Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Slander! Ya cheeky monkey. I love Mick and respect the hell out of him but he's a poor comedian both in the sense of not having punchlines and being unable to deal with a few overly enthusiastic fans. If interested we talk about it and I splice some footage here

Cornette is doing a tour of the UK... HE will be well able to deal with hecklers lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Charisteas wrote: »
    Jay Hunter and the OSW lads were in the back row shouting 'Vader's gay' at him :pac:

And then Vader appeared......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Why is there little to no further news about Bryan's concussion surfacing?

When Ziggler got concussed there was a minor update almost on the hour, there's no exact details on it either, how it happened, official announcement or anything really?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Loughc wrote: »

When Ziggler got concussed there was a minor update almost on the hour, there's no exact details on it either, how it happened, official announcement or anything really?

Wish I knew.

Not totally caught on podcasts and things like that maybe something surfaced there but to me it could be:

- They are waiting for full tests (it was described as a serious concussion)
    - It is a storyline (I doubt it)
    - They are hushing things up as the amount of prior concussions is a rather dirty secret. 10+ years he estimated he suffered 5-6 concussions in his career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

He has quite a bad memory from them alright,I've heard him struggling to remember big moments earlier in his career that have been brought up in various interviews and podcasts etc.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »

Erm whats the latest on Dolph anyway, last I heard it was meant to be a bad one.
    rovert wrote: »
    Wish I knew.

Not totally caught on podcasts and things like that maybe something surfaced there but to me it could be:

- They are waiting for full tests (it was described as a serious concussion)
    - It is a storyline (I doubt it)
    - They are hushing things up as the amount of prior concussions is a rather dirty secret. 10+ years he estimated he suffered 5-6 concussions in his career

Surprised its that few with his style. Him & McGuinness drilling each other with headbutts always made me wince & wonder wtf were they thinking?
    Happens a nice bit in NJPW too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    Surprised its that few with his style. Him & McGuinness drilling each other with headbutts always made me wince & wonder wtf were they thinking?
    Happens a nice bit in NJPW too.

Think Nigel got the worst of it. He loafed a ring post before. People claim chair shots are hard to watch, but the chairs have quite a bit of give. A ring post isnt going anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Think Nigel got the worst of it. He loafed a ring post before. People claim chair shots are hard to watch, but the chairs have quite a bit of give. A ring post isnt going anywhere.

Yeah I was sitting ringside at the same corner as that very ring post, the sound of Nigels skull was sickening, people around the room where "ooohing" except for us at the corner, we were in shock of that sound, the DVD didn't pick it up thankfully, because words just can't describe how horrible it sounded...it did make Nigel's comeback amazing however

Yanked off live events:

10zsnb8.jpg

Not encouraging news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

A lot of reports are saying he is out of the Rumble as of now. Couldn't have come at a worse time for him considering he had just gotten away from the death sentence of being in the Wyatt Family.

Guess we'll find out on Raw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

The fact that they aren't announcing on their website gives me hope that they want to be 100 percent sure of what their options are and want to be able to change things at a moments notice.

First priority is his safety, given his history, he needs to be very carefully managed with stuff like this lest he end up like Nigel.

Yanked off live events:

Live event refund

Not encouraging news.

Even worse that his replacement again was Big Show(like in the European Tour where he got put with the other touring roster while Show worked the long forgotten Orton feud that went nowhere). Not a huge spoiler but Show did the job to Bray Wyatt at the event....just sayin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GTR63 wrote: »
    Even worse that his replacement again was Big Show

Wow I literally shuddered when I read that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Pretty much a foregone conclusion Batista wins the Rumble then I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Pretty much a foregone conclusion Batista wins the Rumble then I guess.

Well I can see him getting screwed by Del Rio in the Rumble, setting up a feud between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Charisteas wrote: »
    Well I can see him getting screwed by Del Rio in the Rumble, setting up a feud between the two.

If his 6-8 month return run is entirely Facetista, then a feud with ADR'll send grappling fans into some sort of boredom fugue. They really produce between bells, but hell, the only heat it'll get is from the hairdryers in post-prod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I thought ADR's match with Swagger at Mania was actually quite enjoyable. Considering people will be much more invested in Batista and the fact that ADR is a way better heel than face I wouldn't mind seeing it at all. Doubt it'll be a Mania match though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's a shame ADR has zero heat at all because he really does produce very solid matches.

The face turn really did kill him.

It's a shame ADR has zero heat at all because he really does produce very solid matches.

The face turn really did kill him.

Pity he isn't as entertaining as that tweet he sent to Batista.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's a shame ADR has zero heat at all because he really does produce very solid matches. The face turn really did kill him.

He killed himself! No matter how hard you push him, his character/promos are not main event level. Solid wrestler but no electric performances. Surprised he gets a pass by the IWC!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I thought ADR's match with Swagger at Mania was actually quite enjoyable.

http://blog.softwareinsider.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/men-in-black-neuralizer.jpg

Del Rio is one of those people who is really hindered by the writing. It's clear they like him as he hasn't had the typical Kofi/Miz disappearance into the mediocre spots and he has good matches. I always thought his character was very dull and Ricardo eclipsed him completely. I really loved his stuff with Dolph though and really liked his reasoning for turning heel. You could tell there was genuine emotion to fuel his promo. Even the interaction on Twitter was pretty good. And I disliked him more than anybody when he started out. For a filler feud I think they could be doing far worse than Del Rio.

Not dead:
    32508248817e11e3b99c0aa73e1070c5_8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Copies of correspondence between the Ultimate Warrior & Vince McMahon back in 1991 have leaked. This is relating to the time Warrior allegedly "held up" Vince for money back at Summerslam.

Makes for interesting reading, especially when you see how Vince bowed to every demand made. Source - Wrestlezone.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Copies of correspondence between the Ultimate Warrior & Vince McMahon back in 1991 have leaked. This is relating to the time Warrior allegedly "held up" Vince for money back at Summerslam.

Makes for interesting reading, especially when you see how Vince bowed to every demand made. Source - Wrestlezone.com

Post it then dude, don't keep us hanging :cool:

To give proper credit it was @davidbix who was the one who digged it up.

Original letter:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-NNkZSWAAYlMDMyQ1VIVVMxaUk/edit?pli=1

The transcription:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/12CfFOEhB3_qmM8xdnXpmtGQdVnlGbpHJuruI9rY7yAQ/edit?pli=1

It is pretty emo for two roided up men in 1991.

Bix has done more for the wrestling business than any other sans Vince McMahon.

Bix has done more for the wrestling business than any other sans Vince McMahon.

He legit has every sleazy thing or utterance by a Wrestler or Wrestling personality stored neatly in organised folders in his Dropbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

He legit has every sleazy thing or utterance by a Wrestler or Wrestling personality stored neatly in organised folders in his Dropbox.

That must be one hell of a Dropbox.

• Advertisement

The man is a professional. Just don't mention steroid side-effects.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement