Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Not sure why they want Hogan back, he's proven to be a bit of a creep over the last few years. Can't imagine he'll make a massive difference to their buyrates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Not sure why they want Hogan back, he's proven to be a bit of a creep over the last few years. Can't imagine he'll make a massive difference to their buyrates.
    He has been gone from a WWE ring for about five years, so they may think he may get some interest for Mania. Nostalgia sells.

**** it I will probably pop for Real American myself even though I should know better:(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I won't, not even remotely. So fed up of Hogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

The idea that he'll be featured throughout the show is actually a bit off putting tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think Hogan should be the GM. It worked so well when he took up half the air time in TNA. Imagine him rambling for 90 minutes minimum every Monday night :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,152 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think Hogan should be the GM. It worked so well when he took up half the air time in TNA. Imagine him rambling for 90 minutes minimum every Monday night :pac:

Cena V Orton at Extreme Rules for the right to have Brooke as their valet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,266 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Penn wrote: »
    Cena V Orton at Extreme Rules for the right to have Brooke as their valet

Loser gets her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Stephanie on Kurt Angle returning to the company:

If Warrior can go back then so can Angle. Would love one more run for Angle but only if he's okay health-wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

No way Angle would get cleared now with that neck he has, but if they could bring him in and get him to refocus all of that energy into training, it'd be really great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Kurt Angle co-General Manager with Hogan and Sting. Great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I know he's bollixed but I'd love to see him wrestle a couple of matches. Him and Bryan would be class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Lesnar to make an appearance at the Elimination Chamber if online reports are to be believed. Kane also let the cat out of the bag on tv promoting the PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

#RIPJohnCena trending on Twitter (Some people really have too much time on their hands)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What I love are the "OMG, why are people trending #RIPJohnCena, that's sick, stop!".....and not realizing they are contributing to the trend as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Jesus Christ, that's a shame about Jake Roberts. It's lucky that WWE is inducting him now. If they waited, it might have been too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

"If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."

Legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^^^ Looks like he took a page from Walter White. Well maybe not the whole selling meth part, but it doesn't seem to have affected him as much emotionally, as it would some. He seems pretty optimistic, and I feel that's the way to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Do we know he doesn't sell meth!!!!!

Awful to hear great attitude though and that's half the battle.

Looks like the Wolves are going to Japan:

https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/437729140813594624

BhMgx3YIUAAQ_u4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Very silly to do it there and not in London.

Bizarre to do that when they still have three or four weeks of TV already recorded featuring the BroMans as Champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Bizarre to do that when they still have three or four weeks of TV already recorded featuring the BroMans as Champions.

Only two more. They promised The Wolves as tag champs to W-1. Of course they knew that when in the UK and didn't switch the tag titles there, which would've been the logical thing to do. That's TNA for you though.

Only two more. They promised The Wolves as tag champs to W-1. Of course they knew that when in the UK and didn't switch the tag titles there, which would've been the logical thing to do. That's TNA for you though.

Is it only two? Feels like there should be more. Still a dumb idea to do with TV already recorded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,340 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rovert wrote: »
    It's official - Hulk Hogan announced and confirmed as the host of WrestleMania XXX.

20140421_Light_HoganWMAnnouncement_HOMEPAGE.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/inside/hulk-hogan-returns-to-wwe

Hosting Raw also tomorrow

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Hulk-Hogan-Returning-WWE-1078078.aspx

Today is going to be CRAZY day.

The hot button issues on the WWE Network.

The Over The Edge 1999 advisory:
    BhQT0x2IEAABeOk.jpg

The "Benoit" advisory:
    BhPyNzcIUAAwpgj.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

What exactly has edited out of the Over The Edge broadcast? Id love to see the whole show as it was shown (thankfuly the incident never aired). I remember Road Dog getting very emotional before his match, hope things like this are still there

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What exactly has edited out of the Over The Edge broadcast? Id love to see the whole show as it was shown (thankfuly the incident never aired). I remember Road Dog getting very emotional before his match, hope things like this are still there

Haven't seen it but apparently it goes from the Brisco/Patterson interview to Jarrett & Debra's entrance with the obvious mood change.

What is edited out I assume is the Blue Blazer pre-taped interview, Jim Ross's "there's been a horrible accident" speech and a dreadfully, dreadfully sad attempt at remaining in character interview with Owen's close friend Jeff Jarrett and Debra as they try to press on with the Val Venis and Nicole Bass vs Jeff Jarrett and Debra storyline/match.

Human curiosity is what it is but there are comments already online from people who watched it or re-watched the show expressing regret over doing so. The ring is broken, there's a blood stain on the canvas, wrestlers and announcers traumatised etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I watched it before <MOD SNIP: DON'T ADMIT TO PIRACY>. Not so much out of curiosity but was watching WWF 1999 straight through.

One of the more touching moments is at the end of Jeff Jarrett's interview he says "Owen Hart, we are rooting for ya, buddy" or something like that, this was while Owen was still being treated in the ring. Other than that, none of the other wrestlers mention him for the rest of the show.

The most awkward moment is just after JR announces Owen Harts death, how quickly they move onto the next entrance/match and the commentators try to go on as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Just watched it there on dailymotion, man, Jarrett was put into an absolutely awful position there with a big promo about puppies and ****. Understand why they've included it though, to the point that I sent a big rant of an email to a load of the biggish pro wrestling journalists because they kept going on about how it makes no sense to include it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement