Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Cody's ship has sailed, no way he'd be included in any group as the young up and comer now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I would love to see Sheamus and Cody in evolution. Perfect way to give them both the much needed boost they require.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Would even Zach Gowen receive a (small) royalties cheque from WWE too then?

Tracking back a bit but I just listened to this podcast with Colin Delaney:
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/indeedwrestling/2014/04/19/wrestlenomics-radio-w-colin-delaney

Colin_delaney.jpg

WWE rang him last week looking to confirm his current address as they have a cheque for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan's (Bryan Danielson's) father has unexpectedly passed away. Bryan was made aware of his father's passing after returning from his honeymoon with Brie Bella. Despite the news, Bryan has insisted on performing for the WWE Universe tonight (April 21) and will be on Raw. WWE extends our deepest condolences to Bryan and his family.
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/daniel-bryan-father-passes-away

Zillionth time I've posted this but this promo referenced Bryan's Dad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

That's life for you. One week your having the best time of your life, in Bryan's case getting married and winning the mania main event, the next week you hit the lowest you will ever be in your life, when your father dies.

Shít sucks man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

:(

:(

His Dad did see him the World title and get married within the last 2 and a bit weeks so there's that at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

true. I feel creepy as **** saying this but they seem like such a nice family from the two docs. Even when Asparagus the Wonderdog died it was sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sirsok wrote: »
    I'd like if Batista left, and they brought two new people into evolution, Triple H in the flair role, orton in HHH old role, maybe Big E in batistas old role and someone from NXT, maybe Bo Dallas, in ortons old role, would tie in with the original premise, push new stars and match ups!

Batista could return as a face then

Batista is awful as a face, always has been, if they keep Evolution around then it'd make sense to stick a couple of newer guys in there and have HHH do the management/advisor thing alright. Bring him in physically when only needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hugh Jackman will be on RAW next week, and he kicked off a Twitter war between Damien Sandow & Dolph Ziggler
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2014-04-21/hugh-jackman-to-guest-star-april-28-raw-26252809

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Vince is crazy, shocker!

recent coachman interview snippet
    Q: I've heard a rumor about Vince McMahon playing a prank on you that involved cops. It was published in one of the WWE publications, any truth to it?

A: What you read and heard was 100% true. The thing about WWE is you have to be accepted on many different levels. From 2003 on, I was one of the boys. If you were willing to put your neck on the line and get in the ring, that separates you from everybody else. Up until that point, I had to be accepted into the crew, so to speak. Basically, Jerry Brisco came up to me in 2001 in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and he said he wanted me to run a football pool. $10 to pick all the games, and everybody did it. And I started on a Tuesday, it was a Smackdown taping, I'll never forget it. I had my own room I did interviews in, and all the sudden two cops show up. They were very serious, and said I understand you're running a gambling pool. You sold one to one of our undercover cops here.

It's a felony in North Carolina and we're going to have to take you in. So we're walking down the hallway, and we stop in front of Vince's office, and they said we should probably let him know because you're not going to be here for a while. We walk in and it's Vince, Triple H, Stephanie, The Rock, Kevin Dunn and Jerry Brisco. I should have known that, with Jerry in the room, something was going on, but I was so terrified because I was 26 years old. The real cops proceeded to tell Vince they've caught me in a gambling pool and we need to take him downtown. Vince got in my face, and he was an inch away from my nose. He was cursing, telling me my priorities were bad, and spending company time to run a gambling pool. This entire riff lasted 45 minutes. At the end of the office bit, the officer said it was $1,500 to get me out, and Vince said F-no, he's on his own. They handcuffed me, and I asked if there was anything I could put over my face. Vince threw me a pair of sweaty gym shorts that got stuck on my face. I walked out of the office and the first person I see is The Undertaker. He looks at me with shock, and it was so real because no one else was in on it except those people in the office. They walked me out, and all the fans could see me and they drove me about a mile down the road, and got a call on the radio that they had to come back to pick up something. They turn around, come back, and everyone's there with Vince in front of everybody laughing their asses off. Greatest rip in the history of the business, and for about 10 minutes I literally walked to a place in the building and started crying. I thought my career was over. I thought how can I tell my dad I got fired over a $10 football pool.

http://backsportspage.com/index.php/features/item/in-the-business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Mick Foley wrote:
    LEGENDS DEAL To deal..or not to deal - that is the question. As some of you may have heard, at this point, I am opting not to sign my Legends Marketing Deal, which gives #WWE the right to market my likeness on video games and action figures. I'll be writing in more detail about this in the next week or so, but it would be fair to say that, despite strong sales, I have found the payoffs for the past two video games to be extremely weak - in the 25% range of what most talent was expecting.

Last year, the explanation had something to do with the video game company going bankrupt - a real shame for me, since I was heavily featured as three characters from the "Attitude" era, complete with voice work. I haven't heard this year's explanation yet, but, personally. I think the #WWE just wants to see if the talent will accept a far lower percentage than had previously been given. If so, it would proably be a good business move for #WWE, since very few current wrestlers are going to jeapordize their standing with the company by offering resistance - and most legends will probably come to feel like anything they get from merchandise is better than nothing. As for me: until I hear a valid reason, I'm opting out.

https://www.facebook.com/RealMickFoley/posts/816857115011095

Crap games anyways.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So Foley is complaining about not getting enough money for doing absolutely nothing?

I'd rather be getting 25% of something than a 100% of nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Loughc wrote: »
    So Foley is complaining about not getting enough money for doing absolutely nothing?

I'd rather be getting 25% of something than a 100% of nothing!

I'd rather get 100% of something when I signed a contract stating I was entitled to it, rather than 25% just because the WWE want the rest.
    If tgey want him in the game, just pay him his due; and building up a character so that he's relevant to gamers and fans about a decade after he retires isn't 'absolutely nothing'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

From Meltzer's daily update:
    -- For the record, the plan is not to turn Bray babyface until the Shield turns heel, so the two sides will continue to remain on opposite sides of the fence (with the exception of Roman Reigns, of course, who will split off).

When I read this, I was shocked for many reasons. First of all it was written as if turning Bray Wyatt babyface and turning Rollins & Ambrose was something everybody is expecting; like it was obvious??? But it doesn't make much sense. The Shield just turned babyface and while I could see Ambrose turning on them, the idea of the Shield being heel again anytime soon doesn't make sense.

But it still makes more sense than Wyatt turning babyface - I honestly have no idea how that would work. OK, the crowd have been cheering for him a bit lately, but still. The gimmick has to be a heel, at least for the forseeable future. If he is around for a few years then of course it's possible to adapt by completely changing his character, but not this soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ Agree why would you turn Bray face now? his gimmick is natural heel fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

The only way to conceivably turn Bray ,would be to keep him in a program with Cena for ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy would you even consider turning Bray face??? Leave him be; taking the family gimmick and turning him face would be the death of the character.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I guess the problem becomes who you can pair him with once he beats Cena (a problem always faced when a heel goes against the top face). He's already beaten Bryan, but could go that route. Already beaten The Shield. But there's a massive lack of top faces left for them. A face turn (coupled with a Shield heel turn) could actually provide them some options.

• Advertisement

Like in London WWE is bring Hogan to Tokyo as a ploy to move currently slow moving tickets:
    Hulk Hogan is coming to Tokyo on 7/11 and Osaka on 7/12! WWE tour at Sumo Hall in Tokyo on 7/10-11 and Osaka on 7/12. He appear only on 7/11-12.
    http://www.wwe.co.jp/wwelive/news/5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

krudler wrote: »
    Batista is awful as a face, always has been

Wrestlemania 21 drew huge, one of the biggest of all time, and the draw of the show was Batista as a babyface going for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Monokne wrote: »
    Wrestlemania 21 drew huge, one of the biggest of all time, and the draw of the show was Batista as a babyface going for the title.

I am pretty sure big Shows Sumo match drew the cash that night

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Some minor signs of life on Punks Twitter today..If a retweet counts as life that is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Just FYI WrestleMania 21 drew 983k which is below 2004, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013 in the last decade. Generally you'd expect Mania to get 1.1-1.2m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Tssk wrote: »
    Some minor signs of life on Punks Twitter today..If a retweet counts as life that is..

I see no retweet. Unless he deleted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Adiboo wrote: »
    I see no retweet. Unless he deleted it.

Favourited a photo of a couple kids dressed up as Punk and Warrior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

WWE video taken down by wrestling fan!

The fan (Hayden Marsh) uploaded a satellite rip of Cesaro's new entrance video, hours before WWE posted it on their YouTube page. He cheekily put in a copyright claim and WWE's video got taken down :D Not particularly news but it's fun for anyone who's dealt with WWE's uber-strict copyright on YouTube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

jaykhunter wrote: »
    2011, 2012, 2013
    These three, 2011 especially (which had nothing else going for it whatsoever and the year before flopped big time), are almost entirely down to the Rock to the point that I dunno if it's a fair to use them as a stick to beat Batista with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Just FYI WrestleMania 21 drew 983k which is below 2004, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013 in the last decade. Generally you'd expect Mania to get 1.1-1.2m.

How much was that affected by The Network though?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement