Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Shield vs Wyatts seems to be the go-to match when they're stuck and need to pull something out of the hat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yup. Alberto Del Rio's stock has fallen a tonne. I guess WWE does think he is retiring when his contract is up as he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He's as much to blame as WWE imo. He hasn't changed up his character at all. He's decent in the ring but otherwise he's bland imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Moneymaker wrote: »
    He's as much to blame as WWE imo. He hasn't changed up his character at all. He's decent in the ring but otherwise he's bland imo.

What was your favorite match between Kofi and Del Rio?

I liked the one, where Kofi made a hot start but ADR made him tap really quickly and refused to let go while the announcers put over how aggressive he was. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Rjd2 wrote: »
    What was your favorite match between Kofi and Del Rio?

I liked the one, where Kofi made a hot start but ADR made him tap really quickly and refused to let go while the announcers put over how aggressive he was. :)

eh that's how every match between them is

somebody's a bit slow

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

eh that's how every match between them is

somebody's a bit slow

:pac:

Somebody is a bit slow alright

{Best Michael Jackson impression } I'm looking at the man in the mirror {\quote}

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Moneymaker wrote: »

I doubt Del Rio has the power to change his character all that much. WWE micro manage every little thing. If he wanted to use a new move they would have to approve it first. Del Rio likely has no say in what he does, he just goes out and does it. Unless you're the level of Cena, Orton, Punk etc. I doubt you get any say.

Somebody is a bit slow alright

{Best Michael Jackson impression } I'm looking at the man in the mirror {\quote}

Think you chose the wrong brackets buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Rjd2 wrote: »
    What was your favorite match between Kofi and Del Rio? I liked the one, where Kofi made a hot start but ADR made him tap really quickly and refused to let go while the announcers put over how aggressive he was. :)

Ahh, match #275, I know it well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm not sure whether I'm alone. But I thought Del Rios face turn was a much needed breath of fresh air and was executed pretty good. Turned back heel far too soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether I'm alone. But I thought Del Rios face turn was a much needed breath if fresh air and was executed pretty good. Turned back heel far too soon.

Also the little remix of his music was awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Monokne wrote: »
    Hmm. I have nothing against the dude, and I can totally understand the instinct of tucking your head when you are in what is traditionally 'piledriver' position, but I don't see it as incumbent upon AJ to ask everyone he's going to work with "Are you nervous about taking my finish? Do you want to do a run through?". If he was nervous, it might have been prudent for him to ask AJ could they do that.

Plus in the Roderick Strong case, he'd taken the move a dozen times and just forgot how and instinctively tucked.

You can go through wrestling for years and never take a certain bump until it comes up. Sometimes you're out there and ready for a particular spot before you realise that you've never run it before. Or (what I imagine was the case here) you could see the Styles Clash being done a thousand times before and assume you know how to take it, not think about the process in the moment, and something like this can happen.

If you insist on using a signature move that can easily go wrong, you should ask someone if they've taken it before and leave it in their hands if they want to do a dry run. And you should respect if they do, not everyone sits at home watching AJ Styles matches and dreaming of one day taking the finisher off an unemployed indie wrestler who never made it big. It's not something that's taught as a basic in every indie wrestling school. He uses a unique, niche move; it's on him to make sure the people who trust him with their safety know how to take it. If he gets sick of asking then he should stop using it.

I could easily see it as a case that wrestlers would be nervous to approach people like him and ask, for fear of not looking like they know what they're doing. That's total BS and safety concerns should come before any of that. Put simply people should have the respect for their own safety to refuse to take it if he refuses to walk them through it. So what if you face consequences? If you end up paralysed, none of that matters anyway. You can come back from a bit of heat if you can walk. And it's one of those situations where, if it came to a head, everyone would see AJ as being a dick if he brought it to that level.

AJ should be catching a ton of heat for this. It's sad that the fans who can put pressure on him to confront issue don't know enough of the background stuff that goes into it to see he's in the wrong, and that workers just don't want to put their head above water and upset him by calling him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

It makes sense too, if you are upside down, you would instinctively move your head the wrong direction, tucking it forward instead of back. Really nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

When AJ's Styles Clash is botched, there's three ways to aim the blame:
    - Nobody (It was an accident)
    - AJ: There's a way to do the Styles Clash where, even if the opponent tucks their chin in, he won't injure him as his top half is 'swung' up in the air. Perhaps Styles likely isn't strong enough to do so.
    - Opponent forgot how to take a Styles Clash - wrestling is dangerous in general, it's up to him to know how to take moves, even if it's against his natural instinct.

I don't think it's a coincidence Styles moves to the indies and botches this move twice in as many months. It's probably a mix of arrogance and pride on one or both parties that it's obviously not ran-through beforehand. If I were Styles I'd work it into a storyline/spot, before doing the move, shouting "head back, d**khead"! There's even an intentional Style Clash botch move which is pretty awesome. It'd work as a heel storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Its a **** move anyway imo

leggo wrote: »
    AJ should be catching a ton of heat for this. It's sad that the fans who can put pressure on him to confront issue don't know enough of the background stuff that goes into it to see he's in the wrong, and that workers just don't want to put their head above water and upset him by calling him out.

Styles did an interview with Powerslam a few months ago where he rejected the idea that he should have any heat vis-a-vis the Roderick String botch because he did no wrong because he didn't screw up the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Looks like
    Fergal Devitt
    is on his way to WWE

Jester252 wrote: »
    Looks like
    Fergal Devitt
    is on his way to WWE

Hmmm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Looks like
    Fergal Devitt
    is on his way to WWE

I'll believe it, when i see it, but when he does eventually arrive, mother of god i hope they keep him away from Sheamus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'll believe it, when i see it, but when he does eventually arrive, mother of god i hope they keep him away from Sheamus.

and Hornswoggle........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Looks like
    Fergal Devitt
    is on his way to WWE

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Styles did an interview with Powerslam a few months ago where he rejected the idea that he should have any heat vis-a-vis the Roderick String botch because he did no wrong because he didn't screw up the move.

Sounds fairly logical to me.

Lads there's a Devitt thread. He's going to WWE. He would leave New Japan for no other reason. Him losing the ICW title yesterday has no bearing on anything. I've no idea how people online have gotten the notion that it would. It is a Indy title for an upstart promotion that runs out of a nightclub. He could easily just vacate the title and go to WWE. It isn't like he would be sued or stopped at the border. Also the ICW title isn't even the only belt he current holds.

He is still the Revolution Pro Wrestling British Cruiserweight Championship and the Wrestling.Ie Champion. Not claiming to be an expert or have super inside knowledge but I close to the grape vine and pay more attention to randomers online who only discovered Devitt 4 months ago and who thought yesterday's show was his last date in the UK and Ireland. Despite being advertised to wrestle for Wrestling.ie Friday June 27th. If he has UK & Irish bookings that extend beyond that date then it is time to talk until then don't listen to jokers online. Ok maybe just this joker.

I fully believe he is going to WWE/NXT in July.

rovert wrote: »
    Lads there's a Devitt thread. He's going to WWE. He would leave New Japan for no other reason. Him losing the ICW title yesterday has no bearing on anything. I've no idea how people online have gotten the notion that it would. It is a Indy title for an upstart promotion that runs out of a nightclub. He could easily just vacate the title and go to WWE. It isn't like he would be sued or stopped at the border. Also the ICW title isn't even the only belt he current holds.

He is still the Revolution Pro Wrestling British Cruiserweight Championship and the Wrestling.Ie Champion. Not claiming to be an expert or have super inside knowledge but I close to the grape vine and pay more attention to randomers online who only discovered Devitt 4 months ago and who thought yesterday's show was his last date in the UK and Ireland. Despite being advertised to wrestle for Wrestling.ie Friday June 27th. If he has UK & Irish bookings that extend beyond that date then it is time to talk until then don't listen to jokers online. Ok maybe just this joker.

I fully believe he is going to WWE/NXT in July.

Relax. He'll drop all his titles out of respect for the promotions that got him to where he is. The ICW drop would have meant nothing if he was still with New Japan but see as he left it's another sign of his career change, as nothing has be confirmed. He has championship matches for both the Revolution and Wrestling.ie in the next couple of months.

Relax. He'll drop all his titles out of respect for the promotions that got him to where he is. The ICW drop would have meant nothing if he was still with New Japan but see as he left it's another sign of his career change, as nothing has be confirmed. He has championship matches for both the Revolution and Wrestling.ie in the next couple of months.

Which I already stated above. Him going to New Japan is not a new rumour either. In the nicest way possible if the ICW title change means nothing I've no idea why you posted Devitt to WWE as news last night with all due respect.

Which I already stated above. Him going to New Japan is not a new rumour either. In the nicest way possible if the ICW title change means nothing I've no idea why you posted Devitt to WWE as news last night with all due respect.

He has left New Japan.

The ICW title change would have meant nothing if he was still with New Japan, seen as he has left New Japan it's another sign of him moving to WWE, as nothing has been confirmed.

This is getting silly.

This is getting silly.

The only thing silly is your posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Let's go Jester. Lets go Rovert. x5

• Advertisement

Let's go Jester. Lets go Rovert. x5

Super Dragon!!! Super Dragon!!! Super Dragon!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement