Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Creative need to stop watching Rocky IV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Who's the chick?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Who's the chick?

Lana - Catherine Joy "C.J." Perry.

The Divas thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88655155&postcount=890

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Don't know if anyone watches Triple H's exclusive's with Michael Cole, but in this Wednesday's interview Hunter revealed that Cody & Goldust will get their rematch for the Tag Team Championships against The New Age Outlaws this Monday's Raw February 3rd....... Inside a steel cage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Creative need to stop watching Rocky IV

Vince probably never heard of it. Iirc Scott Hall said he never heard seen Scarface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

GTR63 wrote: »
    Vince probably never heard of it. Iirc Scott Hall said he never heard seen Scarface

Doesn't Vince have some legit weird mindset that nothing exists outside of WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Nope, can remember some of the former writers saying that he loved Steven Seagal and didn't understand why people liked John McClane more.

Nope, can remember some of the former writers saying that he loved Steven Seagal and didn't understand why people liked John McClane more.

Tbf I reckon Casey Ryback would take him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Yep, not sure if you're missing the point there though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah it is. Id say that means heel turn on the horizon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

People are easily impressed. Or is it just because he is usually so awful that a half decent promo looks great?

UFC Spoiler:
    Overeem called out Brock Lesnar after his terrible fight last night.

Dana White buried him for his performance and calling out a fighter that doesn't work for the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

rovert wrote: »
    UFC Spoiler:

Doubt anything will come of that for at least a year or two (or even at all).

UFC Spoiler:

Dana White buried him for his performance and calling out a fighter that doesn't work for the company.

Thought he fought alrite myself. Shoulda finished him alrite. Dana is just butthurt as he is clearly desperate to get Lesnar back after behaving like a immature clown with GSP & Silva is NEVER going to be the same again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Mokuba wrote: »
    He looks exactly like orton in that promo..freaky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    People are easily impressed. Or is it just because he is usually so awful that a half decent promo looks great?

Somewhere in the middle I think.

It's a good promo but people are getting carried away.

WWE's terrible week ends with Cena too injured for house show:
    https://twitter.com/GrimmsonMask/statuses/430057974082437120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Christian:(
    Journey Of A Frontman has an in-depth interview with Matt Striker, who discussed wrestling and music. During the interview, Striker was asked which wrestlers have strong music tastes.
    "There's a lot of guys that I connected with on different levels of music," Striker said. "I remember when I first got to WWE, I wasn't well-received. I was the new kid in school. And one of our first European tours, we all travel on a bus. Good guys travel on a luxury bus, bad guys travel on a luxury bus. I was on bad guys' bus. And I remember Chavo Guerrero and Mark Henry were in the back and they had their phones, they were listening to music. They were listening to a lot of good seventies and early eighties disco music and house music. So I opened up a conversation with them about that. So guys like Chavo and Mark Henry were into that style. Teddy Long used to be a DJ on the air and I used to travel with him. Man, we would talk about soul music. I mean just some real good stuff such as Teddy Pendergrass, The Main Ingredient, The Platters. Guys like Big Daddy V would put that stuff on in the locker room and most of the young, white wrestlers would leave! (laughs) It would just be me, Mark Henry, Teddy Long, and Big Daddy V tappin' our toes to some cool Rare Earth and stuff like that. William Regal is a big Motorhead fan, as well as a big Smiths and Morrissey fan. He and I talked about that a lot. We had a little bit of a side wager, how many different Smiths or Morrissey songs could I work into commentary for a William Regal match? I think I hit about sixteen of them and tried to make them all make sense, while not just saying names of albums or songs.

"Kane, I know he likes Pink Floyd. Sometimes you'll hear Delicate Sound of Thunder coming from his private, little locker room. Vince McMahon is a big AC/DC guy, very much so. CM Punk is very, very into a lot of alternative music, bands like Minor Threat and those other hardcore bands. He doesn't go far without his headphones on. He really identifies with that culture. I believe he brings Lars from Rancid backstage. He's a really, really cool, down to earth dude. Christian listens to Judy Garland, Barbara Streisand, Justin Bieber, and Celine Dion. That's the truth. Jericho and I always got along really well and again, it wasn't about wrestling, it was about music. Jericho is a music trivia machine guy. He's buddies with Mike Portnoy whose from Long Beach, New York, two towns over from me. He's buddies with Eddie Trunk, and being a Long Island kid, Eddie Trunk's voice is a staple. Out here on Long Island rock and roll radio and stuff like that, And Jericho likes Rush a lot. And he's a big Beatles guy too. And not just I Wanna Hold Your Hand and Here Comes The Sun, side two of Abbey Road and Let It Be and things like that. That's what Jericho and I really talked about. He's also a hair metal guy. Saxon and Warrant and bands like that."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0202/569874/matt-striker-reveals-vince-mcmahon-favorite-band-and-what-wwe/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE's terrible week ends with Cena too injured for house show:
    https://twitter.com/GrimmsonMask/statuses/430057974082437120

Reading he took a blow to the eye which caused it to swell right up. Should be grand quick enough I would imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Seems Extreme Rules won't be on in Seattle anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Seems Extreme Rules won't be on in Seattle anymore.

Any real reason or are WWE just avoiding another boofest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

CSF wrote: »
    Any real reason or are WWE just avoiding another boofest?

No idea, they posted it on their facebook. A lot of people were wondering if Bryan would walk in there are Champion or leave there are champ, it seemed a perfect venue for either option really.

WWE's next franchise video game, WWE 2K15, has officially been scheduled for release later this year.

Take Two Interactive, the parent company of 2K Sports, announced its upcoming line-up of video game releases on Monday as part of a quarterly earnings release.

The two big releases for their Fiscal 2015 period are the WWE video game and "NBA 2K15."

- Take Two also noted that sales of WWE 2K14 and three follow-up expansion packs (NWO, Superstars & Moves, and Legends & Creations) helped boost the period's revenue.

"The largest contributors to net revenue in fiscal third quarter 2014 were Grand Theft Auto V, NBA 2K14, and WWE 2K14," Take-Two wrote in its earnings release.

Take-Two is now raising its overall year revenue and earnings outlook, saying 2014 is "poised to be a record year" for the company.

Thought there was going to be a 18-24 month gap for the next one so they can a new game engine. I guess we aren't getting a new game engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Storyline or real? The man is going to end up there sometime unfortunately either way.

kurt-angle-wheelchair.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Corholio wrote: »
    Storyline or real? The man is going to end up there sometime unfortunately either way.

I dont watch much tna but I recently watched the latest impact in england and was shocked to see how banged up he looked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Corholio wrote: »

Jaysus. I'm genuinely saddened to see one of my favorite wrestlers ever like that.

:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, that's fairly sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

He's due knee surgery soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

He was interviewed last week and said he'd love to finish his career in WWE. Can't see him passing either health or wellness policy tests.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement