Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

gimmick wrote: »
    Handsome Doc Hendrix can have whatever hairstyle he pleases.

i remember around the time he did the stone cold kotr interview it looked somewhat normal - but i was watching the lod dvd the other night and it was mental - i'll try find a pic

sorry for the irrelevant post but in looking for a pic o hayes/hendrix - i found this and it wouldnt be fair to keep it to myself

callous.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

The WWE is running house shows in Mexico for the next 4 days and it will be the first time Sin Cara has performed in Mexico since signing with the WWE.
    The card for the house show on Saturday in Monterrey, Mexico, has been released. Sin Cara will fight CM Punk in a "RAW vs SmackDown Challenge" match. It is not certain but likely the WWE will keep the cards and matchups similar if not the same each night while touring Mexico.

not a good quality pic but you get the idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

He's got luscious locks, let it be. He should definitely be in a Herbal Essences advert! :)

• Advertisement

RosyLily wrote: »
    He's got luscious locks, let it be. He should definitely be in a Herbal Essences advert! :)

he could sing bad street while taking a shower in the ad?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

ayatollah wrote: »
    he could sing bad street while taking a shower in the ad?!?

Perfect! Followed by the customary hair-toss....would actually pay money to see it now!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Not exactly wrestling news but i'm sure people would want to hear about this.
    http://www.pwinsider.com/article/57941/brock-lesnar-suffers-second-case-of-diverticulitis.html?p=1

An update on this,best to just ignore the comments at the bottom.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23588/despite-ufc-131-withdrawal-former-champ-proclaims-this-isnt-the-end-of-brock-lesnar.mma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Didn't Curt Hennig get fired because he tried to cut Hayes' hair?

Degag wrote: »
    Didn't Curt Hennig get fired because he tried to cut Hayes' hair?

that was on the infamous "flight from hell" henning challenged lesnar to full on amatuer wrestling match on the plane - and heyman advised lesnar to just humour him and then sit back down as he'd never live it down otherwise as far as i remember. also scott hall was absolutely **** faced on the plane and many of the wrestlers thought he was dead. goldust started singing love songs to marlena/ terri even though they'd been divorced for years. and finally if i'm not forgetting anything jbl or bardshaw as he was at the time cut off hayes' ponytail when he was asleep - and when he woke up and found out what happened he went ape****.

jesus i remember when that happened it was like when i finally came to the realisation that they really are just overgrown children.

• Advertisement

http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities/2011/05/02/dwayne-johnson-to-play-charlie-pride-in-biopic.html

Dwayne Johnson will be taking some country pride to the silver screen. The actor formerly known as The Rock will top-line and produce a biopic on Black country music legend Charlie Pride.
    Terrence Howard was originally supposed to play Pride when the project was announced in 2006. But since then, for unknown reasons, the film was shelved. But in an interview with the Telegraph-Journal, Pride revealed that not only was the movie back on track, with Hustle & Flow director Craig Brewer to helm, but Johnson will be portraying him.
    “It startled me a little at first,” Pride admitted to the Telegraph-Journal “But he flew down to Dallas and spent a day with me just sitting, talking recently. And when he left it was like parting with an old friend. We had such similar views on so many things."
    Johnson will produce the project along with Dany Garcia, Randy Jackson and Pride's manager John Daines in association with Sony ATV Music Publishing.
    Pride, who is a Country Music Hall of Famer, rose from an impoverished childhood in Mississippi to become one of the few Black country music singers to have phenomenal success in the mostly white music genre. He has charted more than three dozen No. 1 singles and has sold more than 70 million records.

small_the_rock_replaces_terrence_howard_charley_pride_biopic.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

The following was issued by WWE today.

WWE TO BROADCAST RAW AND SMACKDOWN FROM MEXICO

LONDON, May 13, 2011 – WWE (NYSE:WWE) today announced that for the first time ever its weekly flagship TV shows "WWE Raw" and "WWE SmackDown" will take place in Mexico at the Palacio de los Deportes Arena in Mexico City on Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16 respectively.

In the U.S. and Mexico, "WWE Raw" will then air on Monday, October 17 and "WWE SmackDown" will air on Friday, October 21. Outside of the U.S., the televised events will be seen in more than 145 countries. These broadcasts will make Mexico one of only four countries outside of the U.S. and Canada to have ever hosted Raw and SmackDown televised live events. Others include the UK, Japan and Italy.

"Bringing our weekly flagship TV programs to Mexico, one of WWE's most important international markets, demonstrates the company's ongoing commitment to its worldwide audience and long term programming partners," said Andrew Whitaker, Executive Vice President, International, WWE. "We look forward to bringing the entertainment that only WWE can provide to our fans in Mexico."

Tickets for both live events at the Palacio de los Deportes Arena will go on sale this summer.

WWE
    WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 145 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 500 million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo. Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

ayatollah wrote: »
    that was on the infamous "flight from hell" henning challenged lesnar to full on amatuer wrestling match on the plane - and heyman advised lesnar to just humour him and then sit back down as he'd never live it down otherwise as far as i remember. also scott hall was absolutely **** faced on the plane and many of the wrestlers thought he was dead. goldust started singing love songs to marlena/ terri even though they'd been divorced for years. and finally if i'm not forgetting anything jbl or bardshaw as he was at the time cut off hayes' ponytail when he was asleep - and when he woke up and found out what happened he went ape****.

jesus i remember when that happened it was like when i finally came to the realisation that they really are just overgrown children.

No no no. JBL punched Micheal Hayes out on the flight, and Sean Waltman cut off Haye's ponytail. Sean says it in this interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

DX REUNION SET FOR 5/27

On May 27th at the Krazyhouse Nightclub in Liverpool, England - 'Legends of Wrestling' Special club Night event featuring appearances from wrestling stars; Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, X-Pac, and Rhino.

Not really sure if this is a signing session or a wrestling event.

http://www.pwinsiderxtra.com/ViewArticle.php?id=18859

Source

In a new interview with WrestlingVoice.net, Chris Jericho talked about returning to WWE, or not returning to WWE. Here are some quotes:
    "If the time comes for me to come back, I will. Until then, it's fun to watch. I have plenty of other stuff going on, too, so it's not like I'm at a loss for work at this point."
    "Everybody asks, 'When are you coming back, when are you coming back?' and I don't know if I'll ever come back, I have no plans of it as of it right now. I still love WWE, I love watching it, but I don't know if and when I'll ever come back at this point."

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Didn't he say a near exact same thing before he returned a few years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Jericho's a smart lad, he's just keeping his name in the dirtsheets. He said the opposite a few months ago (that his deal was 90% done) and again when he was fawning for dancing votes.

Basically he'll come when he comes and he'll never tell u the truth and ruin the surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Was flicking through the channels today and came across an episode of 'Made' on MTV featuring the Motor City Machine Guns teaching a teenager how to become a pro wrestler,Road Dogg and Low-Ki were in it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/cannes-2011-dwayne-johnson-is-a-snitch
    Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is set to star in upcoming action thriller Snitch, the latest film to be snapped up for distribution on the Croisette.

The film follows a suburban pop (Johnson) whose son is hit with a 10-year jail stint for drug offences. In order to reduce his son's sentence, the father goes undercover to expose a senior drug dealer.

Written by Revolutionary Road scribe Justin Haythe and inspired by a 1999 US TV documentary, the film has been one of the buzz titles of the festival's market.

Summit Entertainment - the independant studio that rose to power with the Twilight franchise - has bought the US distribution rights for the movie, while international sales are still ongoing.

Snitch will begin shooting in June for a 2012 release.

Source: Variety

Read more: Cannes 2011: Dwayne Johnson is a Snitch | TotalFilm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Saw these on Wrestlezone...

HEYMAN-TWEET-1.jpg
    HEYMAN-TWEET-2.jpg
    HEYMAN-TWEET-3.jpg
    HEYMAN-TWEET-4.jpg
    HEYMAN-TWEET-5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Heyman's obviously never heard of Zack Ryder (WWWYKI)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Some sad news, Randy Savage died in a car crash today. R.I.P Macho Man.
    http://boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2011/05/rip_macho_man_r.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Some sad news, Randy Savage died in a car crash today. R.I.P Macho Man.
    http://boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2011/05/rip_macho_man_r.html

Thanks man, we've all been paying our respects/commenting in here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056274786

WWE has changed the name of the October 23 pay per view in San Antonio, Texas once again. It was renamed a few weeks ago from "Bragging Rights" to "WWE Uprising." The name has changed again and the event will now be called "Vengeance."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Via wwedvdnews.com

We have learned that WWE is currently sending out DVD surveys via e-mail. Below are the major and most interesting topics included within the survey. Thanks to BlameTheMets for showing us.

How interested are you in purchasing WWE home entertainment releases on the following topics? (Part 2: Please select the three (3) WWE topics you would be most interested in purchasing. )
    - Randy Orton
    - Edge
    - Stone Cold Steve Austin
    - The Rock
    - Triple H
    - Jerry 'The King' Lawler
    - Sting
    - Brock Lesnar
    - CM Punk
    - The Miz
    - The new World order
    - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
    - Bruno Sammartino
    - Gorgeous George
    - WWE Divas
    - The Greatest Moments at Madison Square Garden
    - The Brutal History of the "I Quit" Match
    - The Money in the Bank Anthology
    - Tough Enough, Season 1 Hosted by Stone Cold Steve Austin
    - The Best of Shotgun Saturday Night
    - The Best of Tuesday Night Titans
    - Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Compilation
    - King of the Ring

Which of the following content would interest you the most in a potential Superstar-specific WWE home entertainment DVD or Blu-ray disc?

- Documentary about the Superstar' s life story
    - Behind the scenes footage of the Superstar away from the ring
    - A collection of the Superstar's career-spanning matches

How interested are you in purchasing DVDs or Blu-ray discs from the following WWE libraries?
    - WCW
    - ECW (original)
    - AWA
    - WCCW
    - Florida Championship Wrestling
    - Smoky Mountain Wrestling

How interested are you in purchasing DVDs or Blu-ray discs from the following WWE eras?
    - The ' 70s
    - Rock n" Wrestling (Hulkamania)
    - The Attitude Era

Would you prefer to purchase historical content in its original (uncensored) form, or edited to meet PG guidelines?
    - Original (uncensored) content
    - Edited to meet PG guidelines

Please let us know if there are any other topics/concepts you would like to see in a future WWE home entertainment release.- Free to type any response

WWE is looking for opinions from people who reside in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Detroit, Miami or San Francisco.

LINK-

http://www.wweresearch.com/se.ashx?s=0B8801407843D7D6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Was flicking through the channels today and came across an episode of 'Made' on MTV featuring the Motor City Machine Guns teaching a teenager how to become a pro wrestler,Road Dogg and Low-Ki were in it too!

Saw that one, she did really well in her match.
    There is another episode of that show with AJ Styles teaching some teenager the ropes

The website for the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada has a video promoting the return of the Raw Roulette concept. WWE will be taping that show live and then taping a second episode of Raw afterwards.

You can view the video here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Former WWE talent Taryn Terrell (a/k/a Tiffany) announced Tuesday that she has separated from husband Drew Galloway, better known as Drew McIntyre in WWE.

"With great sadness, I announce the end of my marriage," she wrote on her Twitter account. "I wish Drew only happiness and continued success."

On August 8, 2010, Terrell was arrested in Los Angeles County, California for domestic assault, a misdemeanor, after an alleged argument with Galloway. She was released later that day on $20,000 bail. It was announced on September 26 that all charges against Terrell had been dropped.

Terrell was suspended by WWE due to the altercation. She was released from her contract on November 19, 2010.

Can't say I'm surprised.

• Advertisement

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Layla was diagnosed with a torn ACL and a torn MCL and will be undergoing surgery on Thursday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement