Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Anyone read the Jake/Warrior/Warrior's "camp" spat on twitface? Quite hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Anyone read the Jake/Warrior/Warrior's "camp" spat on twitface? Quite hilarious :pac:

Twitface?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Generic term for social meeja sites. I believe it was on twitter Warrior responded to Jake's "asshole" comment from an interview on Monday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The line up for MSG in March points to the Cena-Bray feud and Batista remaining babyface.

These are subject to many, many changes even up to the day.
    WWE will return to Madison Square Garden in NYC on Saturday 3/8 featuring:
    *John Cena & Batista & Rey Mysterio vs. The Wyatt Family

*CM Punk vs. Kane

*WWE Tag Team champions The Rhodes Brothers vs. The New Age Outlaws

*Also advertised are Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Kofi Kingston, Damien Sandow, WWE Divas champion AJ Lee, The Bella Twins and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Hulk must be worried!
    Batista has been announced for a new indie horror movie called LA Slasher. Brooke Hogan, Danny Trejo, Mischa Barton and Eric Roberts are also in the movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hulk must be worried!

Batista has been announced for a new indie straight to DVD horror movie called LA Slasher. Brooke Hogan, Danny Trejo, Mischa Barton and Eric Roberts are also in the movie.

FYP :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Wow Eric Roberts AND Danny Trejo!
    How can this not be a hallmark of quality. Maybe if Ron Perlman got in on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hulk must be worried!

Nice one, took me a second to get that!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

At the National Television Awards tonight in England, Educating Yorkshire won an award. Musharaf Asghar went up to accept, and while doing so....apparently got a YES! chant going!

Daniel Bryan heard about it too.

Congratulations to @MusharafAsghar on the National Television Awards win! Another strong member of the #YESMovement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Awesome interview.

• Advertisement

Today is the 30th anniversary of Hulkamania, brother:

Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    WWE officials have reportedly believed for months that Sting was coming in this year and it's been talked about even more like it's going to happen recently.

They should check the rafters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Wonder will all the 12 year olds know who he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

That Bryan interview is pretty cool. Surprising to see how open he is about the company and how we feels he should be getting more from them. I always thought they had to keep a certain amount of distance with interviewers with stuff like this, but he came across very well and made a lot of sense.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Deadlie wrote: »
    That Bryan interview is pretty cool. Surprising to see how open he is about the company and how we feels he should be getting more from them. I always thought they had to keep a certain amount of distance with interviewers with stuff like this, but he came across very well and made a lot of sense.

If fits his character to be speaking like that tho, Bryan against the Machine and all that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

MrMac84 wrote: »

They should debut him in Atlanta/WCW country so people give him a rousing ovation. It'd be kinda sad if he got a "yayy (hey who's this guy?)" response Batista got on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

They need to stop bringing people back in Dayton, Ohio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Deadlie wrote: »

Generally Youtube commenters are godawful but I liked this;

"So a humble, polite, easy-going, highly talented, patient, charismatic guy, Daniel Bryan, is going to be passed over for a 45 year old, injury-prone, in-it-for-the-money, movie promoting guy, Batista; who just buried the WWE roster on his little Twitter account and in the past scrutinized WWE for being too PG and kiddy and crawled back after he failed MMA...

Vintage dumbass WWE logic."

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Moneymaker wrote: »
    "So a humble, polite, easy-going, highly talented, patient, charismatic guy, Daniel Bryan, is going to be passed over for a 45 year old, injury-prone, in-it-for-the-money, movie promoting guy, Batista; who just buried the WWE roster on his little Twitter account and in the past scrutinized WWE for being too PG and kiddy and crawled back after he failed MMA...

Could not agree anymore with this comment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

MrMac84 wrote: »

I don't think they need to know who is. Once they see this 'new' guy with the crazy white (or red) facepaint, baseball bat, dressed in black, they will instantly be intrigued. Bring him back as a heel and batter Taker with the baseball bat, the 12 year olds will love the feud as much as the IWC.

More Sting stuff - F4Wonline
    - While a contract itself hasn't been signed yet, talks between Sting and WWE are so far that they are discussing concepts for him using the name "A Man Called Sting.

Charisteas wrote: »
    I don't think they need to know who is. Once they see this 'new' guy with the crazy white (or red) facepaint, baseball bat, dressed in black, they will instantly be intrigued. Bring him back as a heel and batter Taker with the baseball bat, the 12 year olds will love the feud as much as the IWC.

They could put together some great video packages as well before he debuts.

Hopefully he would get a better reaction than batista if he ever shows up :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

More Sting stuff - F4Wonline

While a contract itself hasn't been signed yet, talks between Sting and WWE are so far that they are discussing concepts for him using the name "A Man Called Sting.

A man called Sting? They can't just call him Sting? They have to use something stupid like that. Or is it supposed to be a nickname? In which case there are better nicknames too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Generally Youtube commenters are godawful but I liked this;

Past it, injury prone,although proven draw Batista who's return achieved Raw's highest rating in 2 years.

I love Bryan but thats a typical blinkered smarky youtube comment.

Tyson Kidd should be unified champion!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Am i the only one who thinks Sting vs Taker at this stage will be a woeful match? The promos leading up to it could be great i know but the match itself will be terrible since both men need somehow to nearly carry them at this stage plus we all know Sting would not be ending the streak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Riddle101 wrote: »
    A man called Sting? They can't just call him Sting? They have to use something stupid like that. Or is it supposed to be a nickname? In which case there are better nicknames too.

It was his theme tune at one point in WCW.

Always thought he was pretty peed off at Vinnie Mac over the treatment of WCW wrestlers and he seems like the kind of fella not to change his mind very easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Am i the only one who thinks Sting vs Taker at this stage will be a woeful match? The promos leading up to it could be great i know but the match itself will be terrible since both men need somehow to nearly carry them at this stage plus we all know Sting would not be ending the streak

Most online have said it would be a poor match so not alone in that. Me? I wouldn't be totally against it, both have enough knowledge to work around their limitations and the spectacle of it would be good enough for some.hulk v rock wasn't exactly a wrestling clinic, but it didn't need to be.

Saying that as Taker can't have much left, I'd prefer to use this match to put someone over who has a few years left, or failing Cena or Brock would be better matches for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement