Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Looper007 wrote: »
    WWE especially deserve to be **** on if Batista wins the RR, the man doesn't need it pus he's 45 years of age and is pissing off in a few months.

He's gonna be full time for his 2 year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Adiboo wrote: »
    He's gonna be full time for his 2 year deal.

He'll be taking time off to promote his movie later this year, but will be back after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Mokuba wrote: »
    I can't speak for everyone but the reason I'm high on this idea is because I've passed the point of requiring some "legitimate" threat to the streak. It's never going to be beaten, so honestly I'd prefer to either see a great worked match (which Bryan/Taker would be) or someone getting a super rub from being in the match with him. Bryan for me fulfills two of those criteria, while Cena only fulfills one.

I also want it because I'm worried that without it Bryan ends up vs Sheamus or some other 7 minute midcard match.

LOL.

How fúcking predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The original Sin Cara is now claiming he owns the rights to that character, and WWE have no right to be using it. On Main Event, Alberto Del Rio unmasked the current Sin Cara, exposing him as Hunico again. This could now be the end of Sin Cara in the WWE.

Source:http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/447345-sin-cara-confirms-his-wwe-release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The search for Rey Mysterio part 3 continues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The original Sin Cara is now claiming he owns the rights to that character, and WWE have no right to be using it. On Main Event, Alberto Del Rio unmasked the current Sin Cara, exposing him as Hunico again. This could now be the end of Sin Cara in the WWE.

Source:http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/447345-sin-cara-confirms-his-wwe-release
    A tragic loss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GTR63 wrote: »
    Another interview with Punk

Make sure to WATCH it his body language tells the story:
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/24/5340578/cm-punk-talks-future-in-wwe-and-mma-brock-lesnar-wwe-network-ufc-on

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The search for Rey Mysterio part 3 continues

Samuray Del Sol is in development. If he doesnt fill the role they will never fill it. Guy just needs more experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

According to PWInsider.com, WWE has all but finalized the five top matches for WrestleMania XXX this year. As of right now, according to the site, the top five matches for WrestleMania XXX are:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton vs. Batista

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus

CM Punk vs. Triple H

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/83091/what-the-current-wrestlemania-30-card-looks-like.html?p=1

Incredibly underwhelming if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I couldn't even begin to care about Orton/Batista.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

SlickRic wrote: »

Neither would the vast majority of fans I reckon. Orton is boring and Batista, well who cares. Hopefully the crowd hijack it ala Orton vs Sheamus at Rawmania last year!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Raf32 wrote: »
    According to PWInsider.com, WWE has all but finalized the five top matches for WrestleMania XXX this year. As of right now, according to the site, the top five matches for WrestleMania XXX are:

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus

CM Punk vs. Triple H

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/83091/what-the-current-wrestlemania-30-card-looks-like.html?p=1

Bray Wyatt / Cena is a joke of a match that will see no more than a Cena victory parade, and a possible run in/hobble in by Hogan taking out the Wyatt family at ringside. Expect lots of Cena and Hogan posing afterwards as well, oh yay!

Daniel Bryan and Sheamus although can work together (see their 2/3 falls match) is not the right direction for Bryan at the moment.

And that main event screams boring as hell.

Taker - Lesnar is a lazy choice also, the only challenge left for Taker is Cena and WMXXX was the place for that match.

HHH/CM Punk makes sense storyline wise and the build up to it has been fine. No problems there and it deserves it place on the card.

The main event is a borefest and I really hope the crowd boos it out of the building but to be fair even if they do Vince wont care as they've already paid to be there!

SlickRic wrote: »

Yanks don't have to as it is free on WWE Network.

You (we) will have to cough up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Becoming increasingly convinced that Vince and whoever else have lost their marbles if that is the plan. That is even less exciting than Rock/Cena part 2 and at least that one was an obvious ratings draw.

Have been considering for a while whether to bother my arse watching and I think Brock's return has been the only thing that hasn't stopped me already. Wyatt, Sheamus? Who next for Bryan? The Miz and Kofi Kingston?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

That card looks like they're going for a spread tactic of having a current main eventer in as many matches as possible. Not a bad looking card but only Lesnar/Taker stands out as something I would look forward to, and even that is the one match where we all know the outcome. Also looks like a card where all five faces would likely win.

Is there any early plans for The Shield at Mania? Had a thought of turning The Real Americans babyfaces, and they face The Shield with Hogan (or another veteran) as Cesaro and Swagger's third partner. Cesaro and Coulter are already very likeable anyway. It's a fresh match, fresh feud, all excellent in ring guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

WWE wouldn`t do it but Bryan vs Lesnar & Taker vs Cena would be a bold option. I do want see Taker vs Lesnar though.

At least if the Batista vs Orton Main Event happens we can all go to bed a bit earlier

That is going to be a hard sell if Lesnar loses at EC, which is looking likely. Usually whenever he loses he has a few months off so it isn't fresh in people's minds. Also, this means a heel vs heel main event? Don't see them doing that so I reckon Cena might be thrown in to make it a three way. Orton pins Cena to keep Lesnar protected?

If that card turns out to be correct, how much longer do we have to "wait and see" with Bryan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Rumors abound that
    Kevin Nash
    has checked into the same hotel as WWE superstars ahead of the rumble.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Rumors abound that
    Kevin Nash
    has checked into the same hotel as WWE superstars ahead of the rumble.
    I read on his twitter a few days ago that he is holding a Royal rumble party the night before the RR in Pittsburgh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Raf32 wrote: »

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus

CM Punk vs. Triple H

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

Switch bryan and batista in their matches and I would be fine with that card

• Advertisement

In the new trailer for Total Divas Summer Rae was revealed as the new cast member

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SteveWold

Looking forward to that!

Reports that Batista got into an altercation with a fan as he was walking up the ramp. Talked the big man as usual.

He then proceeded to mockingly do the yes chant except with his middle fingers.

In more fallout, Mick Foley has written this scathing post on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/RealMickFoley/posts/766587886704685

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Reports that Batista got into an altercation with a fan as he was walking up the ramp. Talked the big man as usual.

He then proceeded to mockingly do the yes chant except with his middle fingers.
    Classy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Well that was garbage. I really thought that since they had hyped the crap out of Batistas return that they might not go down the obvious route. Very disappointing overall. To not even have Bryan in the match is quite baffling. Ticked all the boxes; predicted winner, punk got screwed, reigns dominated. Already no one particularly cares about Bats return, he might work better if they reverted back to his cocky heel character which he apparently did at the end of the show of camera with the mocking of the yes chant. I doubt they have some incredible swerve planned involving Bryan right now and the headline of wm30 is looking mediocre at best. It was refreshing k see a legend like Foley express his displeasure at this farce of a ppv.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SteveWold

In more fallout, Mick Foley has written this scathing post on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/RealMickFoley/posts/766587886704685

Hillarious,he hates the direction that WWE are going in and feels unenthusiastic about his handy job,but will probably still turn up at Wrestlemania for a payday anyway because he has no principles.What a tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

SteveWold wrote: »
    Hillarious,he hates the direction that WWE are going in and feels unenthusiastic about his handy job,but will probably still turn up at Wrestlemania for a payday anyway because he has no principles.What a tosser.

No chance this is a work ala y2j na??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

You understand that if it was a payday, they'd have to offer him some kind of role firstly? Pretty sure when he's talking about going to Mania, he doesn't mean as a work thing.

There is the possibility that he's actually angry because they haven't renewed his contract though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Mick Foley is the guy who didn't go to RAW the night after the Montreal Screwjob because he was so pissed off about the treatment of Bret Hart. He's also known as one of the nicest guys in wrestling. The words "no principles" should never be associated with Mick Foley.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement