Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Orton ain't over to much either, which is strange because they would have been planning to bring batista back for ages probably paid him big bucks and the guy who he is going to main event against him Mania is cold as ****.

profit?

Meltzer for whatever reason can't get RAW quarter hours ratings any more for whatever reason. I assume his source at AC Nielsen has moved on. The only way he gets a gauge now is asking WWE sources. Apparently is far and away the biggest ratings mover. However there has been a large lessening of effect with him as the weeks go on.

You are right about Orton Rjd2 he approaches Diesel in terms of weak of being a weak house show draw (and Smackdown taping draw).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't buy in the notion that they were getting Orton over at the expense of Bryan. Has he beaten Bryan clean? For my money, Orton would have benefited more had Bryan been booked properly. He has been thrown into terrible feuds with Big Show and Cena and now Batista. An over Bryan against Orton without all the stupid HHH stuff, the initial Summerslam thing was grand but dragging it out led to both Bryan and Orton suffering at the expense of HHH and Stephanie,

Neither man has really been allowed get their own back on HHH at all.

I would be of the opinion that it's been HHH who they were trying to get over at the expense of Bryan rather than Orton. All they do is talk about how Orton is too **** and scared to be the face of the company.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Orton can be "protected" while still being frustrated creatively. Despite being the face of the WWE, he could easily be ten times bigger if WWE got their head out of their asses...

Orton can be "protected" while still being frustrated creatively. Despite being the face of the WWE, he could easily be ten times bigger if WWE got their head out of their asses...

Currently he is booked as a gobsh*te he seems surprised he has to defend his title on Pay Per View.

As well as booked to fail as he has to defend his title against not Daniel Bryan when fans want Daniel Bryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

rovert wrote: »
    Meltzer for whatever reason can't get RAW quarter hours ratings any more for whatever reason. I assume his source at AC Nielsen has moved on. The only way he gets a gauge now is asking WWE sources. Apparently is far and away the biggest ratings mover. However there has been a large lessening of effect with him as the weeks go on.

You are right about Orton Rjd2 he approaches Diesel in terms of weak of being a weak house show draw (and Smackdown taping draw).

yeah Orton never has moved the needle, but what I find crazy and I keep banging on about it surely if you are going to feed him to Batista you would have booked him stronger? It does not draw money and in fact it is not slowly hindering Dave by been paired with a geek which what Randy is these days.

Punk got some ppoor booking last year but at least they kept somewhat strong with heyman so people actually wanted to see rock pin him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

SPOILER
    Taker back on 24/2

New Japan's plan this year:
    http://yottsumepuroresu.blogspot.com/2014/02/njpw-new-beginning-29-results-and.html

- You’ve defeated Nakamura in such short time span. Where are you heading with your white belt?
    Tanahashi “Nakamura talked about creating new values. Super no vacancy in both Hiroshima and Osaka. There are two brands to aim for this in company. Brand Extension. That’s what NJPW is going for this year.”

People saw it coming as they are splitting their big monthly shows over two nights instead of one now.

All they need now GMs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

New Japan's plan this year:

People saw it coming as they are splitting their big monthly shows over two nights instead of one now.

All they need now GMs!

Bischoff is available!
    He'll be there......next week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

GTR63 wrote: »
    Bischoff is available!
    He'll be there......next week.

What about Teddy Long? Tag match playa!

Loughc wrote: »
    What about Teddy Long? Tag match playa!

Konnichiwa playas!
    Followed by his awful dance.
    Wanna hear Bisch's music again. "I'M BACK! Better than ever! Face facts my track record is at best checkered"

• Advertisement

PWInsider reports that Hulk Hogan and Jimmy Hart are both now officially booked for the February 24th WWE RAW from Green Bay, Wisconsin. This is the same night the WWE Network launches.

Hogan has had an agreement to return to WWE for some time following his TNA departure. Hogan was originally slated to return during the WWE Network announcement in Las Vegas but the company changed those plans the night before.

As noted, The Undertaker will also be on that RAW. Other top stars are expected to appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

shame about the choice of location, can't imagine the Green Bay crowd being up to much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Very odd its not in MSG. It'd be very apt to hold it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hogan and Undertaker returns on the same night. Guess we know another Wrestlemania match :pac:

Proof TNA has made it in the UK:
    Mother condemns school's 'over the top' hairstyle rules after her son, 12, was put in isolation because he had a WRESTLING logo shaved into the side of his head

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2555918/Mother-condemns-schools-hairstyle-rules-son-12-isolation-WRESTLING-logo-shaved-head.html

5hlu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Jesus when I was twelve I was terrified to let people know I was a wrestling fan. Guess the kids are getting braver now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Jesus when I was twelve I was terrified to let people know I was a wrestling fan. Guess the kids are getting braver now!

To be fair will any of his classmates even know what TNA is?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Rjd2 wrote: »
    To be fair will any of his classmates even know what TNA is?:pac:

TITS'N'ASS obv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Proof TNA has made it in the UK:

When I was his age you used too get suspended from school for haven things shaved in your head too but we mostly stuck too nike logos

News site
    It appears WWE has dropped "Antonio" from Antonio Cesaro's name. His entire profile on the WWE roster page has been edited to reflect the name change and his Twitter name has been changed to just Cesaro also.

• Advertisement

Meltzer says:
    Somebody thought Antonio sounded like the name of a guy who wasn't tough. Seriously. And he's in the main event in two weeks and somebody woke up and thought he had a pussy name so we have to change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Meltzer says:
    Somebody thought Antonio sounded like the name of a guy who wasn't tough. Seriously. And he's in the main event in two weeks and somebody woke up and thought he had a pussy name so we have to change that.

Mr Inoki says hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I was just coming on here to post that - I got an email from WWE requesting we change his name to "Cesaro" on all our platforms!

That is just odd!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE confirms it's next two films...

‘Jingle All the Way 2’ and ‘The Marine 4’ to start production from WWE Studios and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

STAMFORD, Conn./LOS ANGELES – WWE Studios and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment today announced the next two films that will begin production as part of their continued collaboration. This March, cameras will start rolling on “Jingle All the Way 2,” the sequel to the 1996 hit comedy “Jingle All the Way.” Starring Larry the Cable Guy (“Tooth Fairy 2,” “Cars”) and featuring WWE Superstar Santino Marella, the film is directed by Alex Zamm (“Tooth Fairy 2,” “Dr. Dolittle: Million Dollar Mutts”) and will release this 2014 holiday season.

Also announced is the fourth installment of “The Marine” franchise, the eighth collaboration between WWE Studios and 20th Century Fox including the theatrical releases of “The Marine” and “12 Rounds.” Shooting this April, “The Marine 4” will star WWE Superstar The Miz, who will be the first WWE Superstar to reprise his role in “The Marine” franchise, and will also feature Summer Rae, the first WWE Diva to be featured in a WWE Studios production.

JATW is one of my favorite films of all time so don't know how to feel about this...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I was just coming on here to post that - I got an email from WWE requesting we change his name to "Cesaro" on all our platforms!

That is just odd!
    I guess Vince had one of his revelations again...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nody wrote: »
    I guess Vince had one of his revelations again...

Step 1: Drop Cesaro's first name.
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Jingle All the Way 2... wow, they'll make a sequel to literally anything these days. No matter how nostalgic you are for it, you've gotta admit it's one messy pile of dung.

FÚCK YEAH!
    Sinbad is due a comeback
    Does Cesaro still have Tony on his Jacket btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That is just odd!

Just got a new one:
    Please change ‘Big E Langston’ to ‘Big E’ on all WWE Superstar webpages, promotional materials, etc. as soon as possible on your platforms.

What was wrong with the word "Langston?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Maybe Vince heard something about how hows can only recognise 2-3 syllable names and figured his audience would be like that too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement