Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'll be doing cartwheels if that feud happens and goes to WM.

I won't be. I can only imagine the ring work would be bland as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

He hasn't been released - his next tweet mentioned a police officer thinking his gps was a phone - the policeman released him without a ticket - he's just taking the píss!

Regarding the concussion, I watched the full match on superstars, and I don't think the above video is where the concussion came from - early on in the match ziggler was in the corner and Ryback was clotheslining him or something then they did that old conspicuous 'cut to the crowd' shot they used to do for chair shots. I think wwe edited out the actual concussion causing blow

A few seconds later, ziggler practically collapses while ducking a clothesline, and his eyes are all glazed over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I watched Superstars as well. From what I saw, if it was the clothesline at the end that caused it, it did look to me that Dolph landed on his head at an almost side angle.

It was a strange bump that I couldn't tell whether it was Ryback's fault or Dolph's for trying to be his usual extravagant self in his selling. If it's the latter, it would fly with the reports of Doctors telling him that he has to tone down the bumps he's taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

American Wolves to TNA

If true it could be the start of New Era for TNA. Out with the Old (Jarrett, Styles, Possibly Sting) , in with the New (Richards, Edwards)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Can't wait for Davey's 10 minute post match promo praising the Bro Mans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1922654-report-hulk-hogan-to-sign-wwe-deal-to-appear-at-wrestlemania?utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=br_wwe&utm_source=twitter.com

There is now a deal in place for Hulk Hogan to return to WWE and he's expected to sign any time now.

Hogan will be appearing at WrestleMania XXX in some fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1922654-report-hulk-hogan-to-sign-wwe-deal-to-appear-at-wrestlemania?utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=br_wwe&utm_source=twitter.com

There is now a deal in place for Hulk Hogan to return to WWE and he's expected to sign any time now.

Hogan will be appearing at WrestleMania XXX in some fashion.

Hopefully hes not actually wrestling. I wouldnt mind him in the corner of someone thats not Daniel Bryan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hopefully hes not actually wrestling. I wouldnt mind him in the corner of someone thats not Daniel Bryan
    I could see some "brawling" outside the ring and a big boot or two...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And I could see him attempting to steal Daniel Bryan's spotlight at the end, Brother!

• Advertisement

Feel like Bad News Barrett here:
    Daniel Bryan update

Details are stiff forthcoming, but WWE has confirmed that Bryan Danielson suffered a concussion last night on Raw.

Earlier today the word going around at television is that Bryan did not remember a lot of what happened in the cage match and that the concussion seemed to be serious, but all that was confirmed is the diagnosis of the concussion.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No no no no no!

I really hope it's a bad rumour. This could totally derail his momentum for WM if he's out for along time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I didn't notice him take any bad bumps really. Anyone any ideas when it could have happened?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I didn't notice him take any bad bumps really.

Me neither and he seemed very coherent at the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

beakerjoe wrote: »

Cesaro and Swagger are in trouble!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know it's a long shot, but we're not talking a kayfabe concussion here, where he'll say "I can't remember what happened" and go back to the Wyatts, no? :(

razorblunt wrote: »
    Cesaro and Swagger are in trouble!

Yep I can imagine The Real Americans and Zeb coming out cutting a promo and then hearing I am A Real American blare out, that should cause a pop or two! ;)

I know it's a long shot, but we're not talking a kayfabe concussion here, where he'll say "I can't remember what happened" and go back to the Wyatts, no? :(

Hmmmm good idea and nice swerve! After the reaction Monday night they can't hold Bryan down much longer IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Omackeral wrote: »
    And I could see him attempting to steal Daniel Bryan's spotlight at the end, Brother!

Absolutely.

I reckon with Cena's new red/yellow cacks, it's a good indication of who's corner he'll be in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I can't find any legit source for the concussion rumour. Everyones claiming the "WWE have confirmed" or "a spokesperson said", but when you follow it back it's some ****ty blog.

One even went as far as saying he had a concussion, wrested on the SD taping anyway and was rushed to hospital.

• Advertisement

Deadlie wrote: »
    I can't find any legit source for the concussion rumour. Everyones claiming the "WWE have confirmed" or "a spokesperson said", but when you follow it back it's some ****ty blog.

One even went as far as saying he had a concussion, wrested on the SD taping anyway and was rushed to hospital.

Both Wrestling Observer and PWInsider have confirmed it via a WWE spokesman. For whatever reason they didn't announce it on WWE.com.

rovert wrote: »
    Both Wrestling Observer and PWInsider have confirmed it via a WWE spokesman. For whatever reason they didn't announce it on WWE.com.

Not like WWE not to confirm it on wwe.com tho. Fingers crossed it's a misunderstanding or a fake story leaked!

This is the PW Torch quote

WWE NEWS: Report - Daniel Bryan suffered concussion on Raw

WWE star Daniel Bryan suffered a concussion during the Raw TV main event on Monday night, reports SEScoops.com.

A WWE spokesman confirmed Bryan's injury, which reportedly took place early in the steel cage main event. Bryan continued on with the match, then took part in the show-closing angle dropping his affiliation with the Wyatts and returning to form as babyface Daniel Bryan.

*** The following contains Smackdown SPOILER information ***

Daniel Bryan was held off Tuesday night's Smackdown TV taping following the concussion. WWE followed up on the show-closing Raw angle by having Bray Wyatt address feeling "betrayed" by Bryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would be very surprised if WWE started using fake concussions as storylines with all the recent uproar about the long-term effects.

If true its not a storyline, Sure there was no bump I can remember Bryan taking and I cant imagine them doing such an angle without a big bump to play off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The back suplex off the top maybe? Can't imagine it being much else.

Either way if he is concussed it's probably the worst timing ever :(

Moneymaker wrote: »
    The back suplex off the top maybe?

That is the most cited cause.

Bryan has been very foolish with his head over the years. He often would be concussed in ROH and he was right along side with Nigel McGuinness in delivering full force headbutts. McGuinness has SERIOUS memory issues now.

In WWE Daniel Bryan takes a lot of abuse to the the front and back of the head. For example he still does the diving top rope headbutt - a move with quite the legacy given the Benoit situation. Harley Race used to do the diving headbutt and warned Benoit in the strongest possible terms about it as it really messed Harley up. Wade Keller is putting up old audios from 2003 and in a lot of them he is asking aloud that Benoit stop doing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Number 30 in the rumble and do nothing but toss the last guy out then bubble wrap until mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

This whole Ryback tweeting business is getting fair annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

cian68 wrote: »
    Number 30 in the rumble and do nothing but toss the last guy out then bubble wrap until mania.

Yeah they could do that.

Think their best bet is have him win the chamber match now though. And then a triple threat at WM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement