Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

rovert wrote: »
    Not much and they don't have the ambition to pay big money. If fulfils the role of cheap content for their own Sinclair Broadcasting Group. Punk has very little ties to the current ROH the roster has turned over nearly completely, several new bookers since and a new owner.
    Oh aye, just find it surprising he had that much money.
    His merchandise always sold ahead of his push. He rarely took time off or was greatly injured during his run in WWE. Appeared on most if not all TVs, PPVs and live events while on the active roster. It is possible to break a million a year as a upper midcard guy.

I was surprised to know he had that much money pre-Pipebomb promo too btw.
    Fair play to him and all, just find it surprising. Then again, I suppose living can be very cheap with travel, accommodation and food expenses already covered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE didn't reach a deal with NBCU to renew their TV deal within the window of exclusivity:
    http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/wwe-nbcuniversal-television-deal-raw-smackdown-1201110680/

So they are free to negotiate with NBC and every other interested network in North America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

WWE didn't reach a deal with NBCU to renew their TV deal within the window of exclusivity:
    So they are free to negotiate with NBC and every other interested network in North America.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/wwe-nbcuniversal-television-deal-raw-smackdown-1201110680/

Risky if the interest for them isn't there at the level they hope.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Loughc wrote: »
    Remember when everyone kept saying saying the whole CM Punk thing was a work... good times... good times.

No

• Advertisement

Article on WWE.com "Behind the paint of sports-entertainment icon Sting" by Bill Apter

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wcw/behind-the-paint-of-sports-entertainment-icon-sting

A deal must be close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭savemejebus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

did I hear right that mabel/vicera/big daddy V passed away?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

did I hear right that mabel/vicera/big daddy V passed away?

Yup, there's a thread on it I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Article on WWE.com "Behind the paint of sports-entertainment icon Sting" by Bill Apter

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wcw/behind-the-paint-of-sports-entertainment-icon-sting

A deal must be close.

The last line of the segment "His best days may still be yet to come." IMO it must be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

WWE's website has a new article up looking at the Elimination Chamber match. Triple H talked about how he created the match:

"I'm the one who invented it. I drew a square cage and put four other squares in the corners, and I said, ‘It’s six guys. Two start and every few minutes, another cage opens and one more guys enters the fight, and everyone fights until there’s one guy left.' I thought it could be interesting because, if the Superstars involved have issues, then there’s intrigue."

"In typical WWE form, it was twice as big as I envisioned it and twice as elaborate. We don’t do anything small, so I should have known better. When I stood in it for the first time, I thought, ‘Jeez. Please don’t tell anybody this was my idea!’"

I thought it was Bischoff's idea :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Moneymaker wrote: »
    WWE's website has a new article up looking at the Elimination Chamber match. Triple H talked about how he created the match:

"I'm the one who invented it. I drew a square cage and put four other squares in the corners, and I said, ‘It’s six guys. Two start and every few minutes, another cage opens and one more guys enters the fight, and everyone fights until there’s one guy left.' I thought it could be interesting because, if the Superstars involved have issues, then there’s intrigue."

"In typical WWE form, it was twice as big as I envisioned it and twice as elaborate. We don’t do anything small, so I should have known better. When I stood in it for the first time, I thought, ‘Jeez. Please don’t tell anybody this was my idea!’"

I thought it was Bischoff's idea :pac::pac::pac:
    Probably ****ing was.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

How long before he tries to claim MITB too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Na, it was his. It's been said by others and it's not the first time that HHH has claimed it. Bischoff was just the GM at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Bischoff confirmed on Twitter that it was HHH's idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Ah go way outta that, we all know it was Jericho who invented it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah go way outta that, we all know it was Jericho who invented it.

Armbar!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Apparently it cost $250,000 to construct back in 02.

Apparently it cost $250,000 to construct back in 02.
    Why did they go with interlinking chains instead of a fence like in a steel cage is what I want to know.
    A gimmick match that from the start has worked well imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    Why did they go with interlinking chains instead of a fence like in a steel cage is what I want to know.
    A gimmick match that from the start has worked well imo.

The pods and floor thing wouldnt work with regular chain link fencing. It would just look stupid.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The pods and floor thing wouldnt work with regular chain link fencing. It would just look stupid.

It already kinda does with the really crappy door handle, plastic pods, steel grating & naff light effects for the doors opening.
    Like the Ultimate X its such a strange concept but still works.

The Bellas won the feud the Maria it seems:
    345d8d2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

The Bellas won the feud the Maria it seems:
    345d8d2.jpg

or the fact her soon to be husband is finding it hard to get a job in WWE cause his soon to be wife opened her big gob to two women who one is dating the WWE's biggest star and other WWE's newest star. Not smart on her part.

Not much in the Observer.

No word on Devitt.

Rock will probably headline the WWE Hall of Fame in 2015

and it might be day day for Rey Rey:
    Mysterio’s contract is the next major one to expire, in about two months or so. He has one of the highest downsides, and is also one of the biggest merchandise sellers. He’s got all the knee issues and it’s clear from his return that WWE has no plans to feature him. Usually at this point WWE would be aggressively trying to get him to sign a new deal and that hasn’t really been the case. When there was talk of him not coming back some time ago, some of the company’s business partners in Latin America freaked out because he’s the most important guy it is believed in those markets. But it’s long gone from the days when Smackdown was a top ten rated show in the Hispanic demo when he was there, and dropped greatly when he wasn’t. With Mark Burnett’s AAA project in the U.S., it would figure to be a lock that if he doesn’t sign, he’d be the featured guy in that project.

WWE Reports 2013 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results:
    WWE financial notes

The WWE investors conference will begin shortly, but they have released some of the key numbers already today.

For the fourth quarter, the company took in $118.4 million in total revenue and lost $7.9 million total. Last year at the same time, revenue was $115.1 million but they showed a $2.6 million profit.

The keys were costs to launch the network, weak DVD sales and lower profit margins in television production.

The TLC show did 181,000 buys worldwide, which was up from the same period last year, but has to be a disappointment with all the Cena vs. Orton hype for title unification. Battleground has been downgraded to 114,000 buys worldwide, making it the second lowest number (to the ECW December to Dismember) in the last 17 years.

PPV revenue was up due to doing four shows in the quarter instead of three.

For the year, revenues were $508 million and profit was $2.8 million. Last year's figures were $484 milloin in rvenue and $31.4 million in profits.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe/35529-wwe-financial-notes

The initial word on TLC is that it did really well. The build up was initially largely crap - the reason for unification was explained in an unexciting manner and WWE was coming off a run of crap PPVs but WWE really did a good focused job the final week before the show.

A lot of the declines were forecasted already though so it isn't a shock to WWE.

Before the results came out Meltzer said the shock or less peaked bar a big stroke of luck:
    At press time, the stock was at $23.24 per share giving the company a market capitalization of $1.75 billion. The amount of trading on 2/18 was five times than of a usual day. The price dropped a little. The idea that the network and the negotiations bringing in more money are both going to be strong is built into the hype and expectations of the current price. I don’t see it going much higher based on news if it’s good, although a super hot network launch would change that. If news isn’t good, it won’t stay at this level, and the network deal and a very good idea of where the network stands should be clear in April.

Bgt9e1wCUAASzoj.jpg

WWE Conference Call:
    Vince talked about working with The Flintstones and Scooby Doo and noted Scooby Doo was going to WrestleMania.

Vince on CM Punk:
    He is taking a sabbatical, let's put it that way.

:p

It's official - Hulk Hogan announced and confirmed as the host of WrestleMania XXX.

20140421_Light_HoganWMAnnouncement_HOMEPAGE.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/inside/hulk-hogan-returns-to-wwe

Bring back Adamle I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just as long as Cena doesn't come out on the Raw after WM offering the host a once in a life time match ...:/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement