Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Anyone think that with Taker reportedly asking to face Bryan that he wants to give him the win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Maybe, they're constant rumours that 'Taker's struggling. They seem to crop up every year. At this point you gotta wonder how much he has left in him. With all the talk of Taker being a traditional guy (and therefore believing that you end your career on the mat, putting your opponent over), maybe he's looking to pass the torch.

Or maybe he just recognises that Brock could likely do lasting damage and that Cena has one type of match in him, while he could genuinely put on a good show with Bryan.

Personally, I'd love to see him face Ziggler but that'll never happen. WWE won't push him, which is a shame because he could make Taker look amazing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

jamc wrote: »
    Anyone think that with Taker reportedly asking to face Bryan that he wants to give him the win?
    More likely someone he feels he can work with and make a good match that he's not faced previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Taker and Daniel Bryan?

Yes please.

He could easily be the devil that the Wyatts refer to too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I think Taker vs Bryan with Taker as a heel is a great idea, been several years since we have seen a heel Taker. Would still prefer the current plan of Taker vs Lesnar though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Would be good to have taker back for a couple of months, if he was involved with Wyatts and as a heel he could have an on screen role for bit longer than he has had recently.

I don't see it happening though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd like to see Taker v Bryan. If Taker has in fact asked for Bryan I'd say that there's an outside chance of him being willing to pass the torch.

It has got to be heel Undertaker though, I ****ing hate him when he's doing the whole American badass thing.

Let me clarify actually. I didn't always hate Undertaker as a face, when he was the phenom and had been buried alive or betrayed using Paul Bearer or something like that by a heel, some of his returns were absolutely epic. But the American Bad Ass gimmick was one of the worst successful ones for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i would'nt mind if they had Taker as a heel against Bryan.

You could have Bryan in the ring after taking out the Wyatts or having Bryan go go on about who the "Devil" is etc then for the lights to go out , but when they come back on there is Taker behind Bryan (The pop would be massive)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I would have 100% confidence in Bryan and taker to create a match which makes people doubt once it starts.

I`d be 190% sure the match would be fantastic but the result would still be a formality like the Punk match was. Still a lot better than what they`ve planned for him now which is erm what is planned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I can see Batista Vs. Lesnar happening at Mania or Summerslam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Is Lesnar sticking around after Wrestlemania? I thought they only had him for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Batista won the Rumble and Lesnar won the belt at Elimination Chamber setting up a Mania title match between them. It wouldn't be my preference, and wouldn't help in any way with their over reliance on part timers but I guess it would be the star powered spectacle that could make them a bundle.

Is Batista only back part-time?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CSF wrote: »
    Is Batista only back part-time?

He's back til sometime in August, then he'll swan off to promote Marvel's Guardian's Of The Galaxy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Has he any other films scheduled somewhere along the line? Or is it just Guardians at the minute?

Has he any other films scheduled somewhere along the line? Or is it just Guardians at the minute?

As far as i know, Batista only has Guardians lined up in the forseeable future

Interesting developments in store for The Shield

Per Bryan Alvarez in this week's (subscribers-only) F4W Newsletter, the expectation within the company is that management will elect to replace Reigns rather than disband the group following his departure:
    The feeling this week is that when Roman Reigns does his babyface turn and split from the Shield, likely in February, that he'll be replaced with a new guy in the group. The name Mason Ryan has been thrown around as a possibility.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1910389-report-the-shield-getting-a-new-member

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Any chance of throwing around a name with talent? :( Unless they wanted to do something cooler like bring in a leader (Punk?) and have him disagree with Reigns and then kick him out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

lol Mason Ryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Get a proper faction going, real americans, combine with shield or something, I miss the days of the corperate ministry where they genuinely could put up a decent fight against the roster, not the 3 men can attack anyone without fear ala the shield

I know nothing about Mason Ryan, but I'm not massively in favour of The Shield continuing with new members. It didn't work for the Sugababes who were about a million times more over so I don't see what makes the Shield think it will work for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lots of doubts about Bray this past week.

Bray Wyatt's Daniel Bryan has a "home" now promo from the very end of Smackdown:

Bray Wyatt getting back to the roots of gimmick and I loved it.

I hope they do replace Reigns. Mason Ryan could be Ambrose or Rollins body guard when the whole group splits in the end.

New members just won't work in the Shield imo.

Those 3 guys have all built up such momentum, it won't be the same if even one of them leaves the group.

Reigns in particular. Can you picture the Shield without Reigns? I can't.

Split them all, or leave them together imo.

I know people don't like it and it's not my favourite storyline up to now but I am really looking forward to seeing where the Bryan and Wyatt storyline is going.

Bryan is a great wrestler, getting a storyline like this may be the biggest compliment WWE have given him yet, that they see how good he is outside a bell to bell match.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I know people don't like it and it's not my favourite storyline up to now but I am really looking forward to seeing where the Bryan and Wyatt storyline is going.

Bryan is a great wrestler, getting a storyline like this may be the biggest compliment WWE have given him yet, that they see how good he is outside a bell to bell match.

I like it. I don't have a great deal of confidence in Creative but it's something different and unpredictable. I think you have to give it a chance and time and see where it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Moneymaker wrote: »
    New members just won't work in the Shield imo.

Those 3 guys have all built up such momentum, it won't be the same if even one of them leaves the group.

Reigns in particular. Can you picture the Shield without Reigns? I can't.

Split them all, or leave them together imo.

Work for dx when hbk left? Also work to an extent with the horsemen on some occasions, I'm sick of stables and tag teams breakin up before they should!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Any chance of throwing around a name with talent? :( Unless they wanted to do something cooler like bring in a leader (Punk?) and have him disagree with Reigns and then kick him out.

In a way Punk would suit the group fine but he's been drifting along lately. His performances vs the hot Shield act have been tepid at times.
    Could see Rusev as his replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

GTR63 wrote: »
    In a way Punk would suit the group fine but he's been drifting along lately. His performances vs the hot Shield act have been tepid at times.
    Could see Rusev as his replacement.

They have high hopes for mojo rawley apparently , could people see him in the group, I have never seen him work myself....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement