Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Diva Dirt reports that WWE has signed twenty-year old British women’s wrestler Britani Knight after she had her second tryout yesterday at the SmackDown tapings in London. She had her first tryout match back in November of 2010. Her brother Zak also had a tryout last year and yesterday with WWE, but no word yet if he was signed.
    drayme wrote: »
    She hasnt yet

Do you know something we don't know!

Yeah, I may have been too quick to post; the word going round now is that she's denying reports of being signed. She says she did have the tryout match but has not personally recieved word yet if she will get a contract....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Hope she gets it, Knight is quite the good wrestler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Hope she gets it, Knight is quite the good wrestler.

A good 6 months in FCW will flush that out of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

britani.jpg

would be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/18/2174501/miami-bound-john-morrison-breaks.html

John Morrison spoke with The Miami Herald this week. Here are some highlights:

Changes to his character:
    "I think the main reason people take me more seriously now is my beard. I think that is the thing that has made the John Morrison character turn the corner and become looked at as a title contender. As someone people see or could see me in the ring with John Cena, The Rock and Steve Austin, even The Miz. I can’t believe I just said that, but The Miz is there. He is the WWE champion. All those guys were or are at the top for a reason. The more serious attitude, the aggression and the anger is something Johnny Nitro never had and John Morrison had been lacking prior to this year. I think I tapped into some very real things as would any method actor would."

His hopes for WrestleMania 28:
    "I love Miami. I’m stoked that we are going there next year. If we are not going to be in Los Angeles, we may as well be in Miami. I love the sun. Next year I hope and expect to be main eventing WrestleMania. I want to come in as WWE champion or world champion or be involved in a WWE championship or world championship match."

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

Seems like Eli Cottonwood's promo on NXT season 2 really showed Morrison the importance of facial hair...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

From PWinsider.com

'On the WWE PPV calendar, the WWE Night of Champions PPV concept has been officially dropped from the schedule. The date is still scheduled for a PPV on September 18th at the HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY, but is now listed at "TBA" for the name of the show.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I don't know if this is bull$hit or legit, but serves as a warning/reminder to make sure your laptop or computer has good anti-virus software installed. There's a few decent legit free anti-virus and anti-spyware software products if you perform a simple google search.
    The website pwinsider.com has been the subject of ridicule by the Inernet Wrestling Communit for years. Dave Scherer hasn't broken a story for years. Buck Woodward never breaks stories and his sole job seems to be to make polls on the website. Mike Johnson seems to be the workhorse but when he's not getting scoops from Tommy Dreamer or Gabe Sapolski then the site suffers greatly.
    However, that is not the reason I am writing this article. It's a shame that a website that considers themselves credible would stoop to the lows they have stooped to. They have been known to contact site webmasters and ask them to remove references to pwinsider.com and Dave Scherer has been known to have an intense hate for Wade Keller of pwtorch.com and Dave Meltzer at wrestlingobserver.com. Very sad.
    Perhaps the guys at PWInsider are jealous of those sites making money from their subscriber base instead of having to rely on pop up ads riddled with viruses. Just look up the term pwspyware in Google and you'll see hundreds of references to the site from the last few years. Scherer, however, refuses to fix the problem. Instead he tells his readers to buy a monthly subscription if they want to have an ad-free site. Ridiculous. PWInsider is not worth the money.
    I would like to caution all of you to stay away from that website. Just surf the web and you'll hear stories from PWInsider subscribers and non-subscribers. The subscriber stories are entertaining. What site bans the mention of other sites on their board? PWInsider does. What site owner gets upset and threatens to close his board when someone bashes the ECW angle that TNA did in 2010? Dave Scherer of PWInsider, thats who.
    Stay away from PWInsider and be good to your computer or else it might get AIDS.

Today I saw something very strange on the PWInsider.com website. It appears that Dave Scherer is now collecting your IP address when you visit their website. Keep in mind that I am not talking about the paid site. I am talking about the free version of the website, although i'm sure it's being done on the paid version too.
    This is coming from the same guy that was warned by Google for embedding malicious code on his site and the same guy that had a script added to his site to block anyone using adblock software when visiting the pwinsider.com website.
    So, this is just a quick note and warning to those that visit pwinsider.com. Your IP address is being collected. There is no reason being given but if you look at the source code of the website you will see it.
    Just search their source code and look for the line that starts with <!-- IP Address:
    Pretty scary.
    I urge everyone to report pwinsider to Google for their privacy policy violation. Here is the link: http://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/request.py?contact=violation_report
    They must state why they are tracking IP addresses in their privacy policy, otherwise they should have their Google adsense account cancelled because that would be a violation of Google Adsense's policy.
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/4/25/2133043/pwinsider-now-collecting-users-ip-addresses

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/2/18/2000580/pwinsider-website-riddled-with-spyware-and-viruses

Mick Foley indicated last week on Twitter that he would like to appear at Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s birthday celebration, which takes place this Monday night on RAW. Although this may shock you, it is said that TNA officials were actually okay with him appearing at the event, but WWE declined.
    http://www.24wrestling.com/alberto-del-rios-backstage-rep-wwe-turns-down-mick-foley/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jesse White - son of Vader reportedly signs for WWE.

You can see him wrestle here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GovjBZas5s

and read some reports of the signing here: http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE_Signs_Son_of_Former_World_Champion_Possible_WWE_PPV_Changes_More.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I have no idea if people have seen this interview with Taker or not, but it takes place on some Canadian Channel about 9 years ago. Pretty interesting IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The sweet, sweet news that we finally got that cocksucker Osama bin Laden is only sweeter when you know that the first person to know was… The Rock. Yes, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, who is having a hell of a weekend, what with Fast Five blowing away box office records. He posted something cryptic on his Twitter feed before anybody knew what President Obama’s ‘dramatic announcement’ would be:
    Just got word that will shock the world - Land of the free...home of the brave DAMN PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
    Obviously The Rock has contacts in intelligence or the military, and he found out before the rest of us. As of this writing I’m not sure HOW bin Laden was killed, but if it was a wetworks operation with human operatives, I hope The Rock gets cast in the lead.
    And now use this thread to celebrate that a truly horrible human being has been served justice. Also, feel free to talk about how this announcement came on the eight year anniversary of George W Bush’s clownish ‘Mission Accomplished’ speech.

http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/05/01/the-rock-knew-bin-laden-was-dead-before-anyone-else

:pac:

ROH signs former TNA star

According to the Wrestling Observer, Ring Of Honor have signed Jay Lethal and he will make his return at the June 26th ROH iPPV show at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It won't be his debut.

It won't be his debut.

Yeah my bad, his return, not his debut

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/02/burn-notice-big-show/

Big Show coming into the new season of Burn Notice (great show btw)

• Advertisement

Recently retired WWE superstar Edge will visit Syfy’s Haven this season in the potentially recurring role of Dwight, a longtime resident of the spooky town and close confidant of Luke’s late father. Season 2 of the supernatural series premieres 15th of July 2011.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It was noted at yesterday's investors call that WWE will have 27,000 hours of their library material digitized by the middle of 2011, at a cost of $4 million. WWE is looking to spend $4-$5 million in the future to create new programming.

- Vince McMahon was asked about talent development during the call and he said that The Rock's return has made them more aware by having older names "brushing up" with younger talents like The Miz and Alberto Del Rio.

Vince feels that talent development is "going very well" and that Edge's retirement won't hurt their bottom line because they're doing so well with developing new talents.

No more Jomo for a while,I couldn't be happier!:

WWE wrestler John Morrison stated on his Twitter page that he is undergoing neck surgery. "I'm about to get an operation to fix my neck - I will return," Morrison wrote on Twitter. You can follow him at Twitter.com/TheRealMorrison.

Credit: prowrestlingnet.com

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

No more Jomo for a while,I couldn't be happier!:

WWE wrestler John Morrison stated on his Twitter page that he is undergoing neck surgery. "I'm about to get an operation to fix my neck - I will return," Morrison wrote on Twitter. You can follow him at Twitter.com/TheRealMorrison.

Credit: prowrestlingnet.com

Neck surgery isn't something anyone should be happy about..... just saying.
    Kevin Nash said on Sunday's Live Audio Wrestling radio show that he recently received an email stating that Lex Luger is now in charge of WWE's Wellness Policy.
    http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/John_Morrison_Surgery_Update_Lex_Luger_Running_WWE_s_Wellness_Policy_More.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

According to an article on WWE.com, WWE star John Morrison is only expected to miss four to six weeks due to a pinched nerve in his neck. Dr. Christopher Amann confirmed that the recovery time was only expected to be a few weeks as a result of surgery.

"This is considered minimally invasive surgery. Unlike other procedures, such as those undergone by John Cena and Edge, the typical recovery time is four to six weeks."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Couldn't have come at a better time for JoMo. He's been a bit lost since Melina got him into trouble at Mania, and it's the start of May (next big PPV is SummerSlam is long away).

He should've said he'd be out for 3 months and come back after 2 instead of the actual return time, WWE will be pressuring him back after 3 weeks :(

I hate that about wrestling. In no other sport or TV show would somebody be compelled to work hurt and return before they're ready. This 'suck it up' mentality bred out of insecurity of being 'phoney'....that and Vince cultivating that kind of backstabbing environment.

Wrestling is just so weird sometimes. It's so unique.

Courtesy of Wrestling Observer newsletter:

As noted before, WWE creative team member Michael Hayes will debut as Tyson Kidd's manager on this week's WWE Superstars. WWE had meetings recently and talked about reviving the manager role for some of their heels who can't talk on the microphone at the main event level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

As noted before, WWE creative team member Michael Hayes will debut as Tyson Kidd's manager on this week's WWE Superstars. WWE had meetings recently and talked about reviving the manager role for some of their heels who can't talk on the microphone at the main event level.

YES!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

just let him have trimmed that ridiculous mullet - does he live in a house without mirrors or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Handsome Doc Hendrix can have whatever hairstyle he pleases.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement