Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Elimination Chamber 2014 - official poster:

image_zpsdb3f4d6b.jpg

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'd like to take this time to inform people that Stephanie gets THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS per year as an on-screen performer. This is separate to her paycheck for her backstage duties and stock dividends of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd like to take this time to inform people that Stephanie gets THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS per year as an on-screen performer. This is separate to her paycheck for her backstage duties and stock dividends of course.

Ha ha imagine what trip's is on as an on air talent too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

regardless of number of appearances?

Think that poster would work better at Halloween since it looks like a witch at a cauldron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Part of Lita's fan forum q & a on Trish Stratus website

How she met Trish: “I wonder if Trish remembers this…… It was in Florida, we had both just been hired and were not on the road yet. At this time there was not a developmental territory, but we were brought in just to meet with some management and writers to talk about some possible ideas and general acclimation. Our contracts both included rental car vouchers, but you had to be 25 to rent a car. We were both 24 and worried about how we were going to travel. I was going to turn 25 about 6 months before her, so our plan was that I should hopefully have turned 25 by they time they called us up and I would make sure she had a ride, too.”

How it feels to have inspired so many young people: “That is probably my proudest accomplishment. While it is flattering when people say they want to grow up to be a wrestler because of me, I can appreciate and feel honor in that. However, it gives me the most joy when someone says that they were inspired by me to be them. I have pretty specific, quirky interests. I can enjoy talking with people who share similar interests with me, but what is far more attractive is someone knowing who they are. My whole life I have drawn inspiration from things so far removed from the events they actually inspired, but I think that’s important. To find inspiration and drive in things you see and experience in life, but use those things not to copy or emulate, but to just be that little push or fire to give make you want to set out whatever is in your heart.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I'd climb into her chamber any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Elimination Chamber 2014 - official poster

Could HHH be in the world title chamber match perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Elimination Chamber 2014 - official poster
    She is amazing, but Jesus, the ego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Wasn't R-Truth randomly the only guy on the poster for some PPV last year that he didn't even appear on.They don't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things.At least Steph is actually an important part of a current major storyline,unlike Truth was.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Truth was on the Hell in a Cell poster, and then his appearance at the show came to him being on that panel thing wearing the suit from the poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Didn't quite know where to put this. Thought it was pretty good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

beakerjoe wrote: »
    If true its not a storyline, Sure there was no bump I can remember Bryan taking and I cant imagine them doing such an angle without a big bump to play off.

Doesn't have to be anything big. AJ got hers from hitting the turnbuckles. You can just be unlucky and have it happen on a regular move you have taken a hundred times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1925548-update-on-jake-roberts-status-with-wwe-heading-into-royal-rumble
    "The appearance from Jake Roberts at Old School RAW was a one-time deal. That doesn't mean he won't be in the Royal Rumble or the WWE Hall of Fame but no deal has been put in place for either yet."

Still a slim chance that Jake ''The Snake'' Roberts could be in the Royal Rumble

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

That's a rewrite from what was in the Wrestling Observer. The Observer had the typical plans change all the time, if he is in the Rumble it will be kept as a surprise etc caveat.

Not the first person to say this but Jake was smart enough not to hit the DDT on Raw. WWE and/or Jake might be saving that moment for down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Source:Wade Keller, PWTorch VIP Hotline
    According to Wade Keller, the decision to end the alliance came much sooner than planned. Apparently, Triple H isolated Vince McMahon on the flight back from the WWE Network announcement in Las Vegas and talked him out of keeping the alliance continuing. The end plan was always for Bryan to split from the family. They actually tested the angle the day before RAW at a house show in White Plains, NY and it got over huge with the crowd, so the go-ahead was given by Vince to perform the angle for this past RAW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That seems pretty legit to me.

Meltzer's version:
    The plan was always to turn him back as evidenced by Vince McMahon making it clear to Michael Cole on commentary to never get on Bryan or portray him as a heel. The plan largely was in the long-term, as much as long-term there is, how it was originally going to play out. There wasn’t any kind of great debate or big decision making regarding turning him back this week.

What Keller also added in that Hotline Hunter felt after seeing the WWE Network being a reality and the challenge ahead for subscribers it was better not disenfranchise the (hardcore) audience who didn't like the angle or thought WWE was mistreating Daniel Bryan.

PWInsider:
    WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley wrote on his Facebook page that his current deal with WWE will soon be coming to an end.
    In regard to his relationship with the company going forward, Foley wrote, "My official contract with WWE runs out soon, but we have mutually agreed to continue to work together on a case-by-case handshake deal – the same way I did some of my best work (remember the 2004 Randy Orton program) with WWE in the past. The only minor difference (other than not getting a weekly check…ouch) is that I will work prospective WWE dates and projects around my schedule, instead of working my schedule around prospective dates. With the success of my live shows (thanks everyone) I needed more flexability in my schedule. But WWE has shown some interest in partnering with me on these live shows in the future, and a WWE produced, first-class, multi-media one-man Mick Foley show has always been my long-term goal. As WWE showed with the roll-out of the new network, when they go into something, they go ALL in – and I’m crossing my fingers, hoping they’ll go ALL in on a fall 2014 15th anniversery “HAVE A NICE DAY” production – even if it’s just for a limited run."

To read Foley's complete comments, visit his Facebook Page.

What next for Foley?

PodcastOne podcast?
    A return Dublin date of his well received comedy show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Just saw this posted on Cypress Avenue's Facebook page:
    Delighted to announce An Evening With Diamond Dallas Page on 10th March.
    Tickets onsale Monday with a limited number of VIP meet & greets available.
    Catch stories from one of the most charismatic wrestlers of all time, including tales from WWE, WCW, The Devils Rejects, right through to DDPYOGA and his recent work with Jake Roberts and Scott Hall.

Might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

rovert wrote: »
    PWInsider:

What next for Foley?

PodcastOne podcast?
    A return Dublin date of his well received comedy show?

Didn't he say he'd never come back here for a show as some in the crowd were acting the bollix?

• Advertisement

Didn't he say he'd never come back here for a show as some in the crowd were acting the bollix?

That's the joke. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

What happened?

What happened?

Just noticed the join date.

Yeah it is fairly infamous around these parts.

Read post #84 of this page onwards: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056376327

Bollix ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Just noticed the join date.

Yeah it is fairly infamous around these parts.

Read post #84 of this page onwards: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056376327

:(

Thats disgraceful.

Reminds me of a few years ago when a friend of mine was playing an acoustic gig in a pub/club with a good crowd and a few muppets kept heckling her, putting her off and generally ruining everything, a few of my more assertive friends "had a word" and they left, but it still ruined the whole night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

What happened?

Jay Hunter and the OSW lads were in the back row shouting 'Vader's gay' at him :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    Jay Hunter and the OSW lads were in the back row shouting 'Vader's gay' at him :pac:

Slander! Ya cheeky monkey. I love Mick and respect the hell out of him but he's a poor comedian both in the sense of not having punchlines and being unable to deal with a few overly enthusiastic fans. If interested we talk about it and I splice some footage here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm convinced that show is the reason that the Comedy people who worked with foley avoid the pale like the blague.

I'm convinced that show is the reason that the Comedy people who worked with foley avoid the pale like the blague.

I'd say they'd even avoid it like the plague also.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'd say they'd even avoid it like the plague also.;)

Gorram iPhone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement