Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Jim Ross has updated his blog over at JRsBarBQ.com. Below are some highlights:

"Concussions are a big issue in sports today and let's not forget that pro wrestling/sports entertainment or whatever in the hell one wants to call it doesn't have the franchise on this dilemma. However, chair shots to the skull should be forbidden in wrestling. Period. End of story. Bottom line."

"Eddie Fatu's funeral services are later in the week in Las Vegas. If you want to send flowers or cards you can call the Davis Funeral Home at 702-736-6200."

"I do encourage all wrestling organizations to instill as stringent a testing program as is possible for concussions, heart issues, etc and to monitor how many days an individual is booked either monthly or annually. Plus, establishing a zero tolerance policy regarding drug abuse is a gimme. Being in the wrestling business should be a privilege not one's right. If one accepts the glory and money one can earn as a successful wrestler in a major company then they should have no issue being a good citizen and living a clean life."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Former WWE superstar and Spirit Squad member Ken Doane ("Kenny Dykstra") will be appearing in a new FOX Reality channel series called "Seducing Cindy" - where a group of young guys compete to win the love of model/actress Cindy Margolis.

Doane wrote on Twitter, "WWE don't want me,TNA don't want me right now. Guess I'm gonna get ready for "Seducing Cindy" Jan 30th 2010

- Jim Ross is expected to re-sign his WWE deal as early as this week.

- Jim Neidhart said at an autograph signing this past weekend in Long Island, New York that WWE is working on a DVD looking at The Hart Foundation, likely the whole family and not just Neidhart and Bret Hart's tag team. Apparently Neidhart just finished shooting some interviews for the project.

-- With the tease on WWE RAW all but confirming that Bret Hart will appear on WWE programming in the near future, talk has once again turned to what kind of role he would assume in WWE.

F4WOnline.com reports that Hart remains open to appearing as a regular on-air character, with most aware of the situation anticipating Hart appearing either as an authority figure or a high-profile feud partner for someone like Vince McMahon.

Past reports said that Hart had expressed a willingness to work with The Hart Dynasty; the same reports also said that he would want to strictly regulate on-air involvement with Shawn Michaels and Triple H.

Figure 4 Weekly interestingly speculates that Hart would consider working one or two gimmick matches; based on Hart's physical condition, the notion has long been that any Hart activity in WWE would be outside of the ring.

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1261160330.php?style=dark

- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Booker T has been telling friends that he’s returning and will be on Raw.

- Meltzer is also reporting that Ric Flair and TNA appear to be closing in on a deal. It appears the sides are close on money, but that Flair is insisting on a guaranteed contract with Panda Energy and not TNA, just in case TNA would fold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://pwinsider.com/article/43715/tna-knockout-announces-retirement.html?p=1
    TNA Knockout Christy Hemme, who won the first-ever WWE Diva Search competition, announced last night during a podcast for her official podcast, the RHS that she was officially retired from in-ring competition, but would be remaining affiliated with TNA.

Hemme explained that she found herself tense and nervous about the possibilities of re-injuring her neck during a six-Knockouts tag match several weeks back, concerned that she didn't want to have spent eight months allowing a neck injury to heal naturally only to suffer it again.

Hemme noted that the day after that bout, she informed TNA that she wasn't going to continue wrestling. She noted that she feels healthy and fine, but didn't want to put herself into a situation where her long term quality of life would be an issue.

Hemme broke into the business in 2004, winning a contract via the inaugural WWE Diva Search. She posed for Playboy Magazine a year later. She debuted in TNA after being released by WWE and has remained with the company since.
    http://pwinsider.com/article/43764/another-tna-knockout-on-the-way-out.html?p=1
    TNA backstage interviewer Lauren Brooks announced today via her twitter account that she would be leaving the company shortly. Brooks wrote, "Truly going to miss the wrestling fans and my fam @ TNA, but time to focus on my 2 Golf Channel Shows! Keep a lookout!"

I'm told Brooks is leaving the company to focus on other projects and her impending marriage. She was really good at getting over the segments she was involved in.

The recently retired Christy Hemme will slide into Brooks' former role.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/43787/wwe-removes-tna-stars-from-show-opening.html?p=1
    - On tonight's Tribute To The Troops special during the WWE "through the years" video intro they removed Hulk Hogan and replaced him with the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase. They also removed the clip of Mankind getting thrown off the Hell In A Cell in '98 and replaced it with Jeff Hardy diving off a ladder at WrestleMania 25. Interesting that they chose a Jeff Hardy clip to use. Hogan and Mankind have been shown since WWE started showing that intro video in October 2005. For what it's worth, Ric Flair is still in the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Wrestlezone
    PWInsider.com is reporting that Tommy Dreamer has asked for his WWE release and the word backstage is that he will be leaving the company. Dreamer was at the Smackdown/ECW tapings in Orlando last night, and although his release from WWE has not been confirmed at this time, all indications are that he has asked for the release and is waiting for it to be granted by WWE.

- TNA Knockout Roxxi broke her ankle in a match with Hamada last night

http://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/6932541049
    Best wishes to Roxxi who broke her ankle in two places in a match against Hamada last night. We wish her a very speedy recovery.

Credit: F4WOnline.com

- Apparently TNA's street team sent fans to the WWE TV tapings in Orlando on Sunday night to hand out TNA flyers. WWE and arena security ended up taking the flyers and kicking the TNA fans off the property.

- WWE has been trying out ECW Superstar Tyler Reks as a heel at live events and dark matches as of late. Reks has been cutting promos on his opponents while playing the whiny heel role.

Word going around TNA is that Lacey Von Erich will be fired soon. Apparently officials have given up on her and feel that she is not learning what's being taught to her. Lacey is said to be on "thin ice" with TNA officials.

• Advertisement

Found this on Wrestlezone:
    The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Teddy Hart has been telling people close to him that he is heading to WWE along with his uncle Bret.

While this has not been confirmed, it should be noted that people he works with down in Mexico do not feel that he will last long in WWE should he end up signing with the company. Hart has a bad reputation for not listening and having a poor attitude, which is what got him released from WWE back in 2007. Additionally, it's being said that while he is very talented in the ring, he lacks the psychological ring skills needed to work for a company like WWE.

It's also being said that Hart wants to bring Jack Evans into WWE along with him, however Asistencia, Asesoria y Administracion (AAA) is very high on Evans at the moment and most likely will not release him from his contract, which still has two years left on it.

New talent for WWE
    According to PWInsider.com, WWE has signed Incognito(the former Mystico) to a developmental deal which will send him to Florida Championship Wrestling. Incognito received a tryout with the WWE when they were touring Texas last week.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

While plugging the annual Tribute to the Troops show during a radio appearance on The Opie & Anthony Show last week, Raw Superstar Montel Vontavious Porter (MVP) admitted his fondness for marijuana.

During the radio show appearance, he relayed a story from his recent trip to Iraq where one of the soldiers noted that a lot of marijuana is grown in Afghanistan. He then expressed his disappointment in WWE not going to Afghanistan this year.

MVP also said that while he enjoys smoking pot, he no longer does because the $2,500 fines started to stack up.

Source: Wrestling Observer

- Word coming out of WWE this weekend is that Sheamus vs. Triple H for the WWE Title is really being considered for one of the WrestleMania 26 matches.

Nothing is confirmed obviously but it will depend on what happens with tonight’s RAW, John Cena and the Royal Rumble booking over the next few weeks.

- WWE Women's champion Melina slipped during a tag match tonight during the WWE Raw house show in Manchester, New Hampshire and immediately began grabbing her knee. The match was ended with Melina being immediately pinned and helped out of the ring. We are waiting on confirmation regarding the injury, which is believed to be legitimate as she wasn't involved in anything physical at the time she went down - and in fact, hadn't even gotten involved in the match at that point.

UPDATE: The fear is Melina suffered a torn ACL tonight during the Raw house show this evening. She's currently undergoing an examination to diagnose the severity of her injury. A torn ACL would mean that Melina could be out for 3-6 months

WrestleMania Rumours:

- As mentioned earlier, HHH vs Sheamus is seriously being considered for WrestleMania 26.

- Though John Cena’s name has been absent from early rumors regarding WrestleMania, one should not assume he will not have a prominent role on the card. According to F4WOnline.com, WWE still hopes it can put together a dream match between The Rock and John Cena for the big spring event.
    If that could not happen, and most currently do not believe it will, the plan would be for John Cena vs. Batista.

- In another WrestleMania-related spoiler, the early word is that WWE intends on having
    Kofi Kingston
    win the Money in the Bank match this year. Of course, since word got out so early, it would not be a shock if WWE called an audible and had a different name win.

There is a story going around the WWE locker room about Sheamus, Ted DiBiase and Yoshi Tatsu, who were all three roommates at one time in Tampa, Florida. They apparently all roomed together while they were all training in FCW.

The story goes that Sheamus played “big dog” in the apartment and pissed his roommates off because he allegedly would use their protein shakers and not clean them. Ted and Yoshi confronted him at the same time once. Sheamus got mad and threw Tatsu’s shaker at him but Yoshi caught it. Sheamus then called out Tatsu but Yoshi ended up beating him up pretty bad. There are even reports that Sheamus was on the verge of tears. Yoshi is said to be very good with his hands and has boxed and gone through the New Japan dojo.

When asked if the story was true, Tatsu would only say, “I just wanted to teach Sheamus a lesson in respect. Don’t mess with other peoples stuff.” There was hope within WWE that the story would make its way to Vince McMahon, who has always had the mindset that he doesn’t want people to think one of his World Champions lost a real fight.

With that being said, we can't confirm or deny this story but it was talked about between a group of talent several weeks ago.
    Just a story I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Taken from wrestlezone.com

In an interview conducted yesterday by The Manila Standard Today, Smackdown star Batista criticized WWE's younger talent by saying "We're dinosaurs in this age of instant gratification. We are not just athletes, we are also storytellers and I don't see that in the newcomers." He went on to say that he will be "fat and retired" five years from now when asked what his WWE future holds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Credit to PWInsider.com

Due to her ACL tear, Melina has been stripped of the WWE Divas championship. WWE will begin a tournament to crown a new champion tonight on Raw from Dayton, Ohio.
    Melina suffered the injury on Tuesday 12/29 during a Raw house show in New Hampshire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Don't know if it was mentioned in the Raw thread, but:
    Dark Match prior to the Raw TV taping: Bryan Danielson beat Chavo Guerrero. Danielson made his official WWE debut, albeit non-televised

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_37865.shtml

F4WOnline.com is reporting that prior to him leaving WWE, Jeff Hardy told management that he would return to the company after his hiatus. It was believed at the time that Jeff was leaving WWE temporarily, not permanently, and the two sides had a verbal agreement that Hardy would return to WWE when he was ready to make a return. However, that was apparently not the case as Hardy obviously debuted with TNA this past Monday night and has reportedly signed a short term deal with them. Needless to say, many WWE officials were very shocked to see Hardy appear on Impact this week.

Jim Ross has posted a new blog over at JRsBarBQ.com. Below are some highlights:
    "I do understand that Edge is healing well from Achilles tendon surgery but it has always been a photo finish as to whether or not Edge will be able to wrestle at the end of March. I hope so and would hope that it would be Edge vs. Jericho."

"It was cool that Bret singled out Jerry Monday night regarding the 1993 King of the Ring held in Dayton where yours handled the play by play. I wouldn't mind seeing a reprise of Hitman vs. the King some day but I won't hold my breathe on that match ever being made. I do think that Jerry Lawler should be in a match at Wrestlemania 26 for the first time in his career."

"Others continue to hound me when Dwayne Johnson is returning to Raw and I simply do not know. I thought he was once tentatively scheduled for January but travel and other commitments eliminated that opportunity."

Not a big loss but could be the first of many:

- ECW performer DJ Gabriel has been released by WWE, according to PWinsider.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Survivor Series does a TERRIBLE buyrate, who would have thought that not bothering to build up your main events would result in no buys? :p

James Caldwell, Torch assistant editor

WWE's Survivor Series PPV from November 2009 drew a surprisingly-low 225,000 buys according to WWE's corporate business report released on Thursday.

The PPV buy total is down 29.5 percent from the 2008 Survivor Series, which drew 319,000 buys. The 2007 version drew 341,000 buys. The 2009 version of one of WWE's "Big Four" PPVs is down 34.0 percent compared to the 2007 event.

The PPV buy total is an estimate before WWE reports the official number in their fourth quarter-hour earnings report, which will most-likely be announced in late January or February.

Caldwell's Analysis: The low number is an indictment of the poor build-up to the PPV, which featured the Cena vs. Hunter vs. Michaels three-way match for the WWE Title. As we all remember from November, the build-up for that title match on episodes of Raw leading to the PPV was virtually non-existent to the point where Michaels and Hunter joked in promos that they weren't focused on the match. The PPV also featured Undertaker vs. Jericho vs. Show and traditional Survivor Series matches.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_37977.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Interview with Spanky...:pac:
    http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2010/01/11/12427301.html

Kendrick speaks out against the 'backstabbers, power hungry people, suck ups, weak people'

Brian Kendrick's WWE career was marked with many ups-and-downs.

His 2003-04 stint is mostly forgotten. But his 331-day reign as WWE Tag Team Champion with Paul London was the fourth longest tag team title reign in WWE history. He was the interim WWE Champion during a championship scramble match at Unforgiven 2008. And as The Brian Kendrick on Smackdown in 2008, he gained quite a following for his eclectic style.

But things quickly went south and less than a year after his interim WWE Championship win, Kendrick was out of World Wrestling Entertainment following a forgettable stint on Raw.

Kendrick told SLAM! Wrestling that his time on Raw brought out the worst in him.

"A lot of that time did," he said via email. "I wasn't satisfied, I felt that my work was good. My work was to wrestle, I am a good wrestler, I did a good job. I also know that certain behavior was encouraged, some actions were frowned upon, and I didn't care."

In fact, Kendrick said he had fun doing house shows and enjoyed the traveling and the actual wrestling, but television tapings were completely different animals.

"TV sucked because you saw a circus, backstabbers, power hungry people, suck ups, weak people," Kendrick said. "Also lots of really great, nice, funny people. But I felt like a tool sitting in the bleachers waiting in case they need my skills for something."

Kendrick even said he was smoking cigarettes during that time and if he had one now, he'd puke.

"The boss, I heard, not from his mouth, hates cigarettes, so I would smoke a half a pack a day at work," he said. "It was also an excuse to get the f--- out of the building for 10 minutes at a stretch."

But despite being holding the WWE Tag Team Championship for a little under a year after winning the titles at Judgment Day 2006, Kendrick was unceremoniously released from WWE on July 30, 2009. He was released by WWE Executive Vice President for Talent Relations John Laurinaitis over the phone because of the economy, Kendrick said. Kendrick called the move to release him over the phone "cowardly."

"He then tells me ... I wasn't really getting the job done like they expected, at which point I said, "Bulls--- Johnny, I made a 60-year-old man look like he still belongs in the ring; don't give me that.' Johnny had always been very supportive of my work to my face, always. I know that was garbage. He then says, 'Look do you want help getting to Japan or what?' I was insulted. I don't want his help. I told him I don't need his help. I asked for the real reason, 'Is it the pot fines?' I had a script for it, I had heated discussions with Dr. Black, I had to refuse a test to get him to call me at one point. He wouldn't admit to that.

"I wanted honesty, maybe I got it, but I think more likely I am dealing with a coward. He did fire me over the phone after all."

Now, Kendrick is touring the U.S. independent scene. Following his WWE release, he went to work for Dragon Gate USA, something he said he's enjoying a great deal. He's always worked for Pro Wrestling Guerilla and competed in the big Battle of Los Angeles tournament. He defeated Austin Aries in the first round before falling to Joey Ryan in the second round. The tournament was won by Kenny Omega, who beat Roderick Strong in the finals.

"Battle of Los Angeles was fun for me," Kendrick said. "It's right down the road. The (Motor City Machine) Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) crashed at our place which my wife Taylor and I always love, they crack us up, so it was worth it just for them to come over."

Kendrick said for both Pro Wrestling Guerilla fans and indy fans in southern California, it's the two biggest nights of the year.

"For the local California indy wrestlers, it's the show to be on, and it's really fun for me to see the first-time guys who, for them, this exposure is the biggest they have had so far so they want to impress, but also you see nerves. I remember doing my first Super 8 tournament and the King of the Indies, I was pumped back then. I am 30, I have been wrestling for a little over 10 years now, those kinds of things help kill the cynic in me, and help me get excited. I still love the wrestling part of it, when everybody has a goal that concerns their art, not how much money they will make or it, or when jealousy gets involved, but when they just are excited about the moment they are going to be creating there art, that's just the best to me."

One of the long-time standouts of the independent scene, Bryan Danielson, recently signed with WWE and made his debut in a dark match Jan. 4. Kendrick made his pro debut against Danielson in 1999 -- both were trained at Shawn Michaels' school -- and the two have a long history. Kendrick called Danielson "awesome."

"I could have molded my attitude to be what they wanted. I prefer to be rebellious, or not be a slave, or what ever you want to call it. His lifestyle is clean, he should be fine," Kendrick said. "He doesn't have a problem with authority the same way I do."

In fact, if Kendrick would've had his way, the two would've been back on the same track prior to his WWE release.

"We both had been very actively trying to become a tag team," Kendrick said. "He would have been the surprise partner, except they never cared enough to materialize the surprise partner. So SURPRISE!!!!"

Kendrick says he has no intention of ever going back to WWE, saying he will not trade his happiness away to them again. But recently, rumours have circulated that he will soon be making his TNA debut to compete in the X Division.

But for now, he'll continue to compete on the independent scene. He's currently scheduled for a match against Jimmy Jacobs for Dragon Gate USA on Jan. 23 in Chicago. He's appreciative of Gabe Sapolsky and Dragon Gate USA and isn't limited by what WWE does/doesn't allow.

"I am lucky that I am in a position to be able to wrestle according to my own vision now," Kendrick said. "Not entirely at this point, I am not to where I am running a show that is according to what I think wrestling should be, but I am able to wrestle my matches more like I picture wrestling being, or that is what I think it should be."

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

For all the WWE Music fans (like me), The listings for the next WWE album (Called WWE:A New Day) have been released:

1. The Legacy - "It's a new day"
    2. Dolph Ziggler - "I am perfection"
    3. The Miz - "I came to play"
    4. Christian -"Just close your eyes"
    5. Bret Hart - "Return the Hitman"
    6. Sheamus - "Written in my face"
    7. Tiffany - "Insatiable"
    8. Ezekial Jackson - "Domination"
    9. Evan Bourne - "Born to Win"
    10. Primo - "Oh Puerto Rico"
    11. Zach Ryder - Oh Radio"
    12. Hart Dynasty - "New Foundation"
    13. The Bella Twins - "You can look (But you can't touch)"
    14. Jeri-Show - Crank the walls down"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Rock to return?

During an interview with the Ottawa Sun promoting his new movie, Tooth Fairy, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson says he will "absolutely" be returning to World Wrestling Entertainment. He say he's looking to return this summer after he completes filming on another movie.

"Will I go back? Absolutely. The goal is to go back and do something special. I talked to Vince (McMahon) a couple of months ago and we're trying to come up with something," Johnson told Tim Baines of the Ottawa Sun. "After I wrap 'Faster,' maybe in the summer I can go back."

He also confirms reports saying that he was scheduled to guest host this past week's episode of Raw, but was called to Mexico to promote Tooth Fairy.

"The plan was for me to be the host (this past Monday)," Johnson said. "But then I had to go to Mexico (to promote the movie). The idea of me going back to WWE is intriguing and exciting. I grew up in the business."

rajah.com

• Advertisement

Another Raw Guest-GM has been announced in the line up to Mania 26. It's none other than Jerry Springer

Raw GM line to Mania (so far) is

Jan. 18, 2010: Jon Heder & Don Johnson Jan. 25, 2010: James Roday & Dule Hill
    Feb. 1, 2010: William Shatner
    Feb. 15, 2010: Jerry Springer
    March. 15, 2010: "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement