Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

PWG just got Britta'd (from 5 minutes):

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

From Wade Keller
    "Randy Orton, by the way, is kind of in the doghouse right now for some stuff backstage, which I'll get more details and publish later on, but...the odds are pretty strong Randy does not have the belt coming out of Elimination Chamber.
    I think they know they can't do Batista-Orton, and because of the backstage stuff: basically, Orton being disgruntled and expressing it. I want to at least narrow it down from being some wild rumors other than that. He's on the **** list and probably not going to be in that top-top spot, so who knows where Orton ends up."

Wade and the Torch can be iffy sometimes but if true this should probably come as no surprised given the reports of locker room morale and how badly he is booked as top heel wrestler due to the McMahon's on screen involvement.

Orton has a history of speaking up publicly whether it is screaming in a hall way or voicing his opinion in talent meetings. Despite his golden boy status with management he is really well respected by the locker room as he isn't afraid to tell WWE to get f*cked from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

If true then it's kind've ridiculous. Batista hasn't shown any enthusiasm whatsoever since he returned, and even flipped off the fans at the Royal Rumble. Yet he gets to be in the Main Event at Wrestlmania. CM Punk can voice his opinion and yet he never gets any heat, but Randy Orton is said to be disgruntled and he gets punished. Of course this is Orton we're talking about and he's never been an angel, but still. I think it's a silly reason to take the belt off him.

Bet Daniel Bryan will win it at EC and then drop it to Batista at Wrestlmania, making it look like WWE is finally catering to the fans but really they're still f*cking with them because he's only going to be a transitional champion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

They wouldn't have Bryan drop the belt to Batista at Mania. Surely. Surely?? Not unless it was the start of a monster heel-push for Big Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm saying it now...

Bryan v heel Batista would be awesome. it would make an unreal atmosphere at WrestleMania.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm saying it now...

Bryan v heel Batista would be awesome. it would make an unreal atmosphere at WrestleMania.

It's just like the Royal Rumble delusion all over again!

Bryan won't be doing anything more than giving HHH the much needed rub he needs to get over.... :pac: :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm saying it now...

Want to make fans happy? Make it the last match of the night with Bryan going over clean winning the belt and watch the roof come off from the Yes! chants as a new main eventer has been crowned.

What's likely to happen? Cena wins the belt against Batista in the last match of the night while the crowd being at best luke warm because Bryan lost to the Wyatts two matches earlier (second last being Punk vs. HHH)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

I'm calling it here now. Cena wins in the chamber. Batista comes down to the ring post match in a stare down and falls on the ramp and breaks his leg. Taker comes out on Raw and says he wants 1 more match (anything Christian can do, he can do better). Cena beats Taker at Mania for the belt and defeats the streak. CENAWINSLOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

You know, I'd be perfectly happy if there was a MITB match at Mania with Bryan in it. They could announce an Orton or Cena vs. Batista main event for the casual fans and have Bryan cash in his MITB and win after the publicised main event. Everyone wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You know, I'd be perfectly happy if there was a MITB match at Mania with Bryan in it. They could announce an Orton or Cena vs. Batista main event for the casual fans and have Bryan cash in his MITB and win after the publicised main event. Everyone wins.

Or have Bryan cash in and lose. That seems more likely :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If Orton is dropping the belt then I think they should go with Batista vs Lesnar for the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Beefy78 wrote: »
    If Orton is dropping the belt then I think they should go with Batista vs Lesnar for the title.

That would be awesome and then have bryan v hhh and cena v taker and its a near perfect card already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm saying it now...

Heel Batista was class, he's so dull as a face as the douchebag whingey heel he was brilliant.

Will ANYONE care for Orton/Batista? the crowd would rip that match to shreds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm saying it now...

I'd pay to see that, frankly. Batista's best work was his heel run and DB can get a good match out of anyone.

Over like a mother****er;

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Over like a mother****

That's awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Over like a mother****]

Is there a story behind that or just random people or what?

Posted this two months ago:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87892757&postcount=5608

Well:
    egwe40.jpg

Mods feel free to change my username to Scoops. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

We noted before that Daniel Bryan has been added to the March 8th WWE live event in Madison Square Garden. He was pulled from the live event in Salt Lake City that night. Bryan is now receiving top billing above Batista and John Cena for the MSG event. The show is built around Bryan as the top star with the tag line, "Yes! Yes! Yes! Daniel Bryan is coming to the Garden!"

There is talk within WWE of doing a triple threat with The Shield at WrestleMania XXX, which would be Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns. The match will likely happen unless they decide to add Daniel Bryan to the Batista vs. Randy Orton match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Officials don't want two triple threat matches on the same show.

http://nodq.com/wwe/393819809.shtml

Cruel feature:
    http://www.wwe.com/classics/15-superstars-you-forgot-existed/

Totally forgot about Gunner Scott

• Advertisement

Andddd another;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

rovert wrote: »
    Cruel feature:
    http://www.wwe.com/classics/15-superstars-you-forgot-existed/

Totally forgot about Gunner Scott

Christ, the only ones I remembered there were Palmer Cannon and Braden Walker.

The Randy Orton doghouse in the thing comes from a backstage behind closed doors bust up between Randy Orton and Stephanie McMahon at the Royal Rumble. Similar type issues as CM Punk in terms of accumulated issues. Under paid, under appreciated, poor Creative, always taking a back step to part timers etc.

In seems to have been incorporated into the storylines with the whole Authority thinking Randy may not be the face of the company thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,152 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Christ, the only ones I remembered there were Palmer Cannon and Braden Walker.

I remember Just Joe. It was incredibly strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

rovert wrote: »
    The Randy Orton doghouse [...]Similar type issues as CM Punk in terms of accumulated issues. Under paid, under appreciated, poor Creative, always taking a back step to part timers etc.

I'd love to be in a position to tear into him over that. Nobody's been protected more than this petulant lad. Considering they've sabotaged Bryan to try get him over instead! Extremely talented bloke, but goes on autopilot in-ring and even sounds bored of himself on the mic. Reap what you sow WWE.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd love to be in a position to tear into him over that. Nobody's been protected more than this petulant lad. Considering they've sabotaged Bryan to try get him over instead! Extremely talented bloke, but goes on autopilot in-ring and even sounds bored of himself on the mic. Reap what you sow WWE.

Does he get preferential treatment for sure. He should have fired numerous times and WWE changed the wellness policy to accommodate his drug failures. But his issues are his reality not yours. He is a workhorse for the company. He is a 365er who rarely takes time off. He is "the face of company" and World Champion on screen in a recent New York Times article profiling WWE Batista and Brock Lesnar - two part timers were featured/pictured not him.

Also I wouldn't use Daniel Bryan's treatment as an attack on Orton. From my POV Orton always seems jazzed to wrestle him and seeks to make Bryan look good before whatever crappy, hair brained finish WWE has that week for Bryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I appreciate his work schedule/appearances etc but I will absolutely not entertain blaming creative. The show is worse because it's centred to get him over. On-screen, this heel-who-wins-clean (something only himself and Triple H do) has been rammed down our throats and pushed at Bryan's expense, despite dragging his feet. The idea that he "can't" improve his match layout, promos, character of whatever he's whining about is laughable to the point of offensive. Aside from John Cena, there's no full-time wrestler with as much stroke to actually improve his on-screen character if he so wanted. Who else could have a big bust-up with Stephanie and survive? I can't imagine appearance workhorse aka "utility guy" Miz could.

The "part-timer" annoyance is valid, even though the whole point of WWE getting part-timers is to make big bucks in the big matches...which he's in. An article profiling him could be copied and pasted from 2007 and nobody would know the difference. Hard to feel for the plight of the WWE & World Champion/Face of the WWE when so many others don't get 1/10th of his opportunities or his paycheck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I appreciate his work schedule/appearances etc but I will absolutely not entertain blaming creative. The show is worse because it's centred to get him over. On-screen, this heel-who-wins-clean (something only himself and Triple H do) has been rammed down our throats and pushed at Bryan's expense, despite dragging his feet. The idea that he "can't" improve his match layout, promos, character of whatever he's whining about is laughable to the point of offensive. Aside from John Cena, there's no full-time wrestler with as much stroke to actually improve his on-screen character if he so wanted. Who else could have a big bust-up with Stephanie and survive? I can't imagine appearance workhorse aka "utility guy" Miz could.

The "part-timer" annoyance is valid, even though the whole point of WWE getting part-timers is to make big bucks in the big matches...which he's in. An article profiling him could be copied and pasted from 2007 and nobody would know the difference. Hard to feel for the plight of the WWE & World Champion/Face of the WWE when so many others don't get 1/10th of his opportunities or his paycheck.

Almost all of that can also be applied to CM Punk. Yet, you get countless people defending his every action. Why is there such a difference in standards?

That's fair enough. My point in short is managing people is more complex than just saying you "you are wrong" and you need to engage with grievances to hopefully reach a compromise.

Anyways the Bellas hold the ultimate power in the company. :P

From an attendee from at New Orleans Wizard World (Comic Con) panel with AJ Lee:

clipboard01xqkon.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Orton ain't over to much either, which is strange because they would have been planning to bring batista back for ages probably paid him big bucks and the guy who he is going to main event against him Mania is cold as ****.

profit?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement