Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

wow, Vickie's looking amazing. She's lost a ton of weight; congrats to her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I'm taking that to the bushes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Am the only one thinking her head kinda looks photoshop'd? If not wow :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Am the only one thinking her head kinda looks photoshop'd? If not wow :eek:

It's definitely been edited. The skin is too smooth-looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Pity about her scull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's definitely been edited. The skin is too smooth-looking.

it's probably too naive to think they've only smoothed out the skin...i was hoping that she's just holding her tummy in lol; but all in all she looks fantastic these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Lads that's photoshopped ta ****, her neck is too long to her chin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Vickie Guerrero Twitter pic,she looks well!

163054.jpg

205348_512x288_generated.jpg

Mitch is right, even though she has lost an absolute ton of weight, and all credit to her for doing so, they have shopped that something serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source: PWInsider

WWE sources confirmed this morning that Randy Orton did suffer a legitimate concussion over the weekend during the company's international tour.

No decision has been made on whether he will be allowed to work the PPV this Sunday and it will be a "day of game" decision made by the company's doctors. The hope is that he'll be cleared to work Christian in some capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Plus the skin tone on her face is completely different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

she still looks mank...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Weird one this...
    Chair Shot Reality fan, Victor Ruiz, sent me the following email.

It is video from the WWE in Spain last weekend where Alberto Del Rio is in a match against Big Show. When the Big Show comes out, he has the Intercontinental title. As of last weekend and still currently, Wade Barrett is the IC champ in WWE.

To see for yourself fast forward to the 6:35 mark where Big Show comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Thats not the intercontinental, that's the wwe... Internet championship! :eek:
    This must be addressed on ztlis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

CMpunked wrote: »
    Thats not the intercontinental, that's the wwe... Internet championship! :eek:
    This must be addressed on ztlis!

That defo is the intercontinental title. In the words of Olivia lee "but why though?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

That defo is the intercontinental title. In the words of Olivia lee "but why though?"

It just looks tiny on him... thats probably why.

Didnt introduce him as the intercontinental champ though... all very strange... whens the air date for that supposed to be?

House show, I think, so it won't be on TV. I'd imagine it was a joke to set the internet talkibg about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lads, no chat. If ye want to talk about this, start a thread. If not, just move on please.

thanks

Sin Cara...botches not confined solely to his matches...from another forum...
    - Kris Zellner reports that WWE failed to patent the "Sin Cara" name in Mexico so Cara's former promotion, EMLL, has filed for a patent on the name instead.
    A quick note about the Sin Cara/CMLL copyright deal: people are misunderstanding what that is. Sin Cara will be able to use that name in Mexico while in WWE without a problem, and they’ll be able to sell t-shirts and masks and all sorts of usual things. The only way that can’t happen is if CMLL sues to protect their copyright, and they won’t do that because they’ll surely lose. Unless Mexican law works strangely, it doesn’t matter that CMLL got it in a couple weeks earlier if it’s clear that’s WWE came up with the idea (and it is.) This will have no affect on WWE and CMLL is hoping WWE doesn’t ever even notice their claim.
    This is not about WWE. This is a pre-empetive strike on Sin Cara himself. If he leaves WWE and comes back to Mexico, he won’t be able to use the Mistico in Mexico because CMLL owns that, and now he won’t be able to use the Sin Cara name either (if this holds up). Sin Cara could also take CMLL to court over it, but it’ll be a lot tougher for an individual and personally expensive. In theory, CMLL could bring him back to their promotion to use either name, but that’s unlikely to happen without a change in ownership. Sin Cara will more likely be stuck changing to yet another name. (Probably something starting with an ‘A’.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter (f4wonline.com) & PWInsider.com

- The fact that Zack Ryder would have some vocal fans at Monday's RAW in Long Island, New York was no secret going into the show. This was talked about internally and the decision was made to have him perform on Superstars only. People within WWE were upset that Ryder wasn't used with the feeling that he's got himself over with fans using social media and without a normal WWE push, and he wasn't even put on RAW because the company knew he would get a bigger reaction than some of the stars they push on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

ROH STARS AT THIS WEEK'S WWE TV TAPINGS
    By Dave Scherer on 2011-06-16 19:37:03 Former ROH Tag Team champions Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli were at both Raw in New York and Smackdown in Providence, Rhode Island this week. They worked out in the ring with WWE officials before each show. It should be interesting to see what comes of that.
    Thanks to Ryan Morgan for his help.

http://pwinsider.com/article/59023/roh-stars-at-this-weeks-wwe-tv-tapings.html?p=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

According to his wikipedia page, Trevor Murdoch has re-signed with WWE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Mueller#Return_to_WWE_.282011.29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Jim Ross to receive Lou Thesz Award from National Wrestling Hall of Fame

WATERLOO, Iowa--One of the biggest names in professional wrestling will be recognized by the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum. Jim Ross, a ring announcer and an executive for World Wrestling Entertainment, will receive the Lou Thesz Award at the George Tragos/Lou Thesz Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame inductions on July 22-23.

The Lou Thesz Award is given to an individual in wrestling who has taken the skills of professional wrestling into the realm of public service.
    The award is presented by the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum and Eblen Charities.

Eblen Charities is a North Carolina based non-profit organization that assists children, adults, and families in times of need.

Hall of Famer Gerald Brisco will present Ross his award at an induction banquet on Saturday, July 23. The banquet will be held at the Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center in Waterloo, Iowa.

"Jim Ross carries the passion and dedication to make this profession the very best it can be, "said Brisco. "I think Lou Thesz would be honored to know good old JR will be receiving this great award."

Ross is one of the most recognized names in professional wrestling. He is best-known as a professional wrestling commentator and for his work with World Wrestling Entertainment. Ross has been heavily involved with scouting and talent development with the WWE.

Ross consistently works with several service organizations, including the Support Our Troops initiative, Circle of Champions, and Get R.E.A.L. (Respect, Education, Achievement, Leadership). He has also been involved with Meetings with Children with Life Threatening Illnesses.

"My boyhood hero was Lou Thesz," said Jim Ross. "Getting the Lou Thesz Award is an overwhelming honor. I'm looking forward to being in Waterloo for this event."

Ross will take part in all weekend activities, including a special training session at Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center on Friday, July 22. Professional wrestlers who have committed to attending induction weekend include Terry Funk, Gerald Brisco, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Mick Foley, Jim Raschke, Danny Hodge, Bob Roop, Larry Hennig, Fritz Von Goering, and Colt Cabana.

For more information on the weekend, or for information on ordering banquet tickets, contact the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum at (319) 233-0745 or orders@wrestlingmuseum.org.

Schedule of events

Friday, July 22

10:15 a.m. – Registration for celebrity golf tournament at Irv Warren Memorial Golf Course

11:15 a.m. – Introduction of celebrities

11:30 a.m. – Tee off for celebrity golf tournament

2 p.m. – Training session with Gerald Brisco and Jim Ross at Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center

5:30 p.m. – Doors open to the public for Impact Pro Wrestling show at Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center

7 p.m. – Impact Pro Wrestling show begins at Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center

Saturday, July 23

9 a.m. – Mixed Martial Arts seminar in the Dan Gable Teaching Center inside the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum with Greg Halsor. Wrestling legend Danny Hodge will provide a special presentation at the beginning of the seminar.

A special presentation of Takedown Wrestling Radio with Scott Casber and Gerry Brisco will take place during the training seminar. Both the clinic and the live radio program are open to the public.

12:30 p.m. – Wrestling round table discussion with professional wrestling legends hosted by Brian Hoops of Torch Nostalgia at the Hall of Fame

1:30 p.m. – Autograph signing with professional wrestling legends at the Hall of Fame

5 p.m. – Reception for at Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center

6 p.m. – Induction banquet at Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center

7 p.m. – Induction ceremony at Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

WWE to make Montreal Screwjob dvd http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/WWE_Planning_Montreal_Screwjob_DVD_.php
    To be honest I couldn't care less it happened about 15 years ago & everyones moved on. I wouldn't want to buy a dvd with the likes of Cena adding his 1 cents to the matter "the montreal screwjob was amazing" really John fascinating insight there.

Source & Source

WWE TLC on December 18th, 2011 has been moved to the 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore, Maryland. The original location was Philadelphia

Variety reported that Dwayne Johnson has signed on for the next installment of the 'Fast and Furious' series, which will come out May 24, 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'd nearly bet 35k if I had it that Dixie ended up paying this for wrestlings problem child Ric Flair. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/59305/ric-flair-not-going-to-jail-finally-pays-highspotscom.html?p=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

WWE Superstar Sheamus recently spoke with The Arizona Republic.

Here are a few highlights from the Q&A:

Q: What is the most difficult thing about being a WWE star?

A: Unquestionably the travel is
    the most difficult part of the job. You live out of a suitcase and are on the road a minimum of four days per week. If there's an international tour, that could be 14, 15 even 20 straight days on the road. It is difficult, but of course the reward is that you are performing in front of the WWE universe night in and night out.

Q: Who's the greatest WWE sports entertainer of all time?

A: Stone Cold Steve Austin, no question. His character revolutionized the entire industry. How could you not relate to someone so entertaining, someone who did whatever he wanted to do and stuck it to his boss? He was the Everyman, went out, worked hard and kicked some tail in the meantime. Stone Cold is the man and will always be ... that is unless he wants to lace the boots back up and get in the ring with the Celtic Warrior.

Source

Here’s a recap of Jay Lethal’s appearance on Online World of Wrestling Radio last night:

On the possibility of joining WWE: “I would say yes, Only because I can honestly say that anyone that is a pro wrestler in my generation you became a pro wrestler because of one reason and one reason only and thats because of WWE. ECW was big WCW was big but I think for my generation it was WWE that made you want to become a professional wrestler and why would you not want to get a chance to work for the company that made you love this business, so I would have to say yes.”

On speaking with Randy Savage for the first time and what Randy Savage thought of the impression: “The first conversation we had lasted for five minutes. It was a three way call because I did not believe that it was it was really the macho man, as the guy was trying to get me to believe it was really him. He told me he liked the stuff, he didnt see it on TV, but saw it on youtube, I didnt think I offended him, I think I annoyed him, as this fan was calling him, as I am a fan of Macho Man, its very weird to have a fan call you, just to talk.”

On the famous promo with Ric Flair on Impact, where he impersonated Flair to his face:After the segment, I got to the locker room first and I was so nervous that my hands were numb and I was waiting for Flair to come back through the curtain, cause I didnt know what he thought of it, I dont know if he thought it was good, before Flair came back everyone was applauding because they liked it, I thought they just thought it was funny, but when Ric Flair came back through the curtain he had the biggest smile that I have ever seen in my life, I walked up to him and hugged and then I knew it was okay.”

On who he thinks made the decision to release him from his TNA Contract: “I don’t know who makes the decision, but I can only speculate that it came from Dixie Carter herself, as the owner of the company, it had to go through to her at some point. All I know is that at some point as the owner of the company, in time it has to come through you.”

On receiving the phone call about his release: “I was called by Head of Relations Terry Taylor while at a baseball game. I should have seen it coming, as I hadn’t been on TV in five months. It wasn’t like, ‘Hey, Jay Lethal, you messed up,’ I honestly believe it was ‘We have nothing for you. We kept you long enough with getting paid, its just now time to clean up and make some cuts.’”

On the TNA Destination X: “I was originally was suppose to be apart of the Destination X PPV, even before I was release. After I was released, I was also scheduled to be apart of it, but that fell through.”

Source

Several WWE wrestling superstars had items stolen out of their luggage after arriving at Cape Town International Airport for their South African tour, professional wrestler Randy Orton tweeted.
    "Landed in Capetown a few hours ago. Beautiful here. Too bad over half the roster had various items stolen out of they're [sic] checked luggage," Orton said on Twitter.
    According to WWE's website, the stolen items included a watch, a GPS system, and clothes.
    The wrestlers took a domestic flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town on Tuesday.
    Orton said his bag was left alone even though it did not have a lock on it. However, valuables were stolen from the bags of his colleagues, after the locks on their bags were cut off.

He did not specify which wrestlers had their bags tampered with.

National police spokesperson Captain Dennis Adrio said police would refer all queries on the matter to South African Airways (SAA) and the Airports Company of South Africa (Acsa).

This was because the incident has not yet been reported to police.

"At this stage no case has been opened."

SAA, despite numerous calls, was not available for comment.

Acsa spokesperson Deidre Hendricks said "reports of this nature are always extremely disappointing".

"Having one’s luggage pilfered is not a pleasant experience, which is why we take a very serious view on matters of this nature.

"We are currently working together with the police as well as the airline with which they travelled to establish what could have happened."

She said it was unfortunate that "opportunistic crimes" of this nature happened at all airports across the world.

"...It is a matter which receives our highest attention with various measures in place; such as CCTV, baggage pilferage forums and a zero tolerance approach; all with the view of limiting such occurrences," Hendricks said.

A registered user on WWE's website, Paul Smith, said: "Orton claims that since he didn't have a lock on his bag that it was left alone. Brilliant irony. That still sucks though. South Af(r)ica is an awful place.

"For future reference, South Africa is basically The Worst place in the world."

Their tour kicks off in Cape Town on Thursday, followed by consecutive shows in for Durban and Johannesburg, ending on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Well in fairness to a thief the locks just make the bags look like there's something valuable inside, so Orton is probably right.

Although if Orton is going around with the Big Gold Belt in an unlocked suitcase it's a safe bet he didn't have to put down $25k when he won it! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement