Taker should be worth the money. I've no interest in either of the other 2 though.

also, if you're intent on doing Brock/Taker, I don't know why you wouldn't do Cena/Bryan. Wyatt in that spot seems moronic to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Hulk and Warrior are on the way back so.
    WWE issued a survey to certain members of their mailing list on Thursday, seeking feedback on a number of personalities who work and have worked for the company in the past, how familiar the audience members were with them and what roles the audience would want to see them in going forward

The talents were:

Hulk Hogan
    The Undertaker
    CM Punk
    John Cena
    Ric Flair
    The Rock
    Triple H
    Steve Austin
    The Ultimate Warrior

After answering questions about each talent, the survey then provided two "randomly" selected talents and asked fans what scenarios they wanted to see them in within WWE in the future. The scenarios were:

-Wrestling regularly on Raw and Smackdown
    -A regular commentator on Raw and Smackdown
    -Starring in a WWE Reality Series.
    -Starring in a "WWE Highlights Show."
    -Wrestling at Wrestlemania or Summerslam
    -Involved in Raw or Smackdown Storylines
    -Involved in Wrestlemania or Summerslam Storylines
    -Do not want him involved in WWE in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Based on that card, I'd change it to Cena/Hogan vs Wyatt/Bryan. Bryan and Cena can do 90% of the match while the other two do their spots and get out as quickly as possible. Bryan can have his moment afterwards when he goes back to the good side.

Having doubt about the result is far better than the result being obvious. Punk was never winning and didnt even have many near falls which resulted in a poor match. The Triple H matches the two years before were far better because there was a feeling Undertaker could lose. When you know beyond a shadow of a doubt who is winning, the match instantly takes a hit. When Triple H hit that Tombstone, for example, pretty much everyone thought it was done. The Punk match didnt have anything like that. Just like if he were to face Bryan. It wont matter what Bryan hits, nobody will buy into anything other than Undertaker kicking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

When Triple H hit that Tombstone, for example, pretty much everyone thought it was done.

Hate to quote The Miz,but really?

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

At this point, most in WWE feel that Hulk Hogan will be involved at WrestleMania XXX in some form or fashion.

As of right now, WWE is playing around with a number of ideas on how to use Hogan at the big event. One idea has Hogan teaming with John Cena in a tag-team match against The Real Americans.

WWE officials are also discussing bringing in "Rowdy" Roddy Piper for WrestleMania XXX. Ideas involving Piper include Cena and Hogan against Piper and another heel in a tag-team match, Hogan and Piper together against The Real Americans, or a "Legends Match" featuring Hogan vs. Piper one-on-one.
    :eek:
    That bit has to be a ill informed WON copy and paste

rovert wrote: »
    I'd paid my €22 odd to just see Daniel Bryan attempt to catch Undertaker
    Didn`t they charge €25 for Mania last time?

A legends match is a horrible Idea. Im all for remembering the good ol days but Id say Hogan and Piper in the corners of other wrestlers is the better option

The Legends match wasn't in the Observer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I would love to see Hogan get an official WWE retirement match, but one-on-one just doesn't seem possible in 2014.

What's the story on the Bryan/Michaels match? Is it something WWE are working on, or was it just rumours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Has to be Cena/Taker, if they can't get Sting.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Has to be Cena/Hogan, if they can't get Sting.

If Hogan is wrestling it will be in a tag/six man match with him as little as possible. Hogan & Cena vs. Wyatts or Real Americans is the most commonly quoted scenario. Hogan realistically can't leave his feet in a wrestling ring these days let alone be slammed by Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

If Hogan is wrestling it will be in a tag/six man match with him as little as possible. Hogan & Cena vs. Wyatts or Real Americans is the most commonly quoted scenario. Hogan realistically can't leave his feet these days.

Derp, I meant Cena/Taker. Edited.

The Legends match wasn't in the Observer.

Great :D
    I do want a gimmick battle royal though, the one at X7 was everyone`s secret most enjoyable match.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd hope this is somebody's idea of a joke

http://wrestlechat.net/?p=482204 - Credit – Wrestling Observer

“Between Vince, Brock and myself, our WrestleMania 30 plan was Rock vs. Brock. No plans now for 30 but possibly WM 31.”
    “My feeling is he wouldn’t have mentioned 31 if he had it in his head that he was fully retired from wrestling. Privately, he has suggested that putting over Cena would be a fine way to go out, in his mind, but has never talked of not wrestling as an absolute, just something he was considering.”

WWE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT BOOK ROCK/CENA III

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

GTR63 wrote: »
    :eek:
    That bit has to be a ill informed WON copy and paste

Didn`t they charge €25 for Mania last time?

29 I think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lithium93_ wrote: »

WWE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT BOOK ROCK/CENA III

Presume it means that if he never wrestled again, then he'd be happy with how his last match went, rather than he wants another match vs Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Hate to quote The Miz,but really?

at the moment HHH covered Taker, I did.

as did the entire live crowd I seem to remember.

SlickRic wrote: »
    at the moment HHH covered Taker, I did.

as did the entire live crowd I seem to remember.

Ill second that. I thought with it being Hunter that it was the streak was over there as Taker lay motionless.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I would have 100% confidence in Bryan and taker to create a match which makes people doubt once it starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The Rock vs HHH was always the big match when I used to watch wrestling. Ultimate bad guy vs ultimate good guy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement