Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

TMZ picked up the Foley story - no new info contained just worth noting:
    http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/27/mick-foley-slams-the-wwe-the-royal-rumble-was-an-embarrassment/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

SteveWold wrote: »
    Hillarious,he hates the direction that WWE are going in and feels unenthusiastic about his handy job,but will probably still turn up at Wrestlemania for a payday anyway because he has no principles.What a tosser.

In fairness it is Wrestlmania 30. I think most wrestlers like Foley would want to be there regardless of the money. I think Stone Cold said he'd like to be a Mania 30 as well, so I would expect a good few legends there. But it wouldn't really be Foley going against his principles. Plus it's just one night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

There have been a number of posts here recently where if this was the other board I moderate I would be handing out cards (infractions, maybe more) at the moment, cut it out lads! no need for name calling/insults etc

Rob Feinstein of RFVideo.com has posted the following on his Facebook page:
    I was just informed Sting has signed a deal with WWE in the last 24 hours. I still think personally he will show up after Mania since it seems like Undertaker vs Brock is what they are aiming for. Reminds me when everyone thought Brock would debut in Miami but they waited for Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

how would you rate RF's credibility?

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    how would you rate RF's credibility?

On this stuff very high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

rovert wrote: »
    On this stuff very high.

Ok cool thanks. This is still fresh to me! Please let us know when WON confirms it.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ok cool thanks. This is still fresh to me! Please let us know when WON confirms it.

Rob is a source for the Observer. He has broken news like this before from legends and East Coast indy guys.

Not only his a big auld gossip but he books wrestlers for shoot interviews and conventions. So knows loads of wrestlers and their agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

If there's not Sting/'Taker then what is there for him to do at 'Mania (besides leaving him off the show). Who's left that's not involved in a big angle already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

So it's time to officially get excited about Sting in WWE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

So it's time to officially get excited about Sting in WWE?

I cant be excited, hes past his prime. Too late IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

I still kinda want to see a streak vs. career match between Taker and Sting. Mania 31 could be perfect. Announce it on the RAW after Mania XXX like they did with the Rock vs. Cena. Have Sting work a light schedule over the year to ready him for the match. Taker should beat Sting and the WWE can then enter them both into the hall of fame.

I still kinda want to see a streak vs. career match between Taker and Sting. Mania 31 could be perfect. Announce it on the RAW after Mania XXX like they did with the Rock vs. Cena. Have Sting work a light schedule over the year to ready him for the match. Taker should beat Sting and the WWE can then enter them both into the hall of fame.

Why, when the result is a foregone conclusion ?? Taker v Sting this year wouldn't be great, id imagine it be worse with them being a year older at WM31. 3/4 years ago and Sting v Taker would be money. Not now. The ship has sailed in my eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Sting's first feud will be money - I'd imagine he ends the Raw after WM with whoever he is going to be feuding against, setting up a match for Extreme Rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I am pretty ignorant about wcw and even I'm worried about how they will treat Sting and his past. Of course it benefits them to make him look a star but that hasn't stopped them before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

The result of anyone facing Taker is a forgone conclusion at this stage,barring Cena.Homegrown icon of WCW vs homegrown icon of WWE.I agree it's probably come a few years too late but will still be cool to see them square off.

Delighted if this is true,will be so odd seeing Sting standing in a WWE ring.Hopefully he gets himself in a decent condition so he doesn't have to wrestle in a t-shirt like he's been doing in TNA the last while.

Hopefully they pay for the rights for Seek and Destroy as well.

The result of anyone facing Taker is a forgone conclusion at this stage,barring Cena.Homegrown icon of WCW vs homegrown icon of WWE.I agree it's probably come a few years too late but will still be cool to see them square off.

Delighted if this is true,will be so odd seeing Sting standing in a WWE ring.Hopefully he gets himself in a decent condition so he doesn't have to wrestle in a t-shirt like he's been doing in TNA the last while.

Hopefully they pay for the rights for Seek and Destroy as well.

Based on this alone, I can see him being buried to some extent. Its Vince after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Based on this alone, I can see him being buried to some extent. Its Vince after all.

That's been one his bigger reasons for not going there over the years, hasn't it? Seeing how most of the WCW guys were treated over the years put him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Watch how the opinions will suddenly change from "lol Sting, he sucks now." to "OMG STING'S THE BEST!!!!" Just like with RVD last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ok night after WM Sting appears ...who's in the ring opposing him for Backlash outside of Undertaker who would ya put him with ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ok night after WM Sting appears ...who's in the ring opposing him for Backlash outside of Undertaker who would ya put him with ?

Sting will have too be a slow build IMO they may even need promos.dont think the 10 year olds will know who he is

Not really a guy walks out with White Facepaint and Baseball bat in hand people are straight away gonna be hooked on it, Because outside of maybe Taker there isn't really anyone like that on the roster at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Not really a guy walks out with White Facepaint and Baseball bat in hand people are straight away gonna be hooked on it, Because outside of maybe Taker there isn't really anyone like that on the roster at the moment

Walks in? You mean drops from the rafters.. Ha ha

I can't see Cole selling Stings arrival tho.. I can almost hear JR tho Ba God thats, thats STING what the hells he doing here king ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

It'll be Del Rio. Or Ziggler. Or maybe even Christian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Given the already announced names for the HOF could they put the Sting vs Undertaker match off for a year and announce both for the HOF next year followed by a match at Wrestlemania 31 the next night.

Well Ziggler or Christian i wouldn't put him near cos he'll have to come in face ...Del Rio is a good option though , I hope they don't fall into the trap of putting him against the Wyatts an easy option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Walks in? You mean drops from the rafters.. Ha ha

I can't see Cole selling Stings arrival tho.. I can almost hear JR tho Ba God thats, thats STING what the hells he doing here king ?

Eh at least Cole will let us know we can see unseen footage of Sting on the rafters on the WWE App

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can't see him coming from the rafters. With all the health and safety they're known for these days, would they risk a repeat of Owen Hart?

If they don't announce it in advance, have Taker on the Raw after WM, lights go out, come back on and Sting's in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can't see him coming from the rafters. With all the health and safety they're known for these days, would they risk a repeat of Owen Hart?

If they don't announce it in advance, have Taker on the Raw after WM, lights go out, come back on and Sting's in the ring.

15 years since Owen Hart too so no way will they have him come down from the rafters, might see him hiding up there alright, wish this was ten years ago though Sting in a Hell and a Cell or Steel cage match would be fun to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Sting has hardly done the rafters drop in TNA. Considering his high status in the company all along, I'm guessing it's something he doesn't want to do anymore. The lights out thing is the best way for a debut.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement