Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

No idea why Rosa would have to do that.

Because she is crap at everything relating to wrestling seems a good reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Her little dance with Primo and Epico was pretty agreeable as well having a brief skipping rope gimmick.

And this segment:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Can someone explain the Michael (ps) hayes hatred to me? I know about the ridiculous mark Henry...."faux pas" (for want of a better term) but nothing else and he goes serious grief!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm more shocked that Rosa is 34.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Can someone explain the Michael (ps) hayes hatred to me? I know about the ridiculous mark Henry...."faux pas" (for want of a better term) but nothing else and he goes serious grief!

I dunno.

As far as I know he was head of Smackdown creative during that great Punk/Hardy feud.

He comes across as quite boorish but he seems to have a great mind for the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Yep she is awful, can't work and is at best a so-so valet, rumor has been about for ages though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

No smoke without fire etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,336 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rovert wrote: »
    Let's continue on the Diva with Eva Mendes getting married today and Mickie James now pregnant posting this:
    ZBNeniB.jpg

I should take a job with VIP magazine.

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/eva-mendes-ryan-gosling-baby-talk-kids__oPt.jpg

So Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling are getting married today :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Make a list of all his best matches and you will find he was in the ring with a better worker: Foley, Bret, Shawn, Angle, Trips and Edge.

He definitely brought the best out of those guys though. Shawn had a lot of great matches but I'd say his Bad Blood 1997 and WrestleMania 25 matches against Undertaker are the best of Michaels career. The WM26 one might even be third. Triple H, CM Punk and Mick Foley also had some of the best matches of their career against him.

He had some awful matches against guys worse than him, I'll give you that. But to be fair that his mostly early in his career when he was learning and he was restricted in what he could do in the ring with his gimmick in the early days (no-selling, moving slowly, one-sided matches, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Deadlie wrote: »

Death hoaxes are the lowest form of trolling in my opinion. Getting people all worked up by pretending someone is dead. Just so lame, don't see the humor in it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Deadlie wrote: »
    Undertaker death hoax doing the rounds. Saw it twice on FB today.

Surely he'd be undead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Court Bauer mentioned on MLW radio that friends of his working in WWE said that they've noticed Vince McMahon might be having some memory problems. I'm sure I've read something like this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Death hoaxes are the lowest form of trolling in my opinion. Getting people all worked up by pretending someone is dead. Just so lame, don't see the humor in it at all.

Never understood them either. Even in the early days of the internet when the Kenan and Kel are dead rumours did the rounds, you could find out the truth within minutes. If anything it just highlights how gullible some people are and how they believe anything they're told.

The boss is back:

A cool look on the 20th Anniversary of the first Super J Cup
    http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/04/16/the-most-incredible-single-night-of-wrestling-ever/

Benoit winning the tournament kind of sullies the memory of it. But was a huge deal at the time and super influential. A lot of people's first Japanese tape for those in the US and Japan. Myself included.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The script from this week's Raw has surfaced online.

http://imgur.com/a/u9Xj3#0

One thing to note is on the 4th last page, Punk is listed as INJ - TBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

There is a rumour doing the rounds that ESPN are headhunting Renee Young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Haven't WWE and ESPN arrived a deal recently?

Accord to Dave "There is a 100% chance she will move to ESPN but i'm only 40% sure of that...but it's a 76% likelyhood that she will stay with the WWE"

Jester252 wrote: »
    Accord to Dave "There is a 100% chance she will move to ESPN but i'm only 40% sure of that...but it's a 76% likelyhood that she will stay with the WWE"

Wut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rovert wrote: »
    A cool look on the 20th Anniversary of the first Super J Cup
    http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/04/16/the-most-incredible-single-night-of-wrestling-ever/

Benoit winning the tournament kind of sullies the memory of it. But was a huge deal at the time and super influential. A lot of people's first Japanese tape for those in the US and Japan. Myself included.

How does it? Benoit was an amazing wrestler and fully deserved everything he won.

Ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Jester252 wrote: »
    "There is a 100% chance she will move to ESPN but i'm only 40% sure of that...but it's a 76% likelyhood that she will stay with the WWE"

So I've got a 143 and two-thirds chance of winning! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

60% of the time it works every time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Only Professor Pump can decipher such complicated sums.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

60% of the time it works every time :pac:
    First thing I thought of was Naked Gun: "Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Angron wrote: »
    First thing I thought of was Naked Gun: "Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that."

http://www.hark.com/clips/sqbkphzrkr-doctors-say-hes-got-a-50-slash-50-chance-of-living

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Maybe stretching "News", but the Drogheda Leader (the free newspaper in town) has a headline this week of "The Ultimate Warrior".

Right, it's linked to a different story about a little girl who got an award in America, but the timing of it certainly seems very coincidental. Wondering if someone wanted to give a subtle shout-out :pac:

• Advertisement

ROH has announced they are doing traditional Pay Per Views again:
    http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-debuts-live-ppv-w-best-world-2014-sunday-june-22

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement