Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Because Big E Langer is too tempting to type!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just got a new one:

What was wrong with the word "Langston?"

Maybe he's re-packaging BIG E as the son of Biggie Smalls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nice to know that the WWE takes names so seriously. We need to have guys with tough, macho sounding names just like our current World Champion RANDY.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

So which one is more macho, Daniel or Bryan?

Let's be fair neither of them can compare to "Dolph" or "Miz".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I've long been critical of WWE's name storming.

Nothing strikes fear less than a lad called Adrian Neville or Colin Cassidy. Sound like a midfield pairing for a Offaly Junior B team.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Nothing strikes fear less than a lad called Adrian Neville or Colin Cassidy. Sound like a midfield pairing for a Offaly Junior B team.

Chris Hero said that in his shoot interview. Hence why he went the other direction with the name Kassius Ohno. They fecking love Irish/Irishish names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Adrian Neville/Pac/whatever is almost certainly channelling foottheball as the inspiration for the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Nice to know that the WWE takes names so seriously. We need to have guys with tough, macho sounding names just like our current World Champion RANDY.

Savage? sure he even had Macho in his name too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Can't beat Michael McGullicutty. Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Moneymaker wrote: »

Curtis Axl's not much of an improvement though. Why the hell if the're talking about him being a "third generation superstar" are they not letting him use Hennig.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Curtis Axl's not much of an improvement though. Why the hell if the're talking about him being a "third generation superstar" are they not letting him use Hennig.....

I don't have a problem with it.

But why he can't just be Joe Henning is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Oh its a huge improvement, McCillacutty was awful. Up there with Ryan Braddock and Braden Walker

Your right though, Joe Henning would have been soo much better though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Moneymaker wrote: »

And starting this moment, from now. From this moment on, this will be the moment. Starting now, of the Genesis of McGillicutty

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Chagan wrote: »
    So which one is more macho, Daniel or Bryan?

Let's be fair neither of them can compare to "Dolph" or "Miz".
    I feel sorry for Dolph. Born with one of the coolest wrestling names you could ask for, yet they give him a name that sounds like it belongs to a nickelodeon character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Stone Cold knows where his bread is buttered that is for sure :rolleyes:
    On Talent Not Being Held Back: "Let me tell you something, there ain't nobody holding nobody down in WWE. Now it's true that the powers that be do not believe in certain people. It is up to the talent to make management believe in them and give them a push. There is a pretty thin roster of talent in that locker room. There's a lot of guys and gals, but when you talk about the cream of the crop, you're talking about the best. Vince McMahon will let anybody be a star that has the potential be a star. John Cena wants different dance partners. Triple H would love a different dance partner. Randy Orton would love a different dance partner. Daniel Bryan would love a different dance partner. C.M. Punk, if he comes back, would love a different dance partner. So, hey man, the doors are wide open, the ceiling is unlimited. I hear that all the time, man.

On John Cena Wanting a Challenge: "John Cena is the top dog. He would love for someone to be in contention for that top dog status because he's an alpha male, he's a competitive cat and he wants to battle it out and fight for his job. All he does is keep going up and down the road, doing his best, giving it his all in the ring, and that's all you can ask from a WWE superstar. All the cats I just mentioned are working their asses off and doing their deal. It's gotta be up to the talent coming up to make some noise, not be afraid to go out on a limb and take a chance. "

On What Talent Needs to Do: "You cats in the back who listen to my show in the back, do something, wake somebody up, grab that ****ing business, that company by the throat and say, 'Hey, mother****er I want a push!' The sky is the limit, cats."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

John Cena wants different dance partners. Triple H would love a different dance partner. Randy Orton would love a different dance partner. Daniel Bryan would love a different dance partner.

FANDANGO DANCER Twirls Out

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

GTR63 wrote: »
    Stone Cold knows where his bread is buttered that is for sure :rolleyes:

To be fair he's just saying it as it is. And he's not wrong either the roster is thin as hell. A lot of talent but very few are legitimately over on a main event level. As much as I hate to see it, there are a few reasons why we're sitting through Cena Vs Orton Part 46.

To be fair he's just saying it as it is. And he's not wrong either the roster is thin as hell. A lot of talent but very few are legitimately over on a main event level. As much as I hate to see it, there are a few reasons why we're sitting through Cena Vs Orton Part 46.

And what's annoying about it is if someone goes out and gets themselves over they're either buried or it's ignored. Make up your minds WWE, if you want a fresher main event roster don't get pissy when guys get themselves over.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

krudler wrote: »
    And what's annoying about it is if someone goes out and gets themselves over they're either buried or it's ignored. Make up your minds WWE, if you want a fresher main event roster don't get pissy when guys get themselves over.

I think more so the problem is when people get over organically, WWE notice and try to push said person but then creative does more damage than good. Sometimes when someone is being obviously pushed it stops feeling organic and starts to feel forced and turns people off turning people into "damaged goods". Ryder and Ziggler are probably the two most recent cases of this. Ziggler was getting over as being a bit of likable dickhead, cos everyone knows someone like that. Then they tried turning hi into another smiley babyface that makes bad jokes and soon crickets greeted him. I think what Austin's point here is when something like this happens, have the balls to stand up and say I don't like where tis is going, i'm gonna try this etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Rey Mysterio
    has injured himself again

Apparently he injured his knee in the Fatal 4 Way match with Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston and Mark Henry that will air on SmackDown.

During the match Rey landed bad and quickly went out to the floor and laid down beside the steel steps. Rey pulled one of his pant legs up and removed the large knee brace that he wears, clearly in pain.

So who had February 11 in the Rey Gets Injured Sweepstakes?

So if you're looking forward to watching SMACKDOWN tonight, just skip right past this post

• Advertisement

Rey really needs to just retire at this stage,he should have years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

pity it couldnt have been before the Rumble :rolleyes:

I think more so the problem is when people get over organically, WWE notice and try to push said person but then creative does more damage than good. Sometimes when someone is being obviously pushed it stops feeling organic and starts to feel forced and turns people off turning people into "damaged goods". Ryder and Ziggler are probably the two most recent cases of this. Ziggler was getting over as being a bit of likable dickhead, cos everyone knows someone like that. Then they tried turning hi into another smiley babyface that makes bad jokes and soon crickets greeted him. I think what Austin's point here is when something like this happens, have the balls to stand up and say I don't like where tis is going, i'm gonna try this etc.

Exactly, like Cena, he was super over from being a cocky asshole in 2004, then once he was pushed down people's throats they turned on him.

Fans aren't entirely without blame either though, crowds cheer for someone they want and give out when they're not being given a shot, then when creative run with it they turn on them, fickle bunch :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

krudler wrote: »
    Rey really needs to just retire at this stage,he should have years ago

Yeah it's over for him imo, he's a had a HOF career and made a tonne of money. It's time now to look at other options, his body is telling him it's had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

At Rey Mysterio. This is the end for him I think. The guy is too injury prone to keep active.

At Randy Orton :rolleyes: Dat Triple H and Vince McMahon. They must think that this is a punishment for him or something. Wouldn't be surprised if Orton pulls a Punk and takes his ball and goes home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Except Rey wasn't injured and it was just a sell job.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

RTÉ 2fm
    WWE Fans! Ruth & Paddy on 2FM will be talking to Sheamus - WWE Universe before 4pm today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Today FM are running ads for the WWE tour in Dublin featuring Alberto Del Rio and WWE Champion John Cena. Let's just hope it's an old ad they had and didn't record a new one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Today FM are running ads for the WWE tour in Dublin featuring Alberto Del Rio and WWE Champion John Cena. Let's just hope it's an old ad they had and didn't record a new one!

Cena vs Del Rio again HORRAY!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement